When did you get your 1st fill?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Time for 1st fill.

• 4 weeks
    • 5 weeks
    • 6 weeks
    • 7 weeks
    • 8 weeks

I have been reading on a different forum that newly banded patients are getting there first fills with in 4 weeks. I have my 1st fill scheduled for 6 weeks. I'd like to bump my apt up, but wonder if it will be to soon. Dr. Ortiz says 6-8 weeks.

Anyone have an opinion on the two week time difference? When did you get your first fill?

Hi Angie, My advice would be to follow Dr. Ortiz. He has much more experience than most of us. I have my first fill coming up next week. I am looking forward to it but have found that it's not my band that is the problem but me. I have learned how to cheat the band so I have to reinforce the rules as taught at OBC. So far, since 02-23-09 the start of my decision I have lost more than 40 LBs.

I came to check the results of the poll again. I appreciate the 6 people who have voted. I plan to vote as soon as I get my 1st fill. I found it interesting that the most votes are at the 8 week marker. I have my fill scheduled for 6 weeks.

I am hopefull that everything will be healed nicely by then. The other board I read on has most of there patients filling at the 4 week mark. Depending on the size of the band, some have fills in at the time of surgery! Amazing.

I will wait, and keep my apt. I think it is a good time for me anyway.