January Fill Patients

Support and coordinate travel with other January Fill patients here.

here's a link to the great post by Marys about bus/trolley rides

Bus/Trolley Info

Don't forget if you can coordinate with other patients to arrive at the airport at the same time, you can share the cost of our fill transport. Its $130 and can carry up to 6 passengers. Just get yourselves coordinated and schedule with Rene at the clinic.

• 4 weeks later...

I guess I'll be first to jump in. My fill date is Monday Jan. 15, 2007 at 10am. Anyone else going to be there on the 15th or 16th? If so let's exchange notes. Kevin

Hey Kevin

How are things going? I just had a fill last week - are you ready for another fill? or are ou just scheduling every 6 weeks? I am doing well on my post op adventures here - I am still losing weight - slowly but that is okay----I started at the gym about one week ago and that started something lost about 7lbs in 5 days- but it has platued at this time and I am maintaing the weight loss - I hear that the fill can take a little while to kick in - I do have restriction - I guess maybe what I am waiting to see is if I will PB not that I want to- cause right now I eat the 2-3 ounces of protien and then about 1/2 cup of fruit or veggies and try to sta away tfrom teh carbs completly but I do like rice and it goes down and stays down---I hear so much of the bad I guess I just anticipate it happening.....SO I am doing good ---yeah - I don;t know if you took a look at the pictures I posted a few days ago but I added Christmas pictures yesterday- they turned out nice - hope to talk to ya soon

Cyndi

Hey Kevin

How are things going? I just had a fill last week - are you ready for another fill? or are ou just scheduling every 6 weeks? I am doing well on my post op adventures here - I am still losing weight - slowly but that is okay----I started at the gym about one week ago and that started something lost about 7lbs in 5 days- but it has platued at this time and I am maintaing the weight loss - I hear that the fill can take a little while to kick in - I do have restriction - I guess maybe what I am waiting to see is if I will PB not that I want to- cause right now I eat the 2-3 ounces of protien and then about 1/2 cup of fruit or veggies and try to sta away tfrom teh carbs completly but I do like rice and it goes down and stays down---I hear so much of the bad I guess I just anticipate it happening.....SO I am doing good ---yeah - I don;t know if you took a look at the pictures I posted a few days ago but I added Christmas pictures yesterday- they turned out nice - hope to talk to ya soon

Cyndi

Hi Cyndi!

You are doing awesome! Wow your set for success! Remember they gave me the VG band so restriction is not as strong as I would like yet. OCC gave me 4cc's and I did make one mistake and that was I had some coffee about 3 hours before the fill and the caffeine made it hard to feel true restriction. I also had been sipping on a bottle of water for an hour before the fill so when it came to drinking more it didn't help that I already had a good amount in my stomach. Sounds like you have the food portions and types down pat. Being vegetarian I have high protein shakes for some meals because I crave the protein. I'm with you on the PBing.... I am being very cautious. But it will happen sometime so guess we just have to go with it as a learning experience. Glad to hear you are doing so good. Debra and Amelia, the sisters from our band day, have been struggling a bit.... but they are getting in the groove. They just happen to be scheduled for a fill the same day I was at OCC. No... didn't see your photos yet. Will check them out. Have a wonderful holiday and will catch up later and thinner! Kevin

Hi Gang!

I will be arriving in TJ on Jan 13th at 10:45am. Rene said that there was already someone else arriving then (Barb I think), so that leaves room for 3 or 4 more...

I will be leaving that same evening at 9:45--yuck. Talk about a full day. I just can't leave my monsters for too long.

I can't wait!! :P

Hi, just curious are you having the center pick you up at the airport? I am trying to get my first fill Jan.5, 2007. I thought if you were maybe we could split the cost?

Thanks

Kristi

Hello all,

I'll be in TJ on Saturday, January 6th for my first fill. I will probably arrive that day and stay at the Lucerna that evening as my husband's family lives in the area and will be celebrating D

Hi Kristi,

Right now, I think we are probably driving to TJ. We live nearby and my husband has relatives in Mexico near TJ, so we will likely just drive over the border and spend the evening there. I'll let you know if I change my mind and come down there alone as then I would park someplace in San Diego.

