Has Just Got to Gripe...

BrownEyedGirl

In preparation for tomorrows first solid breakfast in 21 days, I made some crustless quiches with all kinds of healthiness tucked inside. They filled the house with their heavenly aroma as they cooked whilst I took my first bath (don't worry, I've been showering). When the buzzer sounded I took them out of the oven gazing upon their beautiful solid foodiness. After cooling I went to take them out of their little muffin compartments. They came out so easily and I was imagining plating them tomorrow topped with greek yogurt and sprinkled with chives with a few pitted cherries alongside. That's when I noticed something not quite right at the bottom of each one. Then I looked at the muffin tin and the nonstick coating had completely come off and was part of my quiches. They did have a crust, a teflon one. Blech!

Very disappointing. I guess it's oatmeal with cherries for breakfast. I used up all the eggs. :(

In preparation for tomorrows first solid breakfast in 21 days, I made some crustless quiches with all kinds of healthiness tucked inside. They filled the house with their heavenly aroma as they cooked whilst I took my first bath (don't worry, I've been showering). When the buzzer sounded I took them out of the oven gazing upon their beautiful solid foodiness. After cooling I went to take them out of their little muffin compartments. They came out so easily and I was imagining plating them tomorrow topped with greek yogurt and sprinkled with chives with a few pitted cherries alongside. That's when I noticed something not quite right at the bottom of each one. Then I looked at the muffin tin and the nonstick coating had completely come off and was part of my quiches. They did have a crust, a teflon one. Blech!

Very disappointing. I guess it's oatmeal with cherries for breakfast. I used up all the eggs. :(

awwwww lol.... well it looks like you had a good day back to solids anyway.

Those sound sooo good!! Can you share the recipe!!??

So sorry they didn't come out, but hopefully you can make them again soon!!!

Congrats on finishing your 21 days - now the fun really begins!!! :lol:

Those sound sooo good!! Can you share the recipe!!??

I got the recipe for the breakfast bites from here:

http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/search?q=breakfast+bites&updated-max=2009-04-09T11%3A12%3A00-07%3A00&max-results=20

But I used larger muffin cups so that 1 of mine equaled 2 of hers.

I also added Kale. I'm adding that to everything even Tomato Pie. It's one of the top 10 foods we aren't eating but should.

http://www.forbes.com/2009/05/15/healthy-foods-eating-lifestyle-health-healthy-foods_slide_9.html?thisSpeed=undefined

Yummy! But then I love veggies. I added it to the tomato pie and the parts that poked out got crispy. OMGosh! They were so good!! My son and I ate some raw. Whether one likes it plain or not I think it would be pretty easy to chop it fine and add it to an omelette or scramble or salad or whatever.

Cool. I love veggies, too. So, this might be something I can try.

I need to make some tomato pie or something, I was thinking about what to buy now that I get to eat food, but I am so confused about what I want to start eating each day.

Cool. I love veggies, too. So, this might be something I can try.

I need to make some tomato pie or something, I was thinking about what to buy now that I get to eat food, but I am so confused about what I want to start eating each day.

I'm doing my best to plan ahead so I do't find myself with no healthy food and a McDonald's a few feet away. The cool thing about the tomato pie is that you get 8 slices out of it. I'm having it for lunch and the plan is to always have oatmeal or cottage handy for breakfast. I have TONS of Weight Watchers cook books and picked a few of my faves. Oh!.. I also bought a really cool lunch box to pack meals on the go.

I'm getting tons of ideas from that eggface website.

http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/

Those sound sooo good thanks! And you could really tinker w/ those - I would put some mushrooms in there as well.