Sleep Apnea anyone?

Just wondered if anyone else here on the forum had (or has) the sleep disorder called sleep apnea?

My Mom suffered from it (all 100 pounds of her!) my slender brother had (has) it and I was blessed (NOT!!!) with it. It got SO much worse when I gained weight 5 years ago that I ended up on a CPAP machine at night to help me breath correctly. Now that I've lost 63 pounds the apnea seems to have disappeared..but I still keep the machine on my bedside table just in case my husband nudges me awake to tell me I'm not breathing!!!

Anyone else out there in lapband land that has a story to share???

• 2 months later...

I was diagnosed with sleep apnea pre-lapband. The doctor told me that I was one of only a few of his patients that he believed would be completely cured just by losing weight. I went the C-PAP route for a while, got the lap band two years ago, lost 100 pounds, and packed my C-PAP away a little less than a year ago.

Hi guys,

I don't have sleep apnea but I do snore sometimes at night. As I have been losing weight, the snoring seems to be getting better. I was told by my MD that once I loose all the weight I will probably not snore at all..another great side effect of weight loss.

Just wondered if anyone else here on the forum had (or has) the sleep disorder called sleep apnea?

My Mom suffered from it (all 100 pounds of her!) my slender brother had (has) it and I was blessed (NOT!!!) with it. It got SO much worse when I gained weight 5 years ago that I ended up on a CPAP machine at night to help me breath correctly. Now that I've lost 63 pounds the apnea seems to have disappeared..but I still keep the machine on my bedside table just in case my husband nudges me awake to tell me I'm not breathing!!!

Anyone else out there in lapband land that has a story to share???

Yes, I have it and was told that once I lose my weight it will go away. My doctor told me not to get the machine since I was banded in November 2009. My husband has said that I still snore and has really not noticed any difference. I'm going to see how things go ....

My mother has it so so bad and uses the machine. I wished she would have the surgery. She is 73 and most doctors will not touch her with all her other health issues.

• 3 weeks later...

I have lost 78lbs. and I still have sleep apnea. My pressure was just increased even. I still have about 50lbs. to go. I am hoping. My husband does say that when I fall asleep in the car or chair, that I am not snoring. Yay!

• 3 years later...

A didgeridoo is an Australian instrument. But I would guess Mikke5Vancouver doesn't know what he is talking about since he told some other ladies and I quote:

you people deserve to gain weight !! why are you .eating junk food , Retaurant food and drinking alcohol ? get off your butts go excersise and learn to cook ! lazy ..inresponssible ! you should be a shame of your selfs ... end of story .

A didgeridoo is an Australian instrument. But I would guess Mikke5Vancouver doesn't know what he is talking about since he told some other ladies and I quote:

I went and looked it up after I signed off the forum. Yes,, Mikke's post was pretty harsh,, maybe from lack of oxygen from blowing on that horn. lol