Photo

Does anyone know of Fill Clinics in Washington State?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 NetManMark

NetManMark

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 06:57 PM

I'm just trying to plan ahead, actually does anyone know of Fill Clinics in Washington, Oregon, or Idaho? I'm trying to plan for OCC but I'm not sure I can afford it, If anyone has prices in these areas that would be extremely helpful! I am on crutches with arthridic knees so the savings of using the bus/trolley then walking across the border doesn't work for me. Any & all information you can give me is greatly appreciated.

Thank you my friends,
Mark :wacko: :blink: :blink:

Posted Image

#2 canuk98828

canuk98828

Supreme Member

• Members
  • 330 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 05:26 AM

I'm just trying to plan ahead, actually does anyone know of Fill Clinics in Washington, Oregon, or Idaho? I'm trying to plan for OCC but I'm not sure I can afford it, If anyone has prices in these areas that would be extremely helpful! I am on crutches with arthridic knees so the savings of using the bus/trolley then walking across the border doesn't work for me. Any & all information you can give me is greatly appreciated.

Thank you my friends,
Mark :wacko: :blink: :blink:

there was a good fill center in Marysville WA but the building had a fire and they are closed. Not sure if they will reopen They are directing people to http://www.pacsurgic...om/contact.htm. Have not heard anything positive or negative about the new center

R

Posted Image

Highest weight 243.6
Decision weight 232
Surgery weight 219 8/3/10
9/3/10 Onederland has arrived. Exactly one month after surgery!!!!!!!
2/18/10 Stuck in the 170's but not overly unhappy. Liking the adjustment time. Started size 18W and am now in Junior 7/8

#3 MargieK

MargieK

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 06:52 PM

I would highly recommend Dr. Fitzpatrick in Portland/Eugene Oregon. I haven't seen her in over a year, but she is the one I would see if I need another fill or unfill. Her website is: http://gastricbands.com

I went to the OCC for my first fill under flouro, because I was over-anxious about the whole thing. Now that I know fills are an art more than a science I would only get flouro if I think something is wrong. Not that I wouldn't go back to the OCC, it just takes a lot of travel time for me to fly down there.

You are really smart to think about this beforehand. I budgeted $1000 for fills in the first year and I think I came pretty close to that with all the travel included. I probably would have been at my sweet spot with my first time at Dr. F's, but I wanted her to be very conservative. She knows what she is doing even without the flouro - you just have to be completely honest with her.

Good luck with your surgery. I highly recommend the OCC. They took very good care of me - and I had several health issues to deal with - plus my anxiety over any type of surgery was huge. They were prepared for me and took extra precautions to help me feel better. I think you will be in good hands with them.
Banded 9/22/09 by Dr. Ortiz
First fill 10/27/09 - 4 cc in an 11 cc band (Dr. So at OCC)
Second fill 11/18/09 +.8 for a total of 4.8 (Dr. Fitzpatrick)
Third fill 12/17/09 +.5 for a total of 5.3 (Dr. Fitzpatrick) - sweet spot

4/24/10 - finished first 10k race

Posted Image

#4 dtones

dtones

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 12:37 PM

I have heard a lot of good reports on Dr Ross Fox in the Seattle area. He has done surgeries for years and is now doing fills for Fill Centers USA. I would personally feel good knowing an experienced surgeon was caring for me post surgery. I use and like Fill Centers and a lot of my banded blogging buddies around the US like them. They have a few not so good providers but the majority of them I have heard about get good reviews. Especially Dr Fox, he would be a good option for you. Hope you do well.

#5 soon2bskinnybitch

soon2bskinnybitch

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 09:55 AM

Just wondering if you tried any of these doctors or if you have another recommendation.. I just got banded at OCC and am looking for something a little closer to home for fills. Thanks
~Soon 2 B Skinny Bitch~

Banded 3/7/2012

Highest weight 260

Deciding weight 211

Pre-surgery 202 Post-surgery 209

Today 197 Woot.. Woot...

#6 canuk98802

canuk98802

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 06:09 AM

I flew down to Las Vegas and went to Dr. Riccardi. He was truly awesome, very reasonable and it was fun to be in Vegas. I thought that it was a mini vacation and flights and hotels are all reasonable to "Sin City". The major downside was the cab fare to the docs office from the strip $30.

#7 PrettyPortlander

PrettyPortlander

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:16 AM

Skinnybitch, I'm going to Dr. Fitzpatrick also. She's in Portland/Eugene. Not sure where you're at. But apparently she comes highly recommended from OCC. And she occasionally travels to other places as well. I think she's gonna be in Alaska this year.

Staci

Height: 5'8

Highest Weight: 265 lbs

Goal Weight: 145 lbs

Surgery Date: 3/27/2012

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
- Eleanor Roosevelt

Posted Image

#8 Lindsay

Lindsay

Supreme Member

• Members
  • 798 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 10:16 AM

This might help:
http://www.fillcentersusa.com/

Fille Center's USA doesn't exist anymore, but they still have a database of places.
Finding fill doctors can be very very trickly, so good idea researching it PRIOR.
Banded: Tues March 10, 2009 by Dr Martinez , Tijuana
Height: 5'9"
Starting Weight: 231lbs // Current Weight: 138

#9 canuk98802

canuk98802

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:47 PM

Lindsay - great list thanks for posting.

Also, if you call the OCC they will tell you about doctors they are aware of that will provide fills for TJ patients. When I called they gave me 3 different doctors in Las Vegas to research. I chose Dr. Riccardi, but Dr Dominick, who is on the list Lindsay provided was also on the roster the OCC gave me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users