Question(s)

thenation7

Hey everyone,

I am currently 19 years old, and weigh a wopping 265 pounds. According to my BMI and such, i am a little over 40, and as far is insurance is concerned and stuff, i am all set to go.

I just made my first appointment with Dr. Billy in Ventura County, Ca, and can't wait. My goal is to just get below 200, so about 65 pounds.

#1. Will I have a lot of excess skin from this?

#2. My mom has gotten the surgery done, and a LOT of her food gets stuck right before the band. Does a lot of people have this problem?

Personally, i cannot wait..I've always wanted to just look in the mirror and say to myself that i am not fat. I am hoping a year from now i will be able to achieve this.

Any testimonials and such are much appreciated.

Hey everyone,

I am currently 19 years old, and weigh a wopping 265 pounds. According to my BMI and such, i am a little over 40, and as far is insurance is concerned and stuff, i am all set to go.

I just made my first appointment with Dr. Billy in Ventura County, Ca, and can't wait. My goal is to just get below 200, so about 65 pounds.

#2. My mom has gotten the surgery done, and a LOT of her food gets stuck right before the band. Does a lot of people have this problem?

Personally, i cannot wait..I've always wanted to just look in the mirror and say to myself that i am not fat. I am hoping a year from now i will be able to achieve this.

Congrats on your upcoming Surgery. I live in West Los Angeles (where the 405 meets the 10...off Motor & Palms 1 mile north of Sony Pictures). Anyway, I met with my primary care physician last week and she said that loose skin only becomes an issue if you loose too much weight too quickly (Over 3 pounds per week). Obviously the more weight you have to loose the faster you will loose it. My suggestion to you is to check out a web-site called www.thedailyplate.com. It is FREE and if you tell the program that you want to loose 2 pounds per week it will calculate your calorie intake needed to maintain that steady weight lose without loosing to much, too fast. I use it everyday to track my diet and excercise and it is the best thing ever invented. I have to warn you though that the formatting of the site is a bit quirky and sometimes you will need to toggle between "classic myplate" & "new myplate" to reset your calorie goal back to the correct amount. The New Myplate is still in beta testing that's why.

Hey everyone,

Hello! Nice to find someone else 19 on here. I am 19 years old as well and will be having the lap band surgery on January 11th at the OCC in Mexico though! I started at 282 but am down to 270 right now since I've been on a preop diet!

Keep us updated and welcome to the forum!! :)