Better than Bouillon: Beef, Lobster, Chicken

Keurig one Cup coffee machine: K-cups in variety teas, and coffee's

Sugar free Popsicles

Cuisinart Bread Machine - low carb bread setting and recipe

Sans Sucre Mousse: Lemon, Chocolate, Cheesecake, Chocolate Mint

Calorie King - tracking and membership site

Netrition Web site: www.netrition

I AM SO EXCITED I COULD SCREAM!!!

I discovered the boxes of Fiber One Muffin Mix!! In honor of Easter today I decided to make a box for the very first time. The ingrediants are basic: mix, water, 2 eggs (I used a half cup of egg substitute - lowers the calories w/o sacrificing taste), & 2 Tblsp of cooking oil.

Reasons why Fiber One Muffins are my new BFF:

1.Boy, this was by far the easiest baking I have ever done! The mix blended perfectly in no time at all with just a spoon!

2. Simple ingrediants

3. Muffins came out picture perfect - exactly like on the box!

4. Muffins were extremely moist!

5. My band let me eat ONE and it stayed down and thanks to that 5 grams of fiber & my band I am completely full and it is the only thing I have had to eat all day!

6. ONE muffin is only 160 calories prepared with 2.5 grams of fat and 5 grams of fiber! This means the muffin is only 2 WW Points!

Needless to say I now know what I am making for co-workers if called on to do so for an employee function :lol:

• 1 month later...

Applebee's Grilled Shrimp and Rice lo-cal (under 550) calories! I don't like rice so I asked them to substitute veggies. It was an awesome lunch!!! 500 calories for lunch is too much for me, but I'm hoping since I substituted the veggies the calorie total was less.

Applebee's Grilled Shrimp and Rice lo-cal (under 550) calories! I don't like rice so I asked them to substitute veggies. It was an awesome lunch!!! 500 calories for lunch is too much for me, but I'm hoping since I substituted the veggies the calorie total was less.

You probably knocked off between 150 - 200 calories ;) Great job!!!

You probably knocked off between 150 - 200 calories ;) Great job!!!

Cool!! I like to keep my lunch between 250-300 calories. I go out to lunch 1-2 times per week and have been trying to find something low calorie, but also tasty, and this one fit the bill. I'm not a salad lover, unfortunately.

If you like shrimp, the Costco I have by my home has some great ones, along with scallops..another great find.."cooking with coconut flour." or just coconut flour in genral..so much more energy with wheat out of the picture..walked two miles to work...woohoo... oh, and the Costco brand suger free vitamin water....

• 4 weeks later...

This is not a new recipe but it is helping me...

One package of jello-

2cups hot water

Dissolve jello

Add 2 cups of ice cubes

When jello is cooled,

add tub of fat free cool whip.

Stir--

Fill into 1/2 containers, cover

Chill!

I am not able to eat much of anything in the AM. So one of these fills me up and I don't PB. Its a little protein, and some calories and some air!

Kim :wub:

• 1 month later...

This list is a work in progress but I thought I would share some items that I could not live without as they have become priceless replacements in my life:

1. I can’t Believe It Is Not Butter Spray

2. Walden Farms Zero Calorie Dressings & Spreads www.waldenfarms.com

3. Hebrew National 98% Fat Free Hot Dogs

4. Oscar Meyer 98% Fat Free Bologna

5. Digital Food Scale

6. Low Calorie Sliced Bread (Sara Lee, Orowheat, different brands in different parts of the country but 2 slices usually equall about 90 calories with about 4 grams of fiber)

7. Low Calorie hot dog & hamburger buns (if you are lucky enough to find – no longer available in southern California) Wonder bread had some available.

8. Fat Free, Sugar Free Jello Pudding Cups with Fat Free Cool Whip

9. Skinny Cow Ice Cream Sandwiches

10. George Forman Grill (my best friend) (You can literally cook an entire meal with it in minutes!)

11. www.calorieking.com (look up the nutritional value for hundreds of items)

12. Pirate Booty

13. Hungry-Girl Cook book & Recipe Cards

14. Dill Pickles - eat as many as you want for zero points!

15. WW Taco Soup Recipe care of Mom - This should have been #1 on thie list as it is a staple in my household since it goes on and with everything from omelettes, potatos, and taco salad. Major comfort food!

16. Laughing Cow Light Cheese Wedges (good bye forever mayo & cream cheese!)

17. Oroweat Muti-grain Sandwich Thins (a slice of bread and a bun got married & had a baby and this is it!) - Only 100 calories for 2 slices.

18. Thomas' Bagel Thins (same concept as sandwich thins but a bagel - also works great for sandwiches toasted).

Liquids Anyone?

