COFFEE for breakfast

EricaG

So I've been trying to stay faithful to breakfast like Dr. So recommended. I normally need a cup of coffee to function during the day time. I just find it difficult to eat after I had my coffee. I'll have a 8oz cup of coffee with no sugar and a dash of milk. I have that around 8am and i try to eat a small cup of oatmeal or whatever i brought for breakfast.

By the time I do get the food i can hardly eat it.

The coffee will keep me full until lunch time (sometimes im not hungry even then, i just eat something because i know i have to eat) which is nice because i actually have became more selective at lunch time.

Coffee always had this effect on me even prior to getting banded... the only difference was i'd have it with a side bread (pan dulce) or cookies and it was a way bigger cup of coffee with sugar.

can any coffee drinkers out there make any suggestions? i really don't want to skip breakfast but i don't know how to replace my coffee.

HELP?

Hi Erica. I cant, and wont, live without my espresso :D

When I was on post-op diet, I would stir in Carnation Instant Breakfast packets with my milk, and that would keep my full for HOURS. Its not a solid, but at least you're getting vitamins and protein... Otherwise I might suggest you try eating before your coffee?? I have my breakfast right when i get to the office, and then after an hour, or however long you're waiting, i get my coffee. you have to be patient, but it might be the only way for ya.

Hi Erica. I cant, and wont, live without my espresso :D

When I was on post-op diet, I would stir in Carnation Instant Breakfast packets with my milk, and that would keep my full for HOURS. Its not a solid, but at least you're getting vitamins and protein... Otherwise I might suggest you try eating before your coffee?? I have my breakfast right when i get to the office, and then after an hour, or however long you're waiting, i get my coffee. you have to be patient, but it might be the only way for ya.

you know what! i forgot about espresso! i usually have a cup of regular drip. i should really just have my espresso with a little cream and get it over with.. :lol:

I've never been much of a breakfast eater, and now with the band I have no desire to eat in the morning. I would say if you are not ravenous by lunchtime then you are giving your body enough with the coffee and cream. I find that the EAS protein drink (the low-carb variety, 110 cals w/17 grams protein) works perfectly for me. I walk my dogs every morning for 20-30 minutes and this gives me enough energy for that. They are about $1.25 each, but since I work at home I figure I'm not spending that on coffee so I might as well spend it on something that works for me. Chocolate has the same effect on me that caffeine does.

Margie

I am not a breakfast eater at all, one because I just cannot get it down. I have my one cup of coffee and a few hours later I will eat a snack size protein bar...80cals...Then I usually won't eat again until 5ish, normal banded dinner, and a snack later in the evening.

Were all different, and I think the band will let us know what we can and cannot eat at the time we THINK we should be eating.

God luck on finding your happy sppot

Kim :wub:

Hi all,

I have the same problem with coffee....this is the one area that I seem to have problems with too. I have tried to do without but just can't seem to. I did think about the idea of adding some kind of tasteless protein powder or liquid to it..anyone know of a good brand? Breakfast has always been a problem for me so I look forward to some ideas...

Hi all,

I have the same problem with coffee....this is the one area that I seem to have problems with too. I have tried to do without but just can't seem to. I did think about the idea of adding some kind of tasteless protein powder or liquid to it..anyone know of a good brand? Breakfast has always been a problem for me so I look forward to some ideas...

Beneprotein it's from the same peeps who do benefiber. You have to be careful with protein in coffee, to hot of coffee with scorch the protein....ewh! Anyway, google beneprotein, it's a nestley product I think. It comes in cans or packets. Each scoop is 7 gm of protein.

I don't do any caffine and am not a breakfast person either never have been. The first about hour or so i'm up the thought of food makes me sick to my stomach. I take a V8 fusion or EAS protein shake with me to work. I also can do fiber choice cereal (dry) but take it with me and don't eat it until around 9 or 10.