Hunger during liquid diet?

I am wanting some tips and advice on what to eat (or drink rather) when I am on the liquid diet for a few weeks post op. Does anyone get hungry?? If so, what do you eat?? :unsure:

THe web page for The Center says they send you back to the hotel the morning after surgery with a basket of things to drink. Is that true and does that mean I won't have to bring or buy anything to eat after it's done. Drink, I mean.

For those asking - my sister had the band put in on a friday and by tuesday she was very hungry so she started on mashed potatoes and applesauce around Wednesday. I guess everyone is different.

Mona-Camille,

Follow the rules so that you don't create a major complications for yourself :blink: . You have to do your clear both and follow the instructions to the "T". Your sister, not sure how she is doing........however starting the regiem that she did so early, may come back to haunt her later. THE BAND MUST HEAL ON THE STOMACH..... :o and eating instead of siping is not good! You do not want to play with that process :unsure: . Deal with the hunger and get through it, because if you don't you just wasted $ dollars and put your health at major risk :( . I know we may want to believe that "everyone is different" but right thru here it's called "follow instructions" :(( , so that you can be sucessful. :-? I am curious to hear how your sister is doing and how much weight she has loss thus far. I hope I don't sound harsh......I just don't want you to fail and people say...." I knew that would not work"....it will work!!! =D> but you have do what your told!

Be blessed ><'

I wasn't suggesting that I would eat as she did, just relaying her situation. I am a rule follower so I expect to do just that. But, my sister is just fine. She had her first fill 2 weeks ago. She has lost a total of 30 pounds since Christmas. Vomited for the first time friday from not chewing broccholi enough. Her and I are very different, I am already on a liquid diet (twice a day) to lose my before weight and I am fine with it. Thanks for your concern though, but be assured, I am very good at following rules.

Are you able to answeer my main question though about the center sending you home with a basket of drinks as mentioned on their web site?

I never got a basket from OCC to take back to the hotel......I had my band in December. Unless this is a new thing they are doing now I have never heard of this. I brought my own stuff. I had some protein shake mix and some boullion packets and Crystal Light in my luggage just in case. I really wasn't hungry post op, so mainly to keep myself hydrated. I had some of the soup from room service and it was very good, but pricey. I also had some chicken soup at the airport and just ate the broth while waiting for my plane. I also packed my "shaker" cup for my shakes in the hotel so it wouldn't be clumpy! There was a fruit basket in my hotel room when I arrived that my daughter enjoyed since I couldn't eat any of it!

Mona-Camile,

Good for you! I'm sure you will follow the rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can not answer your first question, however with the instructions that Dr. Miranda gave for us to eat.....I never expected a basket, neither did they promise one. Once I got to the hotel, I just paid for what I wanted .....the way we were told to eat. Never had a hunger issue so can't help you there.......Sorry :rolleyes:

Best Wishes!

God is Good ><'

Mona-Camile,

Good for you! I'm sure you will follow the rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can not answer your first question, however with the instructions that Dr. Miranda gave for us to eat.....I never expected a basket, neither did they promise one. Once I got to the hotel, I just paid for what I wanted .....the way we were told to eat. Never had a hunger issue so can't help you there.......Sorry :rolleyes:

Best Wishes!

God is Good ><'

I think what everyone is referring to is in the 3 day surgery tour, on day three it state "A recovery period of an additional 24 hours at the hotel is recommended. There, our nursing staff will attend to your needs if necessary. We will provide you with written instructions from our Nutritionist and Surgeon along with a basket of approved liquids, oral medication for pain control and an acid blocker. You are encouraged to relax by the pool, walk around the grounds and enjoy your surroundings during your recovery. The hotel restaurant is also accustomed to providing our patients with approved clear liquids as well. You will be able to enjoy clear broths and juices from the restaurants with your companions.

It interesting that no one has received this, although good to know in advance. I will make sure I pack what I need instead of counting on this being there.

All I want is to rest (no kiddo's YEAH!!!!) and shop....

Counting down the days.

Amanda

Just a word of caution...... At the hotel , they offer you jello when you return back to your hotel. I ate the stuff without thinking, and later became sick! <_<

So, the hotel may offer that.....don't eat it! :-?

Grace

You will not receive a basket.

My experience so far at Lucerna has been...ordering coffee from room service which is great! I did order the broth but did not like it. I brought boullion packets with me and will use hot water from coffee maker for next meal.

There is a 7-11 type store and Starbucks across the street from Lucerna so I would not pack my bags with a bunch of drinks.

I brought in my suitcase...boullion packets and crystal light packets

I bought at the 7-11...water and apple juice

You will be on clear liquids ONLY post op at Lucerna.

Not until day 7 will you add yogurt drink, etc

Interesting.. I read that, too. Someone ought to tell them to update their website.

Paula

I think what everyone is referring to is in the 3 day surgery tour, on day three it state "A recovery period of an additional 24 hours at the hotel is recommended. There, our nursing staff will attend to your needs if necessary. We will provide you with written instructions from our Nutritionist and Surgeon along with a basket of approved liquids, oral medication for pain control and an acid blocker. You are encouraged to relax by the pool, walk around the grounds and enjoy your surroundings during your recovery. The hotel restaurant is also accustomed to providing our patients with approved clear liquids as well. You will be able to enjoy clear broths and juices from the restaurants with your companions.

It interesting that no one has received this, although good to know in advance. I will make sure I pack what I need instead of counting on this being there.

All I want is to rest (no kiddo's YEAH!!!!) and shop....

Counting down the days.

Amanda