If you want a good laugh- read this!

So as you know, I had my first fill on Tuesday. All is going well and I am excited to eat real food for the 1st time tomorrow and see what type of restriction I have.

Anyhow, I found out something pretty funny on Tuesday. Background story.... I am a complete hypochondriac. I constantly think there is something wrong with me. In fact, I've had to give up medical shows because I freaked out every time I saw a perfectly healthy person end up dying of some crazy disease because I would always think that would happen to me. Anyhow, I am very good at freaking myself out for no reason. So when I started researching this procedure I read and heard and shared stories with so many others. And I have found that so many people ended up having a hernia repaired during surgery for a hernia they didn't even know they had. Well, as a hypochondriac, this got me thinking. "Do I have a hernia and not know it?" So after surgery I started to notice a pain right below my rib cage on the left hand side. When I pushed on it I felt a bump type thing. Naturally, I assumed this was the hernia that everyone had told me about. I freaked out and did tons of research and was convinced I had a hernia! I'm sure you have figured out where I am going with this.... when I went to get my fill my doctor pushed on this same spot- BECAUSE IT IS MY PORT! Wow, how silly did I feel! Glad I never told anyone about this prior to! hahaha!

Baaahahaahaa...girl that is funny. I guess we all have "OCC hernia" now. Love it!

Thanks I needed that!

It's contagious... I have one too hehehehehehe :wub: So so cute

OK, so can I ask you this - I had my surgery 3/18, have recovered 99% except that it feels like the port 'pokes' me whenever I bend over and I am having a hard time tying my shoes!! I swear the *blippin* thing is stabbing me in the rib cage. Is this feeling going to go away, or is it something I have to learn to live with??

OK, so can I ask you this - I had my surgery 3/18, have recovered 99% except that it feels like the port 'pokes' me whenever I bend over and I am having a hard time tying my shoes!! I swear the *blippin* thing is stabbing me in the rib cage. Is this feeling going to go away, or is it something I have to learn to live with??

I was asking Dr. M. about doing ab workouts after the surgery and he told me that there is scar tissue that will be hard at first, but then it will soften up over time. I also had sharp pains about the first month after surgery, but now I hardly ever feel it all. Just some dull pain when I lift something the wrong way.

Margie

• 1 month later...