An Update on ME...

I know it has been forever since I have posted... Like so many others I was so gung-ho prior to banding and during the major part of my weight loss that I was reading and posting all of the time... I started my journey at 247lbs at a size 22 and now I am 145lbs and a size 6.

After losing 90lb in 11months I hit a plateau and a lot of personal turmoil (divorce) and have spent most of 2009 trying to lose those last 10 lbs, we actually more since I gained about 8lbs after having some of my fill taken out (for a total of 2.0ccs).

I got back on the wagon around Aug of this year, had more fill added (for a total of 2.4ccs) and finally managed to get to my goal weight in mid-October. For some reason over the past 2weeks I have been extra tight Pbing at least once a day. Bad Michelle I know but just ignored it thinking it was stress or that time of the month (2 things that cause me to tighten up) well for the past 24hrs I haven't been able to even keep water down, I have a fill appointment first thing in the morning not sure if my fill doctor will take out all of my fill (I hope not as without a good fill I KNOW that I will start gaining again) or maybe just enough so I am not PBing and can get rehydrated!

All and all I couldn't be happier with my band, I have met a great new guy who told me today that he would rather me be 215lbs than to see me throwing up water which makes me feel good but I know I don't want to go back to that place ever again. The worse part for me is the loose skin, I haven't been going to the gym like I was before and I can say that I can really tell that the skin looks better when I am working out than when I am not!

So I guess that's all for now, I will update you guys on how things go tomorrow with the unfill...

I agree, thanks for stopping by and letting us know what is going on with you....I always wonder how people are doing after they hit or are almost to goal. Congrats on have a special person in your life, having that kind of support makes all the difference. You are such and inspiration to everyone on this board!!!

Good Luck to you

Carrie

Hey Michelle...so glad you are back!!!!!!!! There are a few of you that have been gone for a while that I wondered where you all were and how you were doing!!! Sounds like things are going great for you!!!!! I've been slacking on my working out and really need to get my rear in gear. As I get close to my goal I think that is what it's gonna take now is to get some of that loose skin tightened up as much as I can.

Hey Michelle!!

We were banded on the same day. I hadn't seen you on here in ages. I am so sorry to hear about the tough stuff that was going on with you. Thanks for posting and checkin' back in. I hope everything went OK today. You are amazing! :) How is your mom doing?

Hi Michelle! Thanks for sharing. Are you sure your band has slipped or are you just wondering if it has? I have been so tight I couldn't swallow water but my band was checked and looked fine. I did a complete unfill for three weeks and have been fine since the refill of 2 cc's until a couple days ago and now I have tighetened up again for some reason. Anyway, just wondering if it's a slip for sure and what the signs were.

Sabrina:)

Hey Michelle,

Welcome back, it’s great to hear from you - sorry about the tight band – that does happen to me from time to time – never yet gotten to your point (were I’m pbing water) – normally its due to traveling or stress and has always settled down. I still never went in for a complete unfill like I’ve always talked about – too scared. But should do it just to test out all the education I've done on eating in the last few years.

Life seems to take us on round about roads sometimes. I’m really pushing the exercise – I’m not sure if it helps with the lose skin, unless I’m really building my muscle and getting bigger, but it’s interesting. My marriage is going through a turbulent time right now – we change so much, not only on the outside but on the inside that its hard to our love ones to take. (I think he'd rather have me fat and settled, I'm a bit of a wild card right now and I like to keep busy, not into hanging around the house, cooking and eating anymore)

I’m so glad you found someone that loves you for who you are as well as who you use to be – that’s so important since we always will be that big girl on the inside, I’ve never lost her yet, she’s always with me.

Take care and make sure to keep checking in!

Lisa

:-h Hi Michelle... I just asked Evette how you were doing!! You have inspired me (once again) to come back and post. You are such an inspiration. With all that you have been through, you look fantastic!!! Congratulations!!! HI.. to all my old friends, and new bandsters!! I'm from the Vancouver, BC area. I must confess as well.... was on here regularly from before banding, and then about 6 mos after, and haven't posted on here for ages. Since the end of September, I have been able to eat alot and with myself being affected by the change in seasons, this is a very difficult time for me. I have to also admit that during the summer, I tend to drink more alchol, and just more often, so I know that has definitely had an affect on my weight loss. I am now down only 36 lbs. I'm having problems with my port.. here's my deal:

