Dent-art center

Dolittle

Since the OCC closed their Dental office, they have been refering patients to Dr. Lugo at the Dent-Art Center. The Dent-art clinic is located between the Lucerna and the OCC, so it's real easy to find. In December I was in TJ to visit Cosmed plastic surgery clinic, but I needed a tooth crowned. I was only going to be in TJ 3 days. With good planning I could make this trip a 3 in 1 trip, so I scheduled everything accordingly. I arrived on a Wednesday and went straight to Dent-art and had the prep work done for my new crown. Thursday I went to the OCC and had Dr. So check my band and everything was fine there, then over to Cosmed to see Dr. Quiroz. My planning paid off and I had the afternoon off to go site seeing. I jumped across the border and went to the USS Midway floating museum. If you've never been on an aircraft carrier, this was very educational and it was cool. Friday it was back to Dent-art to finish up my new crown. Then cross the border, back to the airport and my flight back to Chicago.

I can say that Dr. Lugo and Dr. Ana at Dent-art were very professional and did meticulous work. Plus I saved big bucks. You can check out their website Dent-art center

They also have a shuttle driver/service.

Since the OCC closed their Dental office, they have been refering patients to Dr. Lugo at the Dent-Art Center. The Dent-art clinic is located between the Lucerna and the OCC, so it's real easy to find. In December I was in TJ to visit Cosmed plastic surgery clinic, but I needed a tooth crowned. I was only going to be in TJ 3 days. With good planning I could make this trip a 3 in 1 trip, so I scheduled everything accordingly. I arrived on a Wednesday and went straight to Dent-art and had the prep work done for my new crown. Thursday I went to the OCC and had Dr. So check my band and everything was fine there, then over to Cosmed to see Dr. Quiroz. My planning paid off and I had the afternoon off to go site seeing. I jumped across the border and went to the USS Midway floating museum. If you've never been on an aircraft carrier, this was very educational and it was cool. Friday it was back to Dent-art to finish up my new crown. Then cross the border, back to the airport and my flight back to Chicago.

I can say that Dr. Lugo and Dr. Ana at Dent-art were very professional and did meticulous work. Plus I saved big bucks. You can check out their website Dent-art center

They also have a shuttle driver/service.

OOO interesting!

Thanks for this info!

I wasn't aware the OCC closed there dental centre -- it did seem completely out of place, though.

• 1 year later...

Guess I should have started here first. LOL I spent 3 hours researching dentists in TJ and decided to schedule an appt with Dent-Art.

• 6 months later...

Would love to hear others experience with Dr. Lugo and the Dental-Art Clinic? I need a root canal and I am hoping this pain is not an abscess. The office quoted me $280. My local doctors charge around $1600. Did Dr. Lugo do your work? Did you have success. Or are you using a different dentist suggested by the OCC?

At one time the OCC had their own dentist in house, but there just wasn't enough busness to keep her busy, so Dr. O decided to use that office space and started offering Plastic Surgery services. When this happened they were referring their patients that needed dental services to Dr. Lugo. I had some dental work done by the Dental-Art Clinic when I was in TJ having my band checked. I had a couple crowns done at that time. They did great work and I was very pleased. Infact, I was thinking about having an implant done by them. My only problem is that I live in the Midwest and airfare is taking away all of the savings. If I catch get a deal from Southwest out of Chicago, I'll be heading there to get that implant done.

• 10 months later...

About a year ago I had a tooth #30 just go to crap. It must be an age thing. When I was in TJ in October, I decided to go with a implant to replace it. I made my appointment with Dent-Art and made it a 3 in 1 trip to TJ from Illinois. #1, have my band checked by Dr. So, #2, have a deep suture removed by Dr. Quiroz at Cosmed, #3, get the dental implant. I go back in January to get the implant crowned. So far Dr. Lugo and his staff have been great. He was running a special on his website for implants, $1100 for the implant and crown. Which here in Illinois would have been over $3000. I'll keep you posted on the crowning trip. This time I have scheduled the trip to include some free time and might get to actually see something in San Diego.

• 2 months later...