Anyone had surg. in Mexico by Dr Ortiz?

Hi there ! I'm new here, I just had my lap band done with Dr. Ortiz, last monday, June 22. I am so impressed with Dr. Ortiz and the whole staff, they are so organized and take such great care of you . It doesn't stop with just the office, and surgery staff either ! The Driver that picks you up, as well as the Marriot hotel staff, everyone is great !

Has anyone had there surgery in TJ by Dr Ortiz. I am a self pay person and tring to find the best doctor. Elissa ^_^^_^

Hi Elissa,

I also was a self-pay and was looking for the best doctor to do the job. On the referral of my Bariatric surgeon up here, I made the decision to have Dr. Ortiz do the surgery, and I was so pleased with whole experience.

When I was down there for my surgery, the OCC, itself, was spotless, and I was so impressed with the decor and the staff who took such good care of me throughout my stay. Dr. Ortiz, himself, is very down-to-earth, and took the time with me, right before my surgery, to answer any questions I had regarding the procedure.

As no one was available to go with me, I was alone on my journey down there (from Canada). From the time I stepped off the plane in San Diego and met the shuttle driver (who would take me back and forth to the OCC), I felt very much cared for and was treated with the upmost of respect. I was pleasantly surprised at the feeling of warmth I encountered when I first entered the OCC rooms, especially the operating room.

Dr. Ortiz and his staff are caring, professional and definitely up to International medical standards. I would definitely recommend Dr. Ortiz, his staff and facility to anyone who is considering having a lap band procedure.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact me or post any of your questions on the OCC site.

Hope this helps.

(1jmk)

Hi Elissa ~ I, too, was a self-pay for my surgery. Also, my son, his wife, her sister, and my grandson. After a lot of research, we come to find out that Dr. O trained the US drs...so why would I go anywhere else but to the source? He is amazing! He made the surgery seem like a breeze and truly, it was. If I had to do it all over again, I would go back to him in a sec.

My hubby went with me to 'tour' the clinic and was totally surprised at the cleaniness of it. To be honest, I've never seen a US hospital looked half as cleaned, well informed, knowledgable, pleasant staff, and the aura of being safe than at OCC. I chose well for my experience. I was literally waited on hands and foot and I didn't have to worry a bit. I recommend Dr O and his staff to everyone who is considering the lapband surgery, as he can make your experience a memorable one! But you won't satisfy yourself until you've done all your research yourself...and you will see why we chose Dr. O.

Good luck with your research...Jazzy!!

yes, Dr. talented and gorgeous did me too!