1. Active Lifestyle Gellatin Cups - loaded with 4 grams of fiber per serving! Flavors are better than Jell-O!

2. Mishima Miso Soup poweder mix - comes in individual packets that you just mix with hot water! Only 35 calories a pop.

3. Cool Whip Lite or Cool Whip Free (great with the Jell-O. Feels like you are cheating when you are not)

4. Nestle Rich Hot Cocoa Powder with Caramel - A liquid Candy Bar!

5. Bigelow Vanilla Chai Tea Bags - A box of 20 (Try with a dash of skim milk and you would think you paid $3.5 for a cup at Starbucks!

6. Campbell's Soup At Hand "Blended Vegetable Medley"

7. Imagine Organic Creamy Tomato Soup (comes in a rectangle carton)

8. Yonique Low Fat Yogurt Drinks (Pina Colada is awesome)

9. Lifeway Lowfat flavored Kefir (found this at Whole Foods)

9. Slim Fast Optima Shakes (The only protein shake I like)

10. Benefiber individual Drink Powder (like Cystal Light except 3 grams of fiber per pouch - sold in the Metamucil Aisle. Flavors are awesome. Mix with bottled water.)

11. Original V8 - I love this at room temp or heated on the stove as a soup.

12. Naked Fruit Smoothies (variety pack of 10, 10 ounce bottles found at Costco for $5.99. I use these for breakfast!)

13. Glaceau Vitaminwater10 - Was sick w/ cold this weekend and had to add this since it literally brought me through the storm single handedly

Wonderful list! Thank you!

This may sound dumb, but it is truly helping me.

Orbit gum - Piña Colada flavor.

When I feel like I should stop eating, I pop in a piece. Its sweet and tastes like a cocktail or dessert.. and since im alreday chewing something, it stops me from going back in for seconds or for dessert. Its especially helpful at BBQs, parties, etc. Its like when ppl sabotage their plate to stop eating :)

• 2 months later...

I ordered the Syntrax 23g Protein Nectars and I am amazed at how good they are. They are aspartame free. If you go to their website www.syntrax.com you can order a sample pack of 13 for $13.99. They were offering free shipment as well. I received mine yesterday and have tried the Caribbean Cooler. Highly recommend

Today I tried Quinoa for the first time. "It is a recently rediscovered ancient "grain" native to Central America,quinoa was once called "the gold of the Incas," who recognized itsvalue in increasing the stamina of their warriors. Not only is quinoahigh in protein, but the protein it supplies is complete protein,meaning that it includes all nine essential amino acids. Not only isquinoa's amino acid profile well balanced, making it a good choice forvegans concerned about adequate protein intake, but quinoa isespecially well-endowed with the amino acid lysine, which isessential for tissue growth and repair. In addition to protein, quinoafeatures a host of other health-building nutrients. Because quinoa is avery good source of manganese as well as a good source of magnesium,iron, copper and phosphorous, this "grain" may be especially valuablefor persons with migraine headaches, diabetes and atherosclerosis". It was chewy and so far having no issues with it. I had made some pork adobe and needed a rice substitute.

• 1 month later...

This list is a work in progress but I thought I would share some items that I could not live without as they have become priceless replacements in my life:

5. Digital Food Scale

6. Low Calorie Sliced Bread (Sara Lee, Orowheat, different brands in different parts of the country but 2 slices usually equall about 90 calories with about 4 grams of fiber)

7. Low Calorie hot dog & hamburger buns (if you are lucky enough to find – no longer available in southern California) Wonder bread had some available.

10. George Forman Grill (my best friend) (You can literally cook an entire meal with it in minutes!)

12. Pirate Booty

15. WW Taco Soup Recipe care of Mom - This should have been #1 on thie list as it is a staple in my household since it goes on and with everything from omelettes, potatos, and taco salad. Major comfort food!

17. Oroweat Muti-grain Sandwich Thins (a slice of bread and a bun got married & had a baby and this is it!) - Only 100 calories for 2 slices.

18. Thomas' Bagel Thins (same concept as sandwich thins but a bagel - also works great for sandwiches toasted).

Liquids Anyone?

1. Active Lifestyle Gellatin Cups - loaded with 4 grams of fiber per serving! Flavors are better than Jell-O!

2. Mishima Miso Soup poweder mix - comes in individual packets that you just mix with hot water! Only 35 calories a pop.

3. Cool Whip Lite or Cool Whip Free (great with the Jell-O. Feels like you are cheating when you are not)

5. Bigelow Vanilla Chai Tea Bags - A box of 20 (Try with a dash of skim milk and you would think you paid $3.5 for a cup at Starbucks!

10. Benefiber individual Drink Powder (like Cystal Light except 3 grams of fiber per pouch - sold in the Metamucil Aisle. Flavors are awesome. Mix with bottled water.)

