Eating before 1st fill

I get my first fill on 8 27 10. Right now I can eat ANYTHING. Is that normal? I am eating less and losing a little bit of weight. Will all the eating restrictons they talk about (no bread etc) affect me after my fill? Did they affect anyone before a fill? I am 229lbs now, down 16lbs (9 since surgery).

I get my first fill on 8 27 10. Right now I can eat ANYTHING. Is that normal? I am eating less and losing a little bit of weight. Will all the eating restrictons they talk about (no bread etc) affect me after my fill? Did they affect anyone before a fill? I am 229lbs now, down 16lbs (9 since surgery).

I did not have any restriction before my first fill. Dr Acosta said to always eat protein first every meal.. Even though I fill very little restriction the protein does fill me up for a longer period of time.

I hope to have some more restriction after my second fill . I have lost only 7 pounds since my surgery on June 2nd. It is a lot of hard work trying to eat right and exercise. Not much help yet from my band yet...Hoping and praying that after my 2nd fill things might get easier? I sure hope so....

Best Wishes and Hang in there,

Where & how did you get your first fill done?

(ie. was it a blind fill, at a fill centre, or was it back at the OCC?)

I do know the OCC does a much more generious first fill, while if you're going blind, or getting it done by another facility/doctor, they'll do the 'little at a time' method, to ensure they don't overfill, and the adjustment is done gradually.

I had blind fills done, and it look about 5 fills for me to get to the right restriction for me. In terms of a time line, it was about 6 months; my fill place made me wait a full month before giving me more restriction. They were very cautious; which I respect.

Everyone is different, including how much they have in there band & the # of fills ...