Since Surgery.. May 2008 I got all my fills at NorthWest Fills in WA. They did not have Floro. The last fill I had from them, I think was maybe in the first few months of 2009. At that point, they had so much trouble getting the needle in my port for a fill, they told me they would try once more, and if it didn't work.. they couldn't do anything. Thank god they got it in. From what I understood, I was getting my band filled to approx. 3.6 cc.. give or take. They told me that was all they could put in. I was done. When I asked what I was supposed to do, they said.. well... there's not much you can do. I was very upset and disappointed. In August/September, I called OCC, and spoke to someone there, and they told me to go to Dr. Manchanda in Surrey. He would be able to help me. I went to him, and what a wonderful man. My port was definitely tilted, but he got the needle in the 2nd try. He told me that he will withdraw the fluid that I have in there, before he put anymore in. (NorthWest Fills never measured what was in there, before adding any). What I had in my band was 2.5 cc. Aha... no wonder I could eat more, and was struggling just to maintain my weight loss. Why was it so low.. I have no idea. Was it ever at 3.6??? I will never know. Anyways.. he added .35, and off I went. The restriction was great, but didn't last for too long. 2 weeks ago I went back for another fill, and he couldn't get the needle in the port, as my port was so tilted. He tried many, many, times. He told me to come back a week later.. (give my stomach a rest from the poking) and we would try again. In the meantime, I called OCC again, and spoke to Dr. Ortiz. He said I needed to go there, get the fill under Floro, so they could see what was going on. I decided to give Dr. Manchanda one more try, and if he couldn't fill it, he was going to give me my $100 back (that's what he charges for a fill). Well, voila, he got the needle in 2nd try! Says my port is actually facing the outside of my body. Totally tilted. BUT.. FOR THE SHOCKING NEWS... I had only .30 in my band. Okay... no wonder I've been able to eat so much, and not feeling any restriction. Dr. Manchanda was shocked, and felt really bad for me. I went back to the office and called and spoke to Dr. So. He said there is a good chance that my port is damaged.. possibly from the needles, and not getting it done under Floro (which Dr. Manchanda said is radiation and is not good to do too much). I am now just waiting for Allegiant Air to lower their prices so I can afford to go to Tijuana. Right now I'm looking at Dec 3rd. I am worried about the cost to replace the port. Dr. So told me that Rene would tell me the price, but then I told him that when I spoke to Dr. Ortiz, I asked him if I would have to pay anything, he said no.. you paid for the surgery, why would we charge you to repair or replace the port? I have not spoken to Rene.. am going to call him when I know my flight schedule..

Sorry for such a long post all... just wanted to update all, and possibly hope to get some feedback from a few of you long time bandsters.. Lisa L... Dave... Stormy... Paula ... Hope you're all doing well...

I'm so glad to hear you kept looking in to this instead of just saying "the band doesn't work" and moving on. There is usually a reason it's not working and you have found yours. Now you can get things fixed up and get back on the "band wagon"! I use Dr. Manchanda as well and think he is wonderful. I'm glad you found him. Good luck finding a cheap flight- Alegiant has some great seat sales sometimes.

I'm so glad to hear you kept looking in to this instead of just saying "the band doesn't work" and moving on. There is usually a reason it's not working and you have found yours. Now you can get things fixed up and get back on the "band wagon"! I use Dr. Manchanda as well and think he is wonderful. I'm glad you found him. Good luck finding a cheap flight- Alegiant has some great seat sales sometimes.

Hi Sabrina. Does Dr Manchanda use Fluro?

Also can you give me his address and phone number. I live on Vancover Island so that is pretty close to come when I get a fill

Debbie

Hi Sabrina. Does Dr Manchanda use Fluro?

Also can you give me his address and phone number. I live on Vancover Island so that is pretty close to come when I get a fill

Debbie

his address is 15160 Fraser Hwy, Surrey, B.C. V3R 3P1

Tel: (604) 580-5541 Fax 604-580-5542

He does not use fluoro but he has got the needle in with no problems every time!

glad to hear you are still around sweet girl. I have wondered for a very long time what had happened to you.

great accomplishment getting to goal and I have also suffered the dreaded plateau BUT I just beat it...took a few months.

keep up the good work!

:-h Hi Michelle... I just asked Evette how you were doing!! You have inspired me (once again) to come back and post. You are such an inspiration. With all that you have been through, you look fantastic!!! Congratulations!!! HI.. to all my old friends, and new bandsters!! I'm from the Vancouver, BC area. I must confess as well.... was on here regularly from before banding, and then about 6 mos after, and haven't posted on here for ages. Since the end of September, I have been able to eat alot and with myself being affected by the change in seasons, this is a very difficult time for me. I have to also admit that during the summer, I tend to drink more alchol, and just more often, so I know that has definitely had an affect on my weight loss. I am now down only 36 lbs. I'm having problems with my port.. here's my deal:

