Strained soup same as broth?

To add some variety to the bullion phase, my wife and I picked up some canned soup. Nothing special, chicken noodle, minnestrone, vegetable beef. For a day now we have been just drinking the broth from these for meals. I have diluted the soup so that I can see to the other end of a small tupperware container. Does this sound okay for clear liquids? Also, I'm not really a fan of creamy soup or yogurt, is there anything wrong with sticking to this regimen for the full 21 days? I haven't felt any hunger yesterday or today. Although I haven't been hungry since the procedure either.

To add some variety to the bullion phase, my wife and I picked up some canned soup. Nothing special, chicken noodle, minnestrone, vegetable beef. For a day now we have been just drinking the broth from these for meals. I have diluted the soup so that I can see to the other end of a small tupperware container. Does this sound okay for clear liquids? Also, I'm not really a fan of creamy soup or yogurt, is there anything wrong with sticking to this regimen for the full 21 days? I haven't felt any hunger yesterday or today. Although I haven't been hungry since the procedure either.

Sounds like it is okay, as long as there aren't any food chunks in it that would cause your stomach to have to churn and work to digest it. Just curious, is the broth from chicken noodle soup much different from the broth you buy in the boxes? I've been using Pacific Foods free range chicken broth, and it's pretty good.

Strained clear broth would be fine. I would not suggest staying on this phase and not eating yogurt and cream soups. Your band needs the protein to heal into place and clear liquids have not protein.

Try the tortilla soup on this forum it is sooooooooooooooooooo good and most of us lived on it. I certainly never got tired of it . I am not a yogurt fan either but found the yoplait drinks quite refreshing after being on clear fluids. So in answer to your question do not bypass this phase because you need the protein to heal that band properly in place so it does not slip later on.

Debbie

You are being VERY careful arent you? Yes, by all means strained soup counts as broth. You do NOT need to add water though. Simply put a smal slit in the top of the ready to serve canned soup with a can opener and empty the liquid in a bowl or mug and throw the rest away. I did this with Progresso Chicken Noodle and to be honest in tasted better without all the chunks in it. You know, my taste buds did a 180 during this phase and I too had NO desire for creamy soups. They tasted yucky for some reason. However, I loved the drinkable yogurts AND Kefir Drinks by Lifeway both of which are loaded in protein. I do not think you could stick to that regimen for 21 days. In all honesty you ARE going to get bored. You need to experiment and have fun trying different liquids that you have never tried before and keep things INTERESTING. Spice it up! Go to different grocery stores and make it your challenge to find liquids that are different OR come up with some concoctions in your own kitchen. Go to a Japanesse or Korean Market, look up soup recipes on line, go out to a restraunt and order Miso Soup, Wonton Soup, or even Matza Ball Soup and only drink the broth. I REALLY liked Indian Lentil Soup that I found at Whole Foods in the International section. It was NON Chunky and LOADED in protein. Thick is fine, chunky is not. The rule of thumb is you should be able to drink it through a straw (milkshake consistancy is fine). Now that I think about it a Strawberry Milkshake from McDonald's during this phase would have been wonderful!! The thought never crossed my mind at the time. Even a Protein Smoothie from Jamba Juice OR Robeck's would have been PERFECT!!! As you may know, they can add a whopping scoop of protein powder to your smoothie and they even sell the powder by the canister for you to take home! Sorry to sound like Dr. Ruth, but if you have the kind of relationship with food that I do (that sounds weird...I do not mean food in the bed room people) you need to think outside of the box, spice things up, keep it interesting and ALWAYS find a way to try new and different things like an adventure.

• Like 1