SEPTEMBER SURGERIES

This is the topic for those who are scheduling their surgery during the month of September. Posting in this topic gives you the chance to meet other patients that are going to be in TJ during this month. So lets hear from the soon to be Gastric Plication patients.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I am new here, wondering if anyone is going in for around the 25th of September for surgery?

Getting very excited!!!! Going for a plication.

Would love to hear from anyone in Canada (north of Toronto area if there is anyone out there)!

Tips would also be very much welcomed!

Hello all,

I had made a life changing decision about 2 months ago to move forward with gastric plication. I am three days post operation and feel good, very minimal pain. Although I am a lot more hungry then I thought I would be. I have never had surgery before but Dr. Ortiz and his staff made sure that I had an awesome experience. I would highly recommend his facility and staff to anyone who is lucky enough to hit that reset button of life. I know this operation is going to make me much healthier and live a much longer life. I cannot express my gratitude enough to all of the staff at OCC, Thank you so much and I will keep everyone posted on my progress.

Best regards,

RPH

• Like 1

Hey all,

So it's been one week since I had Plication preformed. I cannot be happier, I am down 10lbs. and feel great. I cannot wait until week 3 is complete so I can get back to the gym. The walking and hiking is nice, but I do miss lifting weights. I hope you all are having a great week!

Regards,

RPH

• Like 1

Surgery is September 27th!!! I'm having the gastric plication and i'm soooooo excited! I'm currently on my pre-op diet and luckily DH is joining me for the diet. So when i'm drinking my delicious protein shake so will he instead of eating a piece of pizza!

Questions:

I'm currently trying to find samples of bariatric shakes because I'm picky eater and I want to enjoy shakes. But, I can't spend $15-$20 for something I'm not going to like. Is anyone else having this problem?

Hi, I am new here, wondering if anyone is going in for around the 25th of September for surgery?

Would love to hear from anyone in Canada (north of Toronto area if there is anyone out there)!

I am from Regina SK and just had my plication surgery on Sept 9. I am already down about 11 lbs and feeling great. The clinic is fantastic! The procedure was great - virtually no pain. My only discomfort was fatigue and heartburn. I am recovering amazingly well at home - just not able to get to the gym yet which is tough. I feel a bit lazy ;) I wish you the best of luck and I am happy to answer any questions one Canuck to another! Good luck.

• Like 1

I will be there on the 26th and 27th! Maybe we will see each other. I'm coming from upstate NY so I'm sort of close to you. Good Luck!!!

I am from Regina SK and just had my plication surgery on Sept 9. I am already down about 11 lbs and feeling great. The clinic is fantastic! The procedure was great - virtually no pain. My only discomfort was fatigue and heartburn. I am recovering amazingly well at home - just not able to get to the gym yet which is tough. I feel a bit lazy ;) I wish you the best of luck and I am happy to answer any questions one Canuck to another! Good luck.

Thanks eshannon! I can't believe I am not nervous one bit! Everything just kinda fell into place like this was meant to happen!

I know that they have soup at the hotel and stuff but is there anything else I need to bring with me?

Thanks for your input!

I will be there on the 26th and 27th! Maybe we will see each other. I'm coming from upstate NY so I'm sort of close to you. Good Luck!!!

We will definately be there the same time! I have surgery on the 25th so we will be at the hotel until Saturday. Are you coming with your DH? Please look for me!

Good luck with the surgery! I will look for you on my way out.

We will definately be there the same time! I have surgery on the 25th so we will be at the hotel until Saturday. Are you coming with your DH? Please look for me!

Good luck with the surgery! I will look for you on my way out.

I will definitely look for you!! Good luck with your surgery also. We can be soon-to-be-skinny pen pals! Yes my DH is coming he doesn't like the idea of me going to Mexico alone. Or at least that's what he claims but I think he really just wants real Mexican food!

• 4 weeks later...

I had surgery on the 25th of September and I am doing fantastic! Total weight lost including pre-op is 27 lbs. There was a time about 2 weeks after surgery where I started to actually gain weight. I was thinking WTF! It was because I stopped taking my blood pressure pills which included a water pill. My blood pressure was so low due to my weight loss that I had to stop the meds. Well, now my body was trying to compensate for the lost meds for water weight. I gained about 6 lbs but it has all evened out now and I have lost that plus.... I am actually loosing about 2-3 lbs steadily a week. For me, that is a great loss!

