QUESTIONS REGARDING 1ST FILL

Hello beautiful ladies!!!

I am going for what I think people refer to as a “blind” fill. This is my first fill and am wondering what the process is.

Do I tell the Dr. My band size and request the amount of saline I want injected?

How do they determine the right amount of restriction if they cant see how it is affecting the band?

How long after the fill do I have to wait until I can determine if the restriction is appropriate?

How long do have to wait in between fills?

Sorry for all the question, but I know you girls are the best experts on the band.

Thanks everyone

My experience is mostly from OTHERS, as I have not had my first fill yet. My mom is a couple months ahead of me, so I have watched her progress closely.

Do I tell the Dr. My band size and request the amount of saline I want injected? I requested the surgery paperwork from Dr. Ortiz and that is what I am supposed to bring to my first fill, I am also getting a blind fill for my first one. Just get the paperwork (they email it within a day or so) and bring that in.

How do they determine the right amount of restriction if they cant see how it is affecting the band? I don't know about all doctors, but mine is really good and actually listens to the band or liquid or something, I don't know! My mom has gone to her and that is where my info is from. She has done it so much, she can tell, but also you take drinks and see how it goes down.

How long after the fill do I have to wait until I can determine if the restriction is appropriate? I think everyone is different, some feel it quickly, some say it takes a week to feel it, I don't think there is any amount of time set in stone. Just wait a couple week before you determine if it isn't clear at first.

How long do have to wait in between fills? Not sure if there is a rule about this, my mom has gone as little as like a week and a half in between 2 of her fills because she felt nothing.

Hello beautiful ladies!!!

I am going for what I think people refer to as a "blind" fill. This is my first fill and am wondering what the process is.

Do I tell the Dr. My band size and request the amount of saline I want injected?

This actually varies from Dr. to Dr. Some have a standard amount they give you. Others will fill you until you feel restriction. You will need to bring your paperwork for the OCC with you. I actually sent my to my after care provider before my fill. With the larger band you will get a larger fill amount as it will take more to fill the band. I have a 4 cc band and my first fill was .4cc. I am not the "tipical" first fill. On average people get more on there first fill than I did.

How do they determine the right amount of restriction if they cant see how it is affecting the band?

With a blind fill, the Dr will either depend on you to tell him how the liquid is going down. Or he will fill you a standard amount and send you on your way. Normally they will have you drink liquid to see how it passes. It should not gurgle, make you burp, or get caught up or held up. On the flip side, you don't want the liquid to flow freely either. So really pay attention to your body.

How long after the fill do I have to wait until I can determine if the restriction is appropriate?

I normally know with in a week. I've heard some say there fill settled after 2 weeks. It's hard not to "rush" this process, but try to give it a bit of time. Feel it out.

How long do have to wait in between fills?

My Dr.'s office says a month between fills. To give you a chance to adjust and get the feel of it. I have heard or as soon as 2 weeks between fills. Everyone seems to have different standards. I would call ahead and see what your care provider does.

Really it is best to direct these questions to the place you have chosen for aftercare. They are there to help you and to teach you about what to expect. Asking them will allow you to learn there rules and practices as well. Variations between offices can be vast. (I don't mean to discourage you from asking questions here. We are here for you during this process as well, it is sometimes easier to get answers directly from the people who will be caring for you.)

Sorry for all the question, but I know you girls are the best experts on the band.

Thanks everyone