Zoom whitening anyone?

2fat4me

:blink: I will be banded early mon april 7, i am supposed to have the zoom whitening done that same day. has anyone else had this done. i was able to save on my room cost by not getting a private room, so i used the extra$ for the zoom whitening. please give me the details if you've done this.

hi

I had the zoom whitening done last week when I went for a fill took about an hour.They prepare your mouth and then put gel on teeth and the light for 15mins thy repeat this 3 times. Your teeth will be very sensitive for a day or so.Good luck

Nicole

I had the Zoom whitening at 9am the morning after my surgery. My teeth were a little sensitive the rest of the day and into the next day but now they are fine. I really noticed and the more I brush with Sensodyne whitening toothpaste my teeth are actually getting a little whiter. The only problem I had is the Zoom light thing caused a lot of discomfort on my gums. The dentist just lifted it away a little and that helped. It didn't make me sick to my stomach or anything like I had worried about. Hope that helps.

:blink: I will be banded early mon april 7, i am supposed to have the zoom whitening done that same day. has anyone else had this done. i was able to save on my room cost by not getting a private room, so i used the extra$ for the zoom whitening. please give me the details if you've done this.

I had the Zoom after my surgery... I was not impressed with the results. I should have saved my money for new clothes... that's my opinion. I guess my teeth were pretty white to begin with... they improved maybe one shade. The crest strips do the same thing.

Hope this helps,

Dottie

I had my teeth whitened down there when I got my fill, they are beautiful! Can't wait to get a tan and really show off my smile! A lot depends on how stained they are to begin with, but I thought my teeth were white, and now I can really see the difference. I had some sensitivity in my teeth for about a week, but that went away now I just have white teeth!

• 3 months later...

please see my post under "a great dentist" - mine in TJ did a great job for only $250, and there were (4) 15 - minute sessions. Some others only do 2 or 3 . teeth were pretty sensitive for 2 days, but the Sensodyne toothpaste took care of that. next time (in a few years if needed) I'll use the sensodyne for a few days before too.

my teeth ended up 0 on a scale of 0-10, with 0 being the whitest possible.

• 1 year later...

Im curious about doing this as well. My teeth have yellowed A TON since I have been banded....grr - so once I can get my behind back to the clinic hopefully in Oct Ill post how it went!

curious - why have your teeth gotten more yellow since lapband?

• 4 months later...

Hi all,

Well part of my job is to do Zoom whitening...so my comments: If your teeth tend to be sensitive already, this procedure can make them more so..let the Dentist know before they start..you can also start using Sensodyne before the procedure this to will help. Otherwise most people take to the procedure with good results, they are not permanent. I myself go the tray route, but if you get a good deal in TJ go for it..

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

it seems that every procedure on here thst talked about comes up as 50/50 good and bad expierencies it makes it so hard to decide from zoom whiteing to plication which I am haveing done Jan 19 it seems we all want to start a new in as many ways as we can.But so many different opinions dont make it easy lol God Bless all

• 1 year later...

I did Brite Smile, and had a couple "zingers" for a couple hours after. The dentist told me to take some advil or tylenol and that worked fine for me. I'm doing a whitening next month locally with a great deal I got on Groupon. It was just over $100. My experience is, it looks really good for a few months and then you just need to follow up. I got the trays, but just don't remember to do it....so I like the 'in and out' of light brightening.