So far, so good!

Mistikins

I started my pre-op diet yesterday - I was 233 lbs, and in just one day I am 231.6 - not bad! Makes the being hungry worth it. Of course, it's only my second day...

I have found in just these two days that instead of doing a shake for breakfast and lunch and doing the Lean Cuisine for dinner - I do the Lean Cuisine for lunch. That way I'm not as hungry when dinner comes around because the protein shakes really don't do a darn thing for my hunger.

Misty

Hi Misty,

You can doooo ittt! I found the meal in the middle of the day a great help too, also chicken or beef broth for those tough in between times...Conradulations on starting your new life!

• 2 months later...

i relied on tons of peas- sugar snap to be exact... Also the atkins shakes worked the best for me, but Trader Joes has an awesome shake with 35 grams of protein and low cal/low sugar and these were AWESOME...but they are $2.35 each...kind spendy...also lots of water or crystal lite helped a bunch...good luck!

Congrats! Keep up the good work!! I do a shake in the a.m., clear liquids, a protein shake at lunch (it's easier at work and I am only on full liquids. . .no solid foods), broth in between times (the warmth really helps) a couple of metamucil caps a day and then soup at night.. I run my soups (mostly creamed) through the blender first to make sure there is no solid particles and then heat it up and sip it. Usually takes me about 20 - 30 minutes to sip it down. I will occasionally have a real milk shake when I am stuck at a restaurant that doesn't serve soup or serves soup but doesn't have a blender. . . What restaurant can make it without a blender???? Well Denny's does not have a blender in their kitchen, so I had to drink a milk shake tonite. . .sigh. . .