My 3 Year Bandiversay: My Update

I'm coming up to my 3 year bandiversary.

My surgery was on March 3, 2010, at the OCC in Tijuana.

It feels like so much longer, but it's been 3 years. And I'm a completely different person on the outside. My inside is still catching up.

I was very very fortunate to find a centre here in Toronto, who was accepting 'foreign' lapband patients, so I was able to get blind (no flouro) fills done there for a fee. My fills at he beginning were very very slow ... I didn't feel actual restriction, until my 3rd fill, which was about 8 months into the process. I was ready for some real change by this point! That's when my appetite reduced, and the weight started to fly off. I was also exercising very consistently, which really enhanced and pushed my weight and fat loss progress along.

MY STATS//

My starting weight was 231.

I am now very content at 140lbs. I can easily drop down to 136lbs if I cut back on my fluid intake. This can happen over night.

I wear a size 'medium', or size 8. Jeans are a 28.

My boobs have gone down to an 34A cup, from a very full 40C ....

I walk at least 2 hours a day, 6 days a week (I own a dog walking business), and I'm at the gym lifting heavy stuff at least 3x's a week to help maintain my lean muscle mass, and keep my bodyfat low. My diet is mostly in check; high protein & high fat, very little carbs (including fruit, very little). I do drink a lot of chocolate milk. That's my main indulgence of my calories!

My calories very rarely go under 1200/day. If I go any lower, my energy really drops.

I can barely believe it's been 3 years.

Getting the lapband has been the very best decision I've ever made. And I don't regret it for a moment.

Thank you to the OCC for changing my life, in the best way possible.

404962_10150687651802223_516887222_11049975_32440411_n.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...