chronium picolate

nicolek

Hey! How are you? I have no idea about the dosage, but it had to post to you since I seen you on here! I'd love an update on how you are getting along. : )

Terrible!!!!

I have gained all my 100lbs back and my eating is out of control. I'm looking into getting the sleeve as Dr O does it.

Only thing holding me back is the $$$.

I thought I'd try from the beginning again.

Terrible!!!!

I have gained all my 100lbs back and my eating is out of control. I'm looking into getting the sleeve as Dr O does it.

Only thing holding me back is the $$$.

I thought I'd try from the beginning again.

Nicole - sorry to hear about your weight gain. We bigger people have issues with putting weight on lightning fast. It's like our bodies have fat memory and BAM! Not sure if you were able to practice restraint, but sometimes we fall back into the old patern for a range of reasons. Sadness, comfort, because we can actually eat again....I can only imagine how you feel, and I am ((HUGGING)) you right now.

I had no idea Dr. O was doing Sleeves....is this something new? I really thought about the sleeve and if a revision is EVER nessecary for me, I would go that direction as well. Still pleased with my band, and the non evasiveness, but oh my goodness the things I have realized about myself since being banded!

Please don't be a stranger, we all have our ups and downs. Keep us posted on you decision and progress!

Much love to you!

Angie

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi Guys

So I managed to get the $$$$ together and I'm coming to see Dr Ortiz in November for the sleeve.

I gained ALL (110lbs) back. My body definately had a memory and went straight back to its fat days.lol

Being skinny for a year and a half was a tease so I'm more self conscious and become hesitant to do things. I

am really looking forward to getting back to the gym and wearing all the new clothes I bought in the last 2 years.

I wish there were more posters about the sleeve and will probably be hanging around that thread more, but I had to come see my band family.

I was told 400 mg

So it would be 40mcg...Its sold in mcg, not mg....More than that your body does not need...

Chromium supplements are used to prevent or treat chromium deficiency.

The body needs chromium for normal growth and health. For patients who are unable to get enough chromium in their regular diet or who have a need for more chromium, chromium supplements may be necessary. They are generally taken by mouth but some patients may have to receive them by injection. Chromium helps your body use sugar properly. It is also needed for the breakdown of proteins and fats.

Lack of chromium may lead to nerve problems and may decrease the body's ability to use sugar properly.

There is not enough evidence to show that taking chromium supplements improves the way your body uses sugar (glucose tolerance).

Injectable chromium is given by or under the supervision of a health care professional. Other forms are available without a prescription.

For good health, it is important that you eat a balanced and varied diet. Follow carefully any diet program your health care professional may recommend. For your specific dietary vitamin and/or mineral needs, ask your health care professional for a list of appropriate foods. If you think that you are not getting enough vitamins and/or minerals in your diet, you may choose to take a dietary supplement.

Chromium is found in various foods, including brewer's yeast, calf liver, American cheese, and wheat germ.

The daily amount of chromium needed is defined in several different ways.

For U.S.—

Recommended Dietary Allowances (RDAs) are the amount of vitamins and minerals needed to provide for adequate nutrition in most healthy persons. RDAs for a given nutrient may vary depending on a person's age, sex, and physical condition (e.g., pregnancy).

Daily Values (DVs) are used on food and dietary supplement labels to indicate the percent of the recommended daily amount of each nutrient that a serving provides. DV replaces the previous designation of United States Recommended Daily Allowances (USRDAs).

For Canada—

Recommended Nutrient Intakes (RNIs) are used to determine the amounts of vitamins, minerals, and protein needed to provide adequate nutrition and lessen the risk of chronic disease.

Because a lack of chromium is rare, there is no RDA or RNI for it. Normal daily recommended intakes for chromium are generally defined as follows:

Infants and children—

Birth to 3 years of age—10 to 80 micrograms (mcg) a day.

4 to 6 years of age—30 to 120 mcg a day.

7 to 10 years of age—50 to 200 mcg a day.

Adolescents and adults—50 to 200 mcg a day.

• 6 months later...