21 Day Challenge

bogiesmom

I know a few of you are struggling with the liquid phase right now so I want to purpose a little mind game challenge that REALLY helped me through 21 days of liquids...

Your mission over the next 21 days is to find as many interesting, exotic, flavor-filled combinations of liquids that you possibly can.

You must venture out to every corner market, culturally diverse, hole-in-the wall joint in your immediate universe (yes, the internet universe counts!).

You must be creative! This is especially true when ordering off a menu. If something comes in liquid form but has chunky ingrediants asking them to remove said ingrediants. If you are not accustomed to asking for food prepared to your liking then now is a good time to get used to it as you will be special ordering for the rest of your life. Watch "When Harry Met Sally" for inspiration as it is an art form. And go ahead and purchase the canned egg drop soup and strain & add seasoning to give it a little kick.

Lastly, you must post you findings here so everyone can share in your new found glory and kiss the ground you walk on!

The prizes include dramatic weight loss, an over abundance in self esteem, golden knowledge, and let's not forget great products!

Some places of interest include but are not limited to:

Trader Joes

Whole Foods

Fresh N' Easy

Costco

Target

99 Cent Only Store

Sam's Club

Japanese Restaurants

Indian Restaurants

Brazilian Restaurants

Peruvian Cuisine

Persian eateries

Juice & Smoothie Bars

Starbucks

Korean Markets

(note - if just the thought of walking into an eaterie alone scares you, do not forget, that is why they invented take-out. walk in, grab a menu, read it outside and walk back in and place an order to-go or call 'um on the cell phone while still outside.)

Via Con Dios!

I know a few of you are struggling with the liquid phase right now so I want to purpose a little mind game challenge that REALLY helped me through 21 days of liquids...

Your mission over the next 21 days is to find as many interesting, exotic, flavor-filled combinations of liquids that you possibly can.

You must venture out to every corner market, culturally diverse, hole-in-the wall joint in your immediate universe (yes, the internet universe counts!).

Lastly, you must post you findings here so everyone can share in your new found glory and kiss the ground you walk on!

The prizes include dramatic weight loss, an over abundance in self esteem, golden knowledge, and let's not forget great products!

Some places of interest include but are not limited to:

Trader Joes

Whole Foods

Fresh N' Easy

Costco

Target

99 Cent Only Store

Sam's Club

Japanese Restaurants

Indian Restaurants

Brazilian Restaurants

Peruvian Cuisine

Persian eateries

Juice & Smoothie Bars

Starbucks

Korean Markets

(note - if just the thought of walking into an eaterie alone scares you, do not forget, that is what they invented take-out. walk in, grab a menu, read it outside and walk back in and place an order to-go or call 'um on the cell phone while still outside.)

Via Con Dios!

You rock girl!! Your posts are always so creative, inspirational and helpful. I am so glad you are on this forum

Debbie

Not sure if this counts but I smashed green onions to release the flavor and simmered them in beef or chicken stock and then removed them. I then added soy sauce and fish sauce to trick myself into thinking I was eating chinese food.

I also added beef or chicken granules to the following:

Curried lentil creamy soup to fake Indian food

Creamy Lemongrass soup for Thai food

I also froze protein shakes for fake ice cream.

I froze clear Isopure protein drinks during the first week. They were easier to eat than they were to drink.

Now if I could only get some liquid popcorn.

Not sure if this counts but I smashed green onions to release the flavor and simmered them in beef or chicken stock and then removed them. I then added soy sauce and fish sauce to trick myself into thinking I was eating chinese food.

I also added beef or chicken granules to the following:

Curried lentil creamy soup to fake Indian food

Creamy Lemongrass soup for Thai food

I also froze protein shakes for fake ice cream.

I froze clear Isopure protein drinks during the first week. They were easier to eat than they were to drink.

Now if I could only get some liquid popcorn.

Your my hero!!! The angels in heaven are rejoicing to you God given talents! Take that Rachel Ray! When can you move in with me? You can have the bedroom and I'll sleep on the couch and I promise to kiss the carpet you walk on (dog hair and all) ;)

Love it! Definitely a time to get really creative!

I am hitting up Trader Joe's this weekend when I go out of town to visit friends. Gonna see what fun things I can come up with, but I mostly go to hit up the wine section! :lol:

I try to avoid liquids a lot since i'm farther along, but for those times I get tight it's nice to have some options.

Great job encouraging them along! I remember being in that stage it sucks! But if I could do it anyone can!

Love it! Definitely a time to get really creative!

I am hitting up Trader Joe's this weekend when I go out of town to visit friends. Gonna see what fun things I can come up with, but I mostly go to hit up the wine section! :lol:

I try to avoid liquids a lot since i'm farther along, but for those times I get tight it's nice to have some options.

Great job encouraging them along! I remember being in that stage it sucks! But if I could do it anyone can!

2 Buck Chuck!!! Mmmmmm...now I need a few bottles! :lol:

I know right! I was all set to go on a run tonight but i've been asked to stay late at work. Booo! Means I can't do my workout like I planned (have another appt @ 7) but I might have to do a quick workout through a DVD I have and then open a bottle! :)