12. Naked Fruit Smoothies (variety pack of 10, 10 ounce bottles found at Costco for $5.99. I use these for breakfast!)

13. Glaceau Vitaminwater10 - Was sick w/ cold this weekend and had to add this since it literally brought me through the storm single handedly

Great list, thanks!!

I ordered the Syntrax 23g Protein Nectars and I am amazed at how good they are. They are aspartame free. If you go to their website www.syntrax.com you can order a sample pack of 13 for $13.99. They were offering free shipment as well. I received mine yesterday and have tried the Caribbean Cooler. Highly recommend

I bought myself a magic bullet on black friday and want to experiment with smoothies made with protein powders. I went to Syntrax's website to order this sampler and it was not there, so I called (1-866-333-7403) and spoke to someone in their bariatric sales department. I was able to order a sampler packet for $13.00, with free shipping. I ordered today and she said it should arrive Monday or Tuesday (less than a week).

Thought I'd share :)

I bought myself a magic bullet on black friday and want to experiment with smoothies made with protein powders. I went to Syntrax's website to order this sampler and it was not there, so I called (1-866-333-7403) and spoke to someone in their bariatric sales department. I was able to order a sampler packet for $13.00, with free shipping. I ordered today and she said it should arrive Monday or Tuesday (less than a week).

Thought I'd share :)

I'm sure you will enjoy the different flavors. My favorite is the Caribbean ? It is a fake pina colada. :P

aces! pina colada is my favorite flavor of just about anything. even gum (see post above, teehee)

ive read online the cappucino flavor is really good too.. will let you know how it comes out.

in the meanwhile im playing with the magic bullet combining plain greek yogurt, unsweetened soy milk, and frozen berries. pretty tasty but i am looking fwd to getting the protein powder in there to make it more substantial, esp first thing in the morning or after a workout.

aces! pina colada is my favorite flavor of just about anything. even gum (see post above, teehee)

ive read online the cappucino flavor is really good too.. will let you know how it comes out.

in the meanwhile im playing with the magic bullet combining plain greek yogurt, unsweetened soy milk, and frozen berries. pretty tasty but i am looking fwd to getting the protein powder in there to make it more substantial, esp first thing in the morning or after a workout.

I personally did not enjoy the vanilla bean, cappucino or chocolate truffle as much as the fruity type ones. If you send me your address on a personal message I will send you the 2 extras I have in those flavors.

• 3 months later...

One of the best vitamins I have found are expensive but they don't get stuck and they disolve very quickly. They are vita 4 life bariatric vitamins. A couple of times when I have tried to swallow them with not enough water and it felt like it might be stuck within 10-15 seconds I cough and you see a puff of smoke and the pill is moved or dissolved. Sounds weird but the casing disolves very quickly allowing the powder inside to get absorbed by you. I do well with them. Don't have finger cramping when I do.

• 9 months later...

I have recently discovered Metro water. It is all natural, no additives, no sugar. your first taste just normal water but then you get a "whiff" of whatever flavor you have chosen. The Choc mint is like having a 0 calorie liquid Thin mint (especially useful with girl scout cookie days approaching). The spearmint is awesome as well.

• 2 months later...

Okay, I have to add a couple things to this!

Firstly, the liquid Tylenol mentioned earlier is nearly IMPOSSIBLE to find now. I've gone to every store, looked online, it's no where to be found. Zilch.

HOWEVER. Tylenol is sneaky. They still have an acetaminophen-only liquid product on the shelves. It's just labeled as "Sore Throat" so it gets overlooked. My pharmacist showed me something that was right in front of my face the whole time. It comes in a mint flavor, so it's not as gross as the cherry.

Secondly. Lapband friendly PIZZA!

Most of us have issues with doughy breads. So, to fix that, and to have smaller portions, broil a Mama Lupe's low-carb tortilla (60 cals) in the oven... 2 minutes on each size. It gets nice and crispy. Load up your favorite toppings (turkey pepperoni, anyone?!) and switch the oven from broil to bake for 5 minutes to heat everything up.

DELISH.

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...

5. Digital Food Scale

12. Pirate Booty

Liquids Anyone?

13. Glaceau Vitaminwater10 - Was sick w/ cold this weekend and had to add this since it literally brought me through the storm single handed

Thank you for sharing this list. I would add this on my grocery list. Some items are already a staple on my pantry like the Naked Fruit Smoothies, Nestle Rich Hot Cocoa Powder and the Hebrew National 98% Fat Free Hot Dogs.

As for me my great find for the month is Liproxenol. It is a diet supplement which came recommended by a friend. I am a binge eater. It has been my problem for years. Thankfully this pill help me manage and control this problem.