Especially since I have a thyroid issue that does not make it easy to loose the weight.

I am feeling great and healthier every day. I am so glad I did this surgery! I already have 2 or 3 people interested in doing it too now.

If you have any questions, I would be more than happy to answer them. I can't tell you enough what a great facility it is, how nice the people are and caring! I wouldn't hesitate in recommending this surgery or facility to anyone!

I will post pics soon.... it hasn't even been a full month yet! Can't weight (pun intended) to get to my goal weight! This is exciting!

Good luck to everyone and if you are just browsing looking for information, please do not weight another second! Book now! You won't regret it!

Cheers

So today is my 7 week anniversary since I had my Plication. BEST CHOICE I HAVE MADE IN MY LIFE. Since 9/5 i am down 51lbs and am feeling great. I am out of my 40 day meal plan and am working in sensible meals throughout the day. Usually a protein shake in the morning, a greek yogurt for my morning break, a small protein based lunch, and a well balanced dinner. Two things that I have found a little difficult is knowing the difference between a thirst hunger and a real hunger. More times then not, I'm thirsty. Second is eating too quickly and feeling that full feeling hit me like a brick. I have to consciously eat slower so I can recognize when I'm getting full. It really doesn't take much to fill you up after the surgery. All in all it's been a great 7 weeks. Hope everyone else is seeing the results of this life changing procedure.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Eshannon I am in Vancouver. Would love to know how you are doing. I had my surgey on the 6th and total including preop i have lost 30 pounds. I seem to be stuck in a stand still. Havent lost anything in a week. Maybe we can keep in touch?

Hi ChicaNica - sorry for late reply! I haven't logged in here lately. Actually I logged on today for exactly the reason you are mentioning. I am stuck at 30 pounds weight loss and can't seem to get past it! One thing I do notice is that I am slowing eating more than I was in the beginning. I can also tolerate foods that I couldn't before. I am back at the gym doing more cario and weight training (slow but sure) and I am hoping increasing my excercise with help with the weightloss. I still feel incredible and don't regret the surgery for one minute - I just need to keep on track or I feel like I will be stuck at 30 lbs forever. My goal is to lose 65lbs - what is your goal? My heartburn is also almost daily right now - are you getting heartburn frequently? It doesn't seem to matter what I eat - I get heartburn ;( I look forward to hearing from you ;)

I also think a plateau in weightloss is expected - my weight loss seemed pretty rapid before so I was expecting a slow down! But I would hope for a couple lbs a week until I reach my goal!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi ChicaNica - sorry for late reply! I haven't logged in here lately. Actually I logged on today for exactly the reason you are mentioning. I am stuck at 30 pounds weight loss and can't seem to get past it! One thing I do notice is that I am slowing eating more than I was in the beginning. I can also tolerate foods that I couldn't before. I am back at the gym doing more cario and weight training (slow but sure) and I am hoping increasing my excercise with help with the weightloss. I still feel incredible and don't regret the surgery for one minute - I just need to keep on track or I feel like I will be stuck at 30 lbs forever. My goal is to lose 65lbs - what is your goal? My heartburn is also almost daily right now - are you getting heartburn frequently? It doesn't seem to matter what I eat - I get heartburn ;( I look forward to hearing from you ;)

I also think a plateau in weightloss is expected - my weight loss seemed pretty rapid before so I was expecting a slow down! But I would hope for a couple lbs a week until I reach my goal!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

So March 6th will mark my 6 month anniversary and I am 15 pounds from my goal weight. I have

Hit a platue again this month because I have only lost 1 pound. Not feeling discouraged because I know I have gained a lot of muscle and im wearing size 9 or 8 clothes which I haven't fit into since I was 22.. lol not the same ones of course.. =)

So with that said I am ready to lose some more and hopefully by june I can wear a 2 piece bathing suit.. maybe ;)

On another note how are everyones scars from the incisions doing? Mine have not faded and I really dislike them and every now and then one of them (the bigger one) kinda stings. Does this happen to anyone else?

Anyways would love to hear how everyone is doing since september.