Trav's Amazing Stirfry 350-475calories

Trav

1/5th block of extra firm tofu (or one egg beaten)

1 bag of frozen stir fry vegetables from the store (1.88@Walmart)

2-3 Tbs of Olive Oil (any oil will work though)

1/4-1/2 tsp of Garlic Powder to taste

Chinese Five-Spice to taste

1 bullion cube (beef is my favorite)

2 TBS of your favorite sauce (I like Padang Peanut Sauce..this will add calories)

Step One:

Cut the 1/5th block of tofu into strips 1/4" wide (should look like cross sections of a cube, not long strips)

Step Two:

Pre-heat the oil a little (though it wouldn't hurt to put the tofu directly in)

Step Three:

put the tofu in

Step Four:

Lightly dust the tofu with garlic powder

(tofu absorbs the flavors you cook it in, so garlic is a good start)

Step Five:

Brown tofu on both sides for best results (though you don't have to)

Step Six:

Once tofu is browned, open and dump in the bad of frozen vegetables (don't argue, just do it, I'm a master at this)

Step Seven:

Crush the bullion cube and sprinkle over the frozen vegetables, the water in the ice will mix and coat the vegetables

Step Eight:

Sprinkle Chinese 5 Spice over the whole thing to taste

Step nine:

Stir to whole mess and get it mixed up real well. You can babysit it, or cover it and let the steam do the work. I do both.

Step Ten:

If you opted for an egg instead, this is where you put that in. Push the vegetables to the side, pour in the egg and let it start to congeal before you stir it, or scramble it in a separate pan prior to this step. Then add it in.

Step Eleven:

This is about where it should be done, you can either eat it as-is, for the lowest calorie value, or you can turn the fire off and add your sauce. (this will add about 100 calories, but that's okay, it's still pretty low calorie even with that)

**Advanced**

If you're craving carbs, you can remove the flavor packet and follow the recipe above, and either cook the noodles ahead of time, drain, and run them under cold water to stop them cooking, then add them at the egg step and stir it all together OR, you can crumble them up and put them in at the tofu step and they'll cook, but be warned, you'll probably need to add about an 1/8th cup of water. This will add about 200 calories to the mix, but don't feel guilty about it, it's still quite lovely.

This mess will fill you up, take your time and eat it slowly.

1/5th block of extra firm tofu (or one egg beaten)

1 bag of frozen stir fry vegetables from the store (1.88@Walmart)

2-3 Tbs of Olive Oil (any oil will work though)

1/4-1/2 tsp of Garlic Powder to taste

Chinese Five-Spice to taste

1 bullion cube (beef is my favorite)

2 TBS of your favorite sauce (I like Padang Peanut Sauce..this will add calories)

Step One:

Cut the 1/5th block of tofu into strips 1/4" wide (should look like cross sections of a cube, not long strips)

Step Two:

Pre-heat the oil a little (though it wouldn't hurt to put the tofu directly in)

Step Three:

put the tofu in

Step Four:

Lightly dust the tofu with garlic powder

(tofu absorbs the flavors you cook it in, so garlic is a good start)

Step Five:

Brown tofu on both sides for best results (though you don't have to)

Step Six:

Once tofu is browned, open and dump in the bad of frozen vegetables (don't argue, just do it, I'm a master at this)

Step Seven:

Crush the bullion cube and sprinkle over the frozen vegetables, the water in the ice will mix and coat the vegetables

Step Eight:

Sprinkle Chinese 5 Spice over the whole thing to taste

Step nine:

Stir to whole mess and get it mixed up real well. You can babysit it, or cover it and let the steam do the work. I do both.

Step Ten:

If you opted for an egg instead, this is where you put that in. Push the vegetables to the side, pour in the egg and let it start to congeal before you stir it, or scramble it in a separate pan prior to this step. Then add it in.

Step Eleven:

This is about where it should be done, you can either eat it as-is, for the lowest calorie value, or you can turn the fire off and add your sauce. (this will add about 100 calories, but that's okay, it's still pretty low calorie even with that)

**Advanced**

If you're craving carbs, you can remove the flavor packet and follow the recipe above, and either cook the noodles ahead of time, drain, and run them under cold water to stop them cooking, then add them at the egg step and stir it all together OR, you can crumble them up and put them in at the tofu step and they'll cook, but be warned, you'll probably need to add about an 1/8th cup of water. This will add about 200 calories to the mix, but don't feel guilty about it, it's still quite lovely.

This mess will fill you up, take your time and eat it slowly.

Thanks for the awesome idea. I'll be trying it on my next day off

YUM!!

so simple and easy (for $2.00 more, you can put fresh veg in). I love meals that are low cal, healthy and dont require alot of thought.