Since Surgery.. May 2008 I got all my fills at NorthWest Fills in WA. They did not have Floro. The last fill I had from them, I think was maybe in the first few months of 2009. At that point, they had so much trouble getting the needle in my port for a fill, they told me they would try once more, and if it didn't work.. they couldn't do anything. Thank god they got it in. From what I understood, I was getting my band filled to approx. 3.6 cc.. give or take. They told me that was all they could put in. I was done. When I asked what I was supposed to do, they said.. well... there's not much you can do. I was very upset and disappointed. In August/September, I called OCC, and spoke to someone there, and they told me to go to Dr. Manchanda in Surrey. He would be able to help me. I went to him, and what a wonderful man. My port was definitely tilted, but he got the needle in the 2nd try. He told me that he will withdraw the fluid that I have in there, before he put anymore in. (NorthWest Fills never measured what was in there, before adding any). What I had in my band was 2.5 cc. Aha... no wonder I could eat more, and was struggling just to maintain my weight loss. Why was it so low.. I have no idea. Was it ever at 3.6??? I will never know. Anyways.. he added .35, and off I went. The restriction was great, but didn't last for too long. 2 weeks ago I went back for another fill, and he couldn't get the needle in the port, as my port was so tilted. He tried many, many, times. He told me to come back a week later.. (give my stomach a rest from the poking) and we would try again. In the meantime, I called OCC again, and spoke to Dr. Ortiz. He said I needed to go there, get the fill under Floro, so they could see what was going on. I decided to give Dr. Manchanda one more try, and if he couldn't fill it, he was going to give me my $100 back (that's what he charges for a fill). Well, voila, he got the needle in 2nd try! Says my port is actually facing the outside of my body. Totally tilted. BUT.. FOR THE SHOCKING NEWS... I had only .30 in my band. Okay... no wonder I've been able to eat so much, and not feeling any restriction. Dr. Manchanda was shocked, and felt really bad for me. I went back to the office and called and spoke to Dr. So. He said there is a good chance that my port is damaged.. possibly from the needles, and not getting it done under Floro (which Dr. Manchanda said is radiation and is not good to do too much). I am now just waiting for Allegiant Air to lower their prices so I can afford to go to Tijuana. Right now I'm looking at Dec 3rd. I am worried about the cost to replace the port. Dr. So told me that Rene would tell me the price, but then I told him that when I spoke to Dr. Ortiz, I asked him if I would have to pay anything, he said no.. you paid for the surgery, why would we charge you to repair or replace the port? I have not spoken to Rene.. am going to call him when I know my flight schedule..

Sorry for such a long post all... just wanted to update all, and possibly hope to get some feedback from a few of you long time bandsters.. Lisa L... Dave... Stormy... Paula ... Hope you're all doing well...

GIRL! So glad to hear you are around still as well!

I am NOT a NW Fill fan...and I know there are alot of people on here who are. I had my own problems with a fill with them back in March and boy was I pissed when I went to the place down in Olympia to have a decent fluoro done to find out WHY I had no restriction two weeks after going to NW Fill...then I find out they had taken OUT so much fill to put me down to 2.5cc when I had been AT 3.9 and was doing fine, but only wanted .2 taken out to be able to eat a bit better. A bit weasly if you ask me when they do whatever they want. Getting tweaks and fills are NOT cheap. I do not expect to be lied to for that kind of money.

My port is a bit tilted towards the right side, but not having any problems. I have had quite a bit of spasming and achiness around the port and have been thinking of getting a checkup to see if I need to have it surgically altered. Keep us posted on what goes on!

GIRL! So glad to hear you are around still as well!

I am NOT a NW Fill fan...and I know there are alot of people on here who are. I had my own problems with a fill with them back in March and boy was I pissed when I went to the place down in Olympia to have a decent fluoro done to find out WHY I had no restriction two weeks after going to NW Fill...then I find out they had taken OUT so much fill to put me down to 2.5cc when I had been AT 3.9 and was doing fine, but only wanted .2 taken out to be able to eat a bit better. A bit weasly if you ask me when they do whatever they want. Getting tweaks and fills are NOT cheap. I do not expect to be lied to for that kind of money.

My port is a bit tilted towards the right side, but not having any problems. I have had quite a bit of spasming and achiness around the port and have been thinking of getting a checkup to see if I need to have it surgically altered. Keep us posted on what goes on!

Hi Lisa Law...

I'm from Victoria on Vancouver Island and was thinking about getting my first fill at NW fill, mainly because there is no where on the Island that uses the fluoro. Can you tell me a bit more about the location you use in Olympia?

Thanks !!

Cheryl

Hi Lisa Law...

I'm from Victoria on Vancouver Island and was thinking about getting my first fill at NW fill, mainly because there is no where on the Island that uses the fluoro. Can you tell me a bit more about the location you use in Olympia?

Thanks !!

Cheryl

Hey Cheryl...

Here is the link

<http://www.pacsurgical.com/lapbandhome.htm?gclid=CLSYjrCToJ4CFShSagod4wrklw>

I will PM you some details as well, but basically, they have been my favorite by far. I think that Lisal used them exclusively also

Michelle,

It has been ages since hearing from you, I have also dropped off the radar and came back when you did.

Sorry that there is upset in your life, and hope that it is only to make a better life for you. I have been through 3 divorces and am married to a man that I consider my best friend and soul mate. Ther can be happy endings, and not just in the Disney cartoons.

I followed all the little black dress photos of you and was very inspired, but unlike you, I fell off the wagon and have not yet reached my goal. I have issues that I need to get through.

Please keep posting, we need you here along with all the other members that suport each other and keep us honest.

welcome back Michelle, Barb

(((((((((((((Michelle)))))))))))))))

You look amazing. I'm so proud of you. I'm sorry to hear you've had bouts of pb'ing...that certainly isn't fun. I'm also sorry to hear you are going though a divorce. I wish the best of everything life has to offer for you.

xo