My First Fill. YAY!

Hey ladies and mostly invisible gentlemen. I had my fill on Friday. I got 5ccs. I didn't ask for a big fill. Dr. So just asked me questions and based on my answers gave me 5ccs. So, I can attest that OCC isn't trying to nickel and dime us with little fills. At at $100 a pop I didn't think that anyway.

I had called in beforehand because I woke up last Sunday morning and it felt like my great big yawning bottomless pit chasm of a stomach was back. I was HUNGRY!! And let me tell you, it bummed me out big time!!!! Between my back being out and my appetite being back, I was worried I'd pack on a ton of weight but I still managed to lose. Yay band!

The process was so easy and painless. I was kind of afraid of how much the fill would hurt since my port area is still a little ouchy. Which reminds me, if you haven't had surgery yet you might want to buy a very snug tank top, like those bulge control ones, to keep your tummy from jiggling and moving that port around. Anyway, I didn't even feel a pinch when the needle went in and even less when he took it out.

I let Dr. So know that I was having close to no restriction. It seemed my appetite was back just as bad as before. Maybe a little less but that was a maybe. I was uncomfortable with the amount of hunger I was having and having a difficult time controlling it. I was making some very bad food choices (it seems satan somehow snuck peanut brittle into my home the day after my appetite came back blink.gif ). Dr. So gave me some CCs and then upped it and upped it again. Everything flowed right through. So now I have 5ccs and i'm feeling full but not as full as I was post surgery. We'll give it some time and see how it goes. Today I'm back on solids and I was craving Cream of Wheat and ate that instead of something more solid. I think I'll make tuna salad for lunch. Nummy!

Oh.. I got my fill a week early. That's why I called Dr. So. With Easter coming up and lots of traveling, I didn't want to wait for my fill or be on liquids with guests here and since I wasn't having any problems I was able to get my fill after 5 weeks instead of 6.

I keep remembering stuff I wanted to say...

After leaving my appointment I felt like I got a bargain. For $100 I got a fill under fluroscopy, Dr. So was friendly and unrushed and answered all my questions, I saw Dr. Miranda walking down the hall and started to ask her a question and she pulled me into her office and we talked over things for quite some time. So, a fill under fluoroscopy and a consult with two doctors for $100. I have no complaints.

Hey ladies and mostly invisible gentlemen. I had my fill on Friday. I got 5ccs. I didn't ask for a big fill. Dr. So just asked me questions and based on my answers gave me 5ccs. So, I can attest that OCC isn't trying to nickel and dime us with little fills. At at $100 a pop I didn't think that anyway.

I had called in beforehand because I woke up last Sunday morning and it felt like my great big yawning bottomless pit chasm of a stomach was back. I was HUNGRY!! And let me tell you, it bummed me out big time!!!! Between my back being out and my appetite being back, I was worried I'd pack on a ton of weight but I still managed to lose. Yay band!

The process was so easy and painless. I was kind of afraid of how much the fill would hurt since my port area is still a little ouchy. Which reminds me, if you haven't had surgery yet you might want to buy a very snug tank top, like those bulge control ones, to keep your tummy from jiggling and moving that port around. Anyway, I didn't even feel a pinch when the needle went in and even less when he took it out.

I let Dr. So know that I was having close to no restriction. It seemed my appetite was back just as bad as before. Maybe a little less but that was a maybe. I was uncomfortable with the amount of hunger I was having and having a difficult time controlling it. I was making some very bad food choices (it seems satan somehow snuck peanut brittle into my home the day after my appetite came back blink.gif ). Dr. So gave me some CCs and then upped it and upped it again. Everything flowed right through. So now I have 5ccs and i'm feeling full but not as full as I was post surgery. We'll give it some time and see how it goes. Today I'm back on solids and I was craving Cream of Wheat and ate that instead of something more solid. I think I'll make tuna salad for lunch. Nummy!

Oh.. I got my fill a week early. That's why I called Dr. So. With Easter coming up and lots of traveling, I didn't want to wait for my fill or be on liquids with guests here and since I wasn't having any problems I was able to get my fill after 5 weeks instead of 6.

Good thinking on planning your fill with your holiday plans in mind. :) What you feel now regarding hunger, fullness, etc, is bound to change as the days go by. It seems as though it takes between one and three weeks post-fill for the saline & lapband to settle. My restriction from the first fill took amost three weeks to stabilize..after my second fill it was quicker..it was like closer to a week.

I've hit a plateau so I'm going for a third fill this week..not to OCC unfortunately but to a local doctor that does not use fluoro.. I'm only having 1.5 cc added so I'm sure we'll be fine.

Have a great holiday..and enjoy your new restriction!!

:D

yay! so excited for you. I'm glad that they allowed you to get your fill a week early and that even with the hunger you still managed to lose weight. Good for you! Keep us posted on your restriction feelings. I'll be interested to see how it goes.

Thanks for the post...I had my surgery Friday! After a hell of a day I'm glad I read your post about the tank top..I will be digging mine out tonight..the pain upon moving around the left side must be the port..You can tell I really thought surgery out well..Easter I will be staying home instead of doing the annual family brunch..I just made my first fill appointment for May 7, exactly 6 weeks..I am on board baby..thought I might try the walking tapes tonight but I think being back at work and on my feet was enough for today. So broth and bed for me.

Thanks for the post...I had my surgery Friday! After a hell of a day I'm glad I read your post about the tank top..I will be digging mine out tonight..the pain upon moving around the left side must be the port..You can tell I really thought surgery out well..Easter I will be staying home instead of doing the annual family brunch..I just made my first fill appointment for May 7, exactly 6 weeks..I am on board baby..thought I might try the walking tapes tonight but I think being back at work and on my feet was enough for today. So broth and bed for me.

The doctors told me no exercise for 3 weeks! :)