Lap band questions

Kasi

Hi, I'm 18 years old and weigh 350 ibs, I was just wondering what the likelyhood of my having excess skin was? Do you think that being young I will have a better chance of it not being so extreme?

I think you have a great chance of not having the extra skin. I lost 100 lbs about 6 yr ago I didn't have extra skin. I did notice if I would puch downward on the thighs my skin would ripple, but only I could tell.

Hi, I'm 18 years old and weigh 350 ibs, I was just wondering what the likelyhood of my having excess skin was? Do you think that being young I will have a better chance of it not being so extreme?

Because of your age, you may have a good chance of not having the excess skin worries that older people have.

• 2 weeks later...

In this age no need to worry about your excess skin. Just do morning walk, Eat healthy food and drink more water. For more information about obesity please concern with your medical practitioner.

Thanks

Hi Kasi,

its true, because of your age you may have less concern about excess skin. The better you eat while losing weight and by keeping hydrated you can reduce that risk.

A good rule of thumb... if you have a lot of stretch marks, you are more likely to need surgery for excess skin, if you don't have many stretch marks, your skin is more likely to recover as you lose weight.

If you have any other questions please feel free to contact me!

• 2 months later...

Kasi, I am 19 and weigh 282 and will be having my surgery in January! I'll keep you posted!

• 4 weeks later...

Go for Lap Band Surgery - A laparoscopic adjustable gastric band also known as a Lap-Band, is an inflatable silicone device that is placed around the top portion of the stomach, via laparoscopic surgery, in order to treat obesity. It's a way by which you can get rid off your obesity. You can get reference from http://www.freelapbandsurgery.com/

Cheers!

• 2 months later...

Hi Kasi,

its true, because of your age you may have less concern about excess skin. The better you eat while losing weight and by keeping hydrated you can reduce that risk.

A good rule of thumb... if you have a lot of stretch marks, you are more likely to need surgery for excess skin, if you don't have many stretch marks, your skin is more likely to recover as you lose weight.

If you have any other questions please feel free to contact me!

Wow, I never thought of it that way. That's such a bummer. I am 28 and have stretch marks on my thighs and right before surgery I noticed some stretch marks on my stomach too. I guess I'll have the loose skin, huh? Oh well. I'm not above weight loss surgery to help me lose weight so I'm certainly not above plastic surgery to get rid of excess skin!