Has anyone had surgery with Dr. Alejandro Quiroz in Tijuana?

oncology702

Hello,

I had Lapband surgery last October in Tijuana, Mexico with Dr. Corvalla. I cannot tell everyone what a positive experience it was. I have 23 more pounds to reach goal and have scheduled post-bariatric surgeries for December 15, 2010.

After doing a great deal of exploring for surgeons,and thoroughly checking out credentials, I have chosen Dr. Alejandro Quiroz at Cosmed Clinic (www.cosmedclinic.com).

I am scheduled to have a lower body lift, full upper arm brachioplasty, and a breast augmentation with breast lift. I would be very happy if anyone who has had any or all of these surgeries with Dr. Quiroz could respond. I know that his reputation is top notch, but would like to hear about any experiences. I am interested in information about the scars from the procedures. Any and all info would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your time.

I went down and had a consultation with him. Really great staff, and excellent facility. Top notch. I will use him when I have my TT and BL done. Hopefully Januaryish. lol.

I had a LBL with him in Jan 2009 I am thrilled with the results, however I had thigh lipo and I wouldnt waste my money on that again. I saw no improvement at all.I am planning on doing a lift and augmentation in March of 2011 with him. The main thing I need to stress is that if you need any paperwork filled out for jobs,benefits,disability get it done while you are there. Joyce has a major work overload and once your gone it takes forever to get anything done.

I had a LBL with him in Jan 2009 I am thrilled with the results, however I had thigh lipo and I wouldnt waste my money on that again. I saw no improvement at all.I am planning on doing a lift and augmentation in March of 2011 with him. The main thing I need to stress is that if you need any paperwork filled out for jobs,benefits,disability get it done while you are there. Joyce has a major work overload and once your gone it takes forever to get anything done.

I totally agree with the liposuction comment. I also have previously had liposuction and honestly the improvement (if any) is so minimal for those that aren't rail thin in the first place.

I did. The results for me were amazing. My lipo made a HUGE difference on my waist - HUGE. I had implants placed, an old c section scar fixed, lipo and he put that fat into my butt cheeks - that is what I would skip. It looks okay, but honestly - no one but me would know, and that part was NOT worth the HORRIBLE pain I had in that area.

I have sent 2 friends, and my mom and sister and 3 other friends will be going to see him within the next year.

I did. The results for me were amazing. My lipo made a HUGE difference on my waist - HUGE. I had implants placed, an old c section scar fixed, lipo and he put that fat into my butt cheeks - that is what I would skip. It looks okay, but honestly - no one but me would know, and that part was NOT worth the HORRIBLE pain I had in that area.

I have sent 2 friends, and my mom and sister and 3 other friends will be going to see him within the next year.

[/quote

Thank you for your response. Did you have the lower body lift done? I am having the lower body lift, along with full brachioplasty AND breast augmentation with lift. I have 18 days off of work, and wondering if I will be ready to return to work then. From previous surgeries I have had I have a high pain tolerance and have always done very well. I am a nurse in an outpatient infusion clinic , so other than overhead reaching my job is pretty basic. no lifting of patients etc. The other nurse i work with will be doing the overhead reaching for me.

Do you have any other recommendations for me or concerns. Maybe things that you wish you would hasve known going into it?

Thanks,

Marianne

Thank you for your response. Is there anything in perticular that you can think of that would be beneficil for me to know ahead of time. Maybe something that you discovered after surgery that you wish you would have known ahead of time.

Also, did you have external sutures or staples, or did he use the glue on you. How are your scars? Any AND all info you could give me would be greatly appreciated.

I have 18 days off, which kind of worries me. With the LBL, breast aug. with lift, AND full brachioplasty I know I will need every bit of that.

I didnt know that you could have work papers done. Is one eligible for disability benefits with an elective plastic surgery?

Thanks in advance for your time.

Marianne

I am going to have my surgery there too. What did he charge you for thigh lipo if you dont mind me asking. Dr here wants 4 G

I am going to have my surgery there too. What did he charge you for thigh lipo if you dont mind me asking. Dr here wants 4 G

What surgery is Dr. Quiroz going to do on you, if you dont mind me asking? I am scheduled for my 3 procedures on December 15, 2010 @ 7:30 a.m. :rolleyes:

• 2 months later...

