December 2013 Surgeries ?

Hello My name is Melanie, Is anyone scheduled to Have surgery in December, I will be having Surgery on the 20th, and Flying in the 19th. I am having the Gastric Plication.

Hi Melanie,

I am having the Gastric Sleeve surgery in December also, but on the 9th. I wish I could do it tomorrow because I am that excited. Good luck to you on your surgery.

Thank you babygirl2013, I wish I was too, I have never wanted anything more in my life. Good Luck to you and let me know how you are doing? Melanie

Me! I am scheduled for VSG on December 2nd - arriving in San Diego on the 1st - I just can't wait! I am starting my preop diet early - November 1st, so by the time Dec 2nd rolls around, I will be more than ready! It's like waiting for Christmas to come!

• Like 1

Congrats to you all, I decided with the Plication because the band you have to have filled over and over and its a device in your body, The Plication nothing is cut out and is also reversible if you would need it to be. I leave far away from the center so being filled was also not going to be easy, I spoke with a lot of others and 90% of them switched from the band to the Plication or Sleeve. Good Luck, Melanie

• 3 weeks later...

I am still trying to decide on band or Plication ... hoping to do something by Dec.

I highly suggest the plication! I had it done in september and I've had no problems or symptoms with it. I feel amazing and I've already lost 40 lbs since september :) And if you get the plication, you don't have to have a drain.

• 1 month later...

Hi...I had my placation done in may 2013, I haven't had that great of luck with it. I have only lost 13 lbs and put 2 of it back on! Ugh

Not thinking this was such a great thing....really disappoint and sad. I have really tried, another waste of my money! Has anyone else had the same thing?