Perhaps I'll see you at the clinic on the 5th.........although I've been having some problems lately and am back on liquids (one day of "real food" post-band did not go well and Dr. Martinez has asked me to go back to liquids for a week). I may head down anyway, even if I'm not ready for a fill, just to have the doctors look at my band and assure me that it did not slip and all is good.

I'll post before 1/5 and let you know my final plans.

Kathy

Hi Gang!

I will be arriving in TJ on Jan 13th at 10:45am. Rene said that there was already someone else arriving then (Barb I think), so that leaves room for 3 or 4 more...

I will be leaving that same evening at 9:45--yuck. Talk about a full day. I just can't leave my monsters for too long.

I can't wait!! :P

Hi Steph, yes I will be there on the 13th. I arrive at 10:38 so I guess I'll meet you at the airport. I'm flying out the same day also, I will be leaving at 6 p.m. but since I am flying to Florida, it will be an all night flight and I'll arrive home at 6:25 a.m. Sunday morning. So I'm right there with you on the full day. Where are you coming from?

Look forward to meeting you and have a great holiday!

Hi - I'm scheduled for a fill on Saturday 1/20 at 1:30....arriving at San Diego airport at 12:30. Anyone else arriving on Saturday for a fill? I'd love to make plans with someone to split the cost of transportation. ...wish I had seen your note, Kevin, before I purchased my airline ticket. I would have gotten a flight for the 15th. Oh well!

Debra

I'm arriving on 1.19.07 (Friday) for a fill and leaving Saturday 1.20.07. I really need to share transportation with someone.

Anyone going???

Hi Denisemcse,

I am really trying to cordinate my trip around $$$. SO, I would love to share expenses with you! Are you going alone? What are your flight times? I have not made reservation yet for anything but would love to go around 18th or 19th. Just let me know!

Kristi, NC

Hi Denisemcse,

I am really trying to cordinate my trip around $$$. SO, I would love to share expenses with you! Are you going alone? What are your flight times? I have not made reservation yet for anything but would love to go around 18th or 19th. Just let me know!

Kristi, NC

I would love to have a fill on the 19th. I want to fly in and out the same day. I have been 2 times already so I know the bus/trolley system which is extremely cheap, just don't want to walk into and out of MX alone(big chicken) Let me know if this interests you at all..Nita

I would love to have a fill on the 19th. I want to fly in and out the same day. I have been 2 times already so I know the bus/trolley system which is extremely cheap, just don't want to walk into and out of MX alone(big chicken) Let me know if this interests you at all..Nita

Hi nita57,

Would you want to go any sooner? The more I have thought about it I believe I want to go before school starts. It would be great to go with you on the bus/trolley, that would be really cheap sounds like a great way to go! Ha Ha I thought of going back the same day too!

Let me know!

Kristi

Nita, Denise, Kristi!

I might be interested in joining you for fills on the 19th. I need to save $$$ too! I'd love to take the trolley but if the van's rolling...it might be quicker B)

On another note....I might be able to get a hotel room in San Diego near the trolley that is "beautiful" for $100 a night at my gov't rate. I've stayed there 2 times already and it's gorgeous. The hotel picks you up at the airport when you come in (or show up at the airport) and they take you back from the hotel for only 5 bucks. It's nice and the room sleeps 4!

Just a thought.

Michele

Nita, Denise, Kristi!

I might be interested in joining you for fills on the 19th. I need to save $$$ too! I'd love to take the trolley but if the van's rolling...it might be quicker B)

On another note....I might be able to get a hotel room in San Diego near the trolley that is "beautiful" for $100 a night at my gov't rate. I've stayed there 2 times already and it's gorgeous. The hotel picks you up at the airport when you come in (or show up at the airport) and they take you back from the hotel for only 5 bucks. It's nice and the room sleeps 4!

Just a thought.