To follow up on what i said earlier, I had fat from my stomach put in my face and was not happy with the results. Very uneven and did not do the area I was most concerned about. Didnt find the patient area in the back clean...at all...bugs in lights etc. Had botox to forehead, worked great but only lasted 1 and 1/2 months. I contacted Joyce and told her about it and about a problem I had at the border. She had me send a letter about the border but I never heard back about the other issues. I was really disappointed. Oh well, I guess.

• 3 weeks later...

I kinda can agree with Bandiva regarding a few items, like I said I used Dr Quiroz in Jan 2009 for LBL and lipo. I was planning on returning to him for my breast lift in April 2011, however I am seriously thinking of going with Dr Campos. I have emailed Dr Campos and/or staff on several occasions and have had immediate responses. I have emailed Joyce and it takes weeks to get back to me. I have set up a consultation appt for both doctors in November, so we shall see. I was happy with Dr Quiroz but the way they have Joyce try to handle it all is ignorant. They need to hire people or allow others to help her. If you have any questions please ask.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest tadpoleca

I live in Canada and went to Dr. Quiroz for an extensive tt, breast lift (no implants), and fat transfer from my back to my butt. I have to say Dr. Quiroz is a terrific surgeon and human being. After I came home he called me 2 times a week for 1.5 months. As far as I am concerned that is above and beyond what most doctors would do. I had such a huge change post surgery that he posted my pics on his web site. It is now 1.5 years later and I am so pleased with the results. I would see him again in a heartbeat. I did a lot of research before I chose to go with Dr. Quiroz, I chose him because in all the research I did on the internet with support sites there wasn't one complaint about his work. I could go on and on about Dr. Quiroz but my best advise is to research a lot and be comfortable with whoever you choose.

Hugs

Trudy

• 1 month later...

I live in Canada and went to Dr. Quiroz for an extensive tt, breast lift (no implants), and fat transfer from my back to my butt. I have to say Dr. Quiroz is a terrific surgeon and human being. After I came home he called me 2 times a week for 1.5 months. As far as I am concerned that is above and beyond what most doctors would do. I had such a huge change post surgery that he posted my pics on his web site. It is now 1.5 years later and I am so pleased with the results. I would see him again in a heartbeat. I did a lot of research before I chose to go with Dr. Quiroz, I chose him because in all the research I did on the internet with support sites there wasn't one complaint about his work. I could go on and on about Dr. Quiroz but my best advise is to research a lot and be comfortable with whoever you choose.

Hugs

Trudy

Hugs

Trudy

Hi Trudy,

I live in Toronto and am interested in Hand Rejuvenation with Micro Fat Grafting which involves fat harvesting with lipo and then transferring the fat into the hands. I came across Dr. Quiroz's Web Site in my research as the cost of this procedure in Canada is close to $5000.00 and am looking for something less expensive. Do you have any suggestions or recent comments about your experience and what you would do or not do differently? Thank- You ahead, Sacredfirelight

I am interested in tummy tuck surgery in mexico, but am concerned about how much pain there will be as I would have a 3.5 hour flight back to Canada and then a 5 hour drive back home. Can anyone else with 3-4 hour flights home tell me how bad it would be. Surgery in Canada costs way too much.

• 1 month later...

I had my Tummy tuck,Liposculpture,fat transfer and breast implants at OCC with Dr. Mendez. I am very happy with the results and most important I felt at home at OCC. :)

You say you did all that, but I checked into this and they will do it, but in multiple trips. did you do this all at once?

I'm trying to get some information on the implants vs. lift. Did you know you wanted implants, or how did you decide to go that route? How did you deal with the drain?

Thanks for hte information you provide, I'm trying to make a decision pretty quickly here.

• 1 month later...

I had my Tummy tuck,Liposculpture,fat transfer and breast implants at OCC with Dr. Mendez. I am very happy with the results and most important I felt at home at OCC. :)

LV,

I'm looking for some feedback on your surgery. Did you do all at once? Do you like the results? HOw close were you to goal when you did the surgery? How does your belly button look? I'm anxious to know how you felt, how was travel... LOL I have a million questions for someone that went through it.

I did this all at once, I have always wanted implants but with the weight loss I needed them my boobs were horrible. I was not in a lot of pain but mostly discomfort because of the drain. I had it removed after 5 days. My belly button looks normal not like before but you cant tell they re did it. The scar is mostly in the inside and cant really see it. if you send me your email I can send you my pics.