follow up appointments

dgaynor

I'm very excited. My surgery date is quickly approaching.

April 2 is just 8 days away.

I just realized...duh...that I will need a bariatric dr. here at home for follow up. Did any of you have trouble finding a bariatric dr. in the US willing to take you on as a patient AFTER the surgery?

Also my insurance turned me down for the surgery. have any of you had experience with the follow ups.Did your insurance cover the cost of follow ups, such as check ups, and tests after the surgery?

debra

I'm very excited. My surgery date is quickly approaching.

April 2 is just 8 days away.

I just realized...duh...that I will need a bariatric dr. here at home for follow up. Did any of you have trouble finding a bariatric dr. in the US willing to take you on as a patient AFTER the surgery?

Also my insurance turned me down for the surgery. have any of you had experience with the follow ups.Did your insurance cover the cost of follow ups, such as check ups, and tests after the surgery?

debra

Aftercare is one of the problems with having WLS in Mexico. You need to contact your surgery coordinator and ask if they have any doctors on their list that practice in your home area and accept new patients.

• Like 2

The care coordinators at OCC are awesome with giving you a list of suggested doctors for followup in your area. They do not do recommendations but do maintain a list of doctors they know will help us OCC clients. I went to Dr Riccardi in Las Vegas and cannot say enough good things. (Plus it was fun to go see Vegas, I hadn't been in years). I chose that location as you can usually find good airfare to Vegas from almost anywhere. Plus he was the most reasonable price wise that I found. Good luck

• Like 1

I have yet to someone on here actually claim (and be accepted) for insurance in terms of weight loss surgery, specifically if you've had surgery in Mexico.

A lot of people talk about it, but it's never actually been successfully posted about.

Almost everyone in this forum has paid out of pocket for the surgery, and follow up.

The majority of doctors won't touch you with a ten foot pole. The liablity it unreal, and they don't want to get involved whatsoever.

Plus, most doctors are scared shitless when they hear were we've been -- TIJUANA for weight loss surgery.

They're all heard the horror stories ... and they're stealing there potential $$$$$.

I haven't found a doctor here in Toronto, Canada who knows anything about my lapband.

All of the doctors I've ever seen just look at me with a blank stare. Thank god I haven't had any issues with it, otherwise, I'd probably be in trouble.

I don't know what kind of surgery you're getting, but i would highly suggest finding a doctor who will see you, and is knowledable on your procedure prior to surgery.

As Doolittle mentioned, this is a huge obsticle.

• Like 1

Hi all,

I won't have to have any follow ups I don't think accept I'll need an endoscope 6 months after surger. My family doctor is very very supportive. I hope a particular surgeon will do it. I've seen him beforre and he's always been great.

I'll keep you posted.

Darn insurance companies. They sure don't mind taking our money.