Sweet Study Findings

bogiesmom

On to the sweet news... A study recently published in the journal Appetite indicates that low-cal sweeteners don't increase our hunger levels or cause us to eat more, contrary to past reports. Subjects were given either real sugar, natural sugar substitutes, or artificial sugar swaps. The subjects who consumed low-calorie sugar substitutes -- natural or not -- reported hunger levels similar to those of the subjects who consumed real sugar... yet the former took in fewer calories. WOOHOO! We may be living, breathing (and eating!) proof of this finding here at HG -- we're HUNGRY with or without our Splenda!

Thanks for the info., that's good to know. I don't use much but, Splendia and Truvia is what I have on hand. What do most of you use?

I use 2 Equals in the morning for coffee at work, but my big artifical sweetener thing is from Crystal Light On-The-Go!! I HATE plain water and I use at 3 to 4 Crystal Light packages per day!!! Thank goodness for the good news :wub:

It's splenda for me..I have three great cookbooks by Splenda, not to mention a few others which have some great recipes..I have been using splenda for 5 years after my husband was an out of control diabetic...now that he is gone I have kept that up. I remember when my kids first started complaining about splenda and the lack of sugary treats in the house..now its the norm...of course there is dark chocolate, which I won't give up but it isn't that sweet..and there is a recipe for making my own using splenda...