Help..I'm technically challenged .....

CALF

Hi Chad...

1). I've been able to post my photo as my avatar..but it's NOT showing on my profile????

2). What does the sentence: "CALF has not set their status" mean and how do I correct that?

3). What and why is there a 'warn status' bar showing under my avatar?

4). I logged onto photobucket in order to download some photo's onto this OCC site..but they did not transfer.

Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated ! :D

Cheers,

Cheryl

1). I've been able to post my photo as my avatar..but it's NOT showing on my profile????

2). What does the sentence: "CALF has not set their status" mean and how do I correct that?

3). What and why is there a 'warn status' bar showing under my avatar?

4). I logged onto photobucket in order to download some photo's onto this OCC site..but they did not transfer.

1. There are two different photos you can upload. One is your avatar and one is your profile photo. You should see both options in your account settings. Click on your name in the upper right and choose My Settings. Then choose the Profile tab. You should see links to both Change Photo and Change Avatar.

2. That's just a Twitter like status you can update. It's optional. If you go to the forum home page you can see a table in the right hand column for Recent Status Updates. That should give you an idea of what it is.

3. The "warn status" isn't something you need to worry about unless you cause some trouble on the forum. It's a way of tracking and warning members that are causing drama, posting spam, etc.

4. I'm not sure on the Photobucket thing since I don't use it. I imagine you need to download the photos from Photobucket to your computer first. Then create a Gallery on this site and upload them to the Gallery. If you click on the little Help link in the upper right of the page under your name you will find a section on Using the Gallery.

1. There are two different photos you can upload. One is your avatar and one is your profile photo. You should see both options in your account settings. Click on your name in the upper right and choose My Settings. Then choose the Profile tab. You should see links to both Change Photo and Change Avatar.

2. That's just a Twitter like status you can update. It's optional. If you go to the forum home page you can see a table in the right hand column for Recent Status Updates. That should give you an idea of what it is.

3. The "warn status" isn't something you need to worry about unless you cause some trouble on the forum. It's a way of tracking and warning members that are causing drama, posting spam, etc.

4. I'm not sure on the Photobucket thing since I don't use it. I imagine you need to download the photos from Photobucket to your computer first. Then create a Gallery on this site and upload them to the Gallery. If you click on the little Help link in the upper right of the page under your name you will find a section on Using the Gallery.

Hi Chad..I know you're busy right now with the change of the forum, etc...

...with regards to my question #1

I want to use the same photo on my profile and I have shown on my avatar but the message comes back advising that the file is too large....???? I've tried numerous times using the profile tab....

Thanks for your help!

Upload your piccy in photobucket and use the code to past it here.

Hi Chad..I know you're busy right now with the change of the forum, etc...

...with regards to my question #1

I want to use the same photo on my profile and I have shown on my avatar but the message comes back advising that the file is too large....???? I've tried numerous times using the profile tab....

Thanks for your help!

Upload your piccy in photobucket and use the code to past it here.

Hi Angie..I've done the upload to photobucket & used the code to paste it..but the darn thing still didn't carry over... :(

Okay, so now you are working on setting your profile picture...right.... Let me go through the steps myself. I will be right back, hold tight!

Okay Cheryl - now that you have resized you piccy in photobucket. Go ahead and save it to your computer....say to your desk top. Upload it in your browser window. Let me know, if it works out. I wil be happy to help you more.

Okay Cheryl - now that you have resized you piccy in photobucket. Go ahead and save it to your computer....say to your desk top. Upload it in your browser window. Let me know, if it works out. I wil be happy to help you more.

Thanks Angie..I'll give it a try....

YAHOO :lol::lol:

Thanks Angie..your advise was great!!

I am such a tech geek..my VCR still blinks 12:00