Michele

I could definately do this. Kristi, I can't really go sooner because I had a fill in Dec. Need to wait 6 weeks..wish I could go before that!! Michele the transport is still way more expensive, even with 3 or 4 paying...but if you have at least a 3 way split I will go for it!! Please let me know so we can coordinate fills..BTW how is it going for you? Are you still operating on your original fill? Nita

Hi Denisemcse,

Kristi, NC

Kristi:

I'm flying in on American - arriving on 1.19.07 at 11:10am to San Diego airport. Staying at the Lucerna which means trans from airport to clinic, hotel expense, and ride back Saturday 1.20.07 from Lucerna to airport. I am going alone and I'm available to share expenses if you can work something out for arrival within an hour or so (early/late) of my flight???? Let me know your thoughts... We might even get 3 women together if that works out.....at least for the transportation - might be a little much to have 3 in one room.

OK....not sure when Nita is flying in but...If I get in on Thursday, stay the night and go for a fill on Friday I can fly out Friday night still. Leaves at 8:43 pm.

If you fly in around 11:10 Friday....we could all meet at the airport and posse down to the clinic. Fills are fast, but I know we have to coordinate them. I would love to take the trolley but if there are surgery patients scheduled already...maybe we can ride down in there van. I'll check. So much to consider, huh? <_<

Do you...????

1) Have an appt already

2) Have a flight already paid

3) Have your night at the Lucerna paid

My hotel in San Diego is KICKIN'! With the nicest down pillows and comforters ever. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.......:-)

I have an appointment Friday 1.19 - not sure what time.

My flight is paid.

Lucerna is NOT paid.

I'm open to the trolley....I'd love to learn the process - or we can share the van...

But we need to make some plans pretty quickly - who is up for this going down on 1.19 and returning on 1.20?? How many people????

If you fly in around 11:10 Friday....we could all meet at the airport and posse down to the clinic. Fills are fast, but I know we have to coordinate them. I would love to take the trolley but if there are surgery patients scheduled already...maybe we can ride down in there van. I'll check. So much to consider, huh? <_<

Do you...????

1) Have an appt already

2) Have a flight already paid

3) Have your night at the Lucerna paid

My hotel in San Diego is KICKIN'! With the nicest down pillows and comforters ever. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.......:-)

I will make an appt for Friday. I will fly in as early as I can get there. Maybe best if we keep the appts around lunch time to give everyone time to get there. The bus/trolley is no sweat and we get to walk into MX..Let me know if this sounds okay. Nita

Nita - and others on 1.19.07.

I would love to coordinate with anyone who can get to San Diego airport on 1.19 around 10:30-12:00 pm.

If we use the van we need to coordinate through Rene' at the clinic.

I would prefer to stay at Lucerna but I'm open to options.

Please e-mail me with your name/phone/contact info so we can discuss details by phone?

DeniseMCSE1@charter.net

Great!!!!!

I will make an appt for Friday. I will fly in as early as I can get there. Maybe best if we keep the appts around lunch time to give everyone time to get there. The bus/trolley is no sweat and we get to walk into MX..Let me know if this sounds okay. Nita

I will be going for a fill either the 17th or the 22nd. Anyone interested? My aunt and I will come together, flight comes at about 9:30am, then leaving the same day. We are planning on trying the trolley/bus/cab thing. Let me know if someone might want to go with us.

Michelle, we will be flying out of Seatac...would be fun to go together.

Becki

Hey Becki and Nita:

Kinda have email for both of you so here goes....

Becki:

Are you flying Alaska? And if so...when will you decide on the day? I'd like to fly down with you and maybe share a room if you are interested. Most likely I will stay over just one night.

Nita:

The 19th actually works great for me. My best flights out of seattle are to leave Thursday night and go to fill Friday. It's less expensive not to fly the same day for me. With this schedule, I have to stay over one night which will cost at least $100 that I'd like to share. If I fly in Thursday night, I'll just take the shuttle for $5 to the airport and meet you when your plane comes in so we can hop on the trolley. My friday flight will be at 8pm, so I have plenty of time!

Let me know your thoughts ladies!

Michele

P.S...The holidays were tough on me. Let's say I know my ticker hasn't budged. :wacko:

Michelle,

My aunt and I are flying down leaving at 6:45 am, on the 16th, then leaving Tijuana at 4:40 on the same day. We are flying Alaska, but this was the cheapest flights, and neither of us wanted to leave our families for long.

Becki