March Fill Patients

Support and coordinate travel with other March Fill patients here.

here's a link to the great post by Marys about bus/trolley rides

Bus/Trolley Info

Don't forget if you can coordinate with other patients to arrive at the airport at the same time, you can share the cost of our fill transport. Its $130 and can carry up to 6 passengers. Just get yourselves coordinated and schedule with Rene at the clinic.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

iv/*********

Support and coordinate travel with other March Fill patients here.

here's a link to the great post by Marys about bus/trolley rides

Bus/Trolley Info

Don't forget if you can coordinate with other patients to arrive at the airport at the same time, you can share the cost of our fill transport. Its $130 and can carry up to 6 passengers. Just get yourselves coordinated and schedule with Rene at the clinic.

I'm scheduled for March 6th for a fill. I arrive in San Diego at 9:02 am and leave from San Diego at 2:20 pm, so it will be a quick trip for me. If there is anyone arriving around that time that wants to share a ride then please answer this .

thanks much, Julie

I'm scheduled for my first fill on 3/8 at 11:30 a.m. I arrive in San Diego at 9:34 a.m. and depart at 3:21 p.m. I was planning on doing the bus/trolly thing, if for no other reason than the adventure, so if anybody wants to join me, just let me know.

I can't wait to get my fill. I have no restriction whatsoever and can drink a lot of creamy soup and still be hungry. Hopefully, I'll feel at least a little different after my fill.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm scheduled for my first fill on 3/8 at 11:30 a.m. I arrive in San Diego at 9:34 a.m. and depart at 3:21 p.m. I was planning on doing the bus/trolly thing, if for no other reason than the adventure, so if anybody wants to join me, just let me know.

I can't wait to get my fill. I have no restriction whatsoever and can drink a lot of creamy soup and still be hungry. Hopefully, I'll feel at least a little different after my fill.

LMK how this "in a day" works for you. That's what I'd like to do too.

:-h hello everyone! I am scheduled for a fill on March 5th. I fear the trolly and bus transportation is not fast enough to get me to the doc in time so I will be taking the OCC transportation, I believe I arrive at SD airport at 9:14 and my fill is at 10:30- anybody else gonna be there then? I am eager to get this fill because I have slowed down a lot in my weight loss- and I notice I am eating more. This will be my first fill- so I am nervouse at the same time. My flight out is at 8:30 - does anyone know if the transportation is 130 bucks one way- or is it round trip so to speak? lol!

:-h hello everyone! I am scheduled for a fill on March 5th. I fear the trolly and bus transportation is not fast enough to get me to the doc in time so I will be taking the OCC transportation, I believe I arrive at SD airport at 9:14 and my fill is at 10:30- anybody else gonna be there then? I am eager to get this fill because I have slowed down a lot in my weight loss- and I notice I am eating more. This will be my first fill- so I am nervouse at the same time. My flight out is at 8:30 - does anyone know if the transportation is 130 bucks one way- or is it round trip so to speak? lol!

The transportation is 130 and that covers both ways. It is a good idea to use OCC for transportation if time is important. You need to allow around 1 1/2 to 2 hours for the bus/trolley going INTO TJ and I would allow 3 or 4 coming back. It is not that it ALWAYS takes that long to come back, but if there is a looooooong line to get back into the States it could take quite a while!

After waiting in line for almost 2 hours just to get past the border last time, I will be paying the 130 for transportation!

Good luck with your fill! =D>

The transportation is 130 and that covers both ways. It is a good idea to use OCC for transportation if time is important. You need to allow around 1 1/2 to 2 hours for the bus/trolley going INTO TJ and I would allow 3 or 4 coming back. It is not that it ALWAYS takes that long to come back, but if there is a looooooong line to get back into the States it could take quite a while!

After waiting in line for almost 2 hours just to get past the border last time, I will be paying the 130 for transportation!

Good luck with your fill! =D>

Dumb question - does the OCC van not have to wait in the same line?

Guest mindysa

Hi,

I'm planning on getting my fill sometime midweek during the last week of March, sometime around the 28th, 29th or 30th.

I'd like to schedule the OCC van for transportation, and get this scheduled and get my flight, etc.

Does anybody else want to schedule their fill during this time so we can split the cost on the transportation? I'm not deadset on any of those dates. I'd just prefer it to be the last week of March during the weekday, not on Saturday.

I'd love to hear from you!

Take care,

Mindy

email: mindyatlas@gmail.com

iv/*********

I'm scheduled for March 6th for a fill. I arrive in San Diego at 9:02 am and leave from San Diego at 2:20 pm, so it will be a quick trip for me. If there is anyone arriving around that time that wants to share a ride then please answer this .

thanks much, Julie

Hi Julie,

I would love to share the van cost....I sent you a private message with my ph # and e-mail...

Thanks

Does anyone else want to be in TJ the week of the 19th of this month?? I desperately need a fill and that looks to be the only time that I can get off this month. I was hoping on coming in on the 19th and leaving the 20th...

Anyone want to share the van cost???

Let me know!

I'll be going back AGAIN (I should just move to Tijuana) for a fill on the 27h - I arrive in San Diego at 12:20 (later than usual) and will be heading down by trolley - happy to help someone do this. I return the same night at 6:20. NinnyEd - so sorry to hear about your troubles walking back - the longest I had to wait was approx 1 hour and it is usually about 30 minutes! I always try to go during a weekday although the longest wait was on a Friday - i think around the weekends are busier but good to know it can be longer for planning. I take the bus/trolley cuz i've done it so many times I actually kind of like it and it saves me a bit on the money side of things. The last time I went I arrived Thursday night and by the time I got to the border it was almost 7:00pm and that was a little scary as it was dark and I didn't know what the taxi situation would be like. I always bring the directions to the clinic or hotel with me (in spanish) and verify 'cinco dolars" (5 bucks) before heading out etc. mary

• 2 weeks later...
LMK how this "in a day" works for you. That's what I'd like to do too.

The bus/trolley ride/taxi worked just fine. Just make sure to leave yourself a minimum of 90 minutes. I missed the bus by about 30 seconds, so had to wait for the next one, then just missed the trolley, so I had to wait another 15 minutes for that one. It ended up being 90 minutes from the time I got off the plane to the time I arrived at OCC. The trip back took a little longer, as I had to wait about 20-25 minutes to walk through customs. (That was on a Thursday afternoon -- I'm sure the wait is much longer on weekends.)

One important thing: Make sure you have cash or your checkbook for the $100 fee at OCC for the fluoroscopy. I (erroneously) assumed that they'd take a debit or credit card, since that how I'd paid for my surgery. Ooops! They only accept cash or a check and I didn't have any checks with me. I had to run down the street to the bank ATM. The really bad part, though, was that the woman at the front desk miscalculated how many pesos I'd need to take out (she added an extra zero), so I ended up removing something like $700 instead of $100 from my checking account. When I went to exchange the pesos back to dollars at the border, I got a crummy exchange rate and lost a bit of money in the process.

• 2 weeks later...

I was banded March 6, 07. Dr. Ortiz and the entire staff was wonderful! Hell-o mama Ortiz! The facility and hotel are beautiful and everyone was so kind! It has been 2 weeks and 2 days and I've lost about 6 pounds. This past week I haven't lost an once. Although not discouraged, I am starting to get hungry and soup and Adkins are just not doing it anymore. I'm am already ready for my first fill for fear of gaining any weight back at all!!! I can not say enough good things about my whole experience! I look forward to a much thinner and healthier body!

Any Missouri people out there? :P

banded: 3/6/07

top weight: 261

today 3/22: 255.4