How to Drive Yourself to the OCC from LAX or SAN

Hi Dolittle

I am thinking of flying down to San Diego or Los Angeles and driving a rental car across the border, directly to the OCC parking lot (underground) and taking the elevator up to the office. Can you provide the exact instructions for this route?

Also, regardless of where I get my first fill, is it recommended to stay nearby for a day to ensure the fill is working correctly rather than going home after its done?

Thanks

Karin G

thanks for the tip, I forgot about that. I have never driven across the border but I have rented a car in mexico (I own timeshares) and it can be very expensive to get the insurance.

karin

Hi Dolittle

I am thinking of flying down to San Diego or Los Angeles and driving a rental car across the border, directly to the OCC parking lot (underground) and taking the elevator up to the office. Can you provide the exact instructions for this route?

Also, regardless of where I get my first fill, is it recommended to stay nearby for a day to ensure the fill is working correctly rather than going home after its done?

Thanks

Karin G

I wouldn't advise driving into MX. I'd park at one of those border lots and walk across the first foot bridge to the Taxi stand. Have the OCC address printed on a piece of paper to show to the cab driver. It's $5 for a taxi to the clinic, and $5 back to the border taxi stand. I personally like taking the bus from the airport to the trolly station and then riding the trolly to the border, then walking across. If you drive into MX, make sure you have MX auto insurance,, They'll throw you in jail in a heart beat if you get into any kind of accident and you don't have MX auto insurance. They drive like nuts down there,, so your odds of having an accident are high. Plus, most car rental companies won't let you drive their car into MX. If you have any questions,, feel free to email me.