skin itching

I have lost 63 lbs so far and have few if any issues. The main thing I have found is my skin in areas of extreme inch loss is "internally itchy" I do not have the issue of enough skin to need to think of plastic surgery but am wondering if anyone else had this and what they did to alliviate the itch? Thanks for any ideas

oh gosh...I know what you mean. My tummy and butt area is so itchy from where I have stretch marks from the weight gain. I'm on the same boat as you are.. I just have to tone up and doubt that i'd need surgery to correct that too. I use BI-OIL after I get out the shower... and let is soak into my skin. I usually get extra itchy now that it's getting cold. But that's what I do and it soothes my skin from the itch.

It still happens even after PS, I had a Breast lift, extended tummy tuck, and some other things. I found that if I use scrubs (sugar or salt scrubs) regularly that it really helps - I think it keeps the skin soft and/or the scrubbing keeps the blood moving. (OK I'm not 100% sure - just know that it helps). These are my favorite, from the delux (Its a line that I know well since we sell it) and they are very reasonably priced – the 3 pack comes with a bath salt that I love. http://www.drugstore.com/qxp227276/de_luxe/bain_spa_set_in_abaca_bag.htm?fromsrch=delux+sugar+scrub

You can buy them in singles too for $12.00. Some of the scrubs from the spas are around $30 - I also know of some people who make their own and I'm sure you can look it up on the internet.

And I use Bio Oil too!

Take care - better to be itchy than to be a fatty I always say! (As an ex big girl I can say that)......

Lisa

I don't understand the post above one bit. It doesn't seem to relate to the original post. I think we all know what an insect bite is.........

Anyway, I'm glad to see canuk post this about skin itching! I thought it was just something weird about me! As I have lost weight, I have had this problem but only on my upper torso. I'm glad to know, it's not just me!

Edited by Dolittle
previous post deleted. was from a spammer

i dont have any skin itching at all except for one little spot - my port scar. that one itches a bit, regularly. anyone else have that?

i worry abt my scars too, i want them to go away, im 8 mo post op and still look as dark as 2 months post op.

sigh............

i dont have any skin itching at all except for one little spot - my port scar. that one itches a bit, regularly. anyone else have that?

i worry abt my scars too, i want them to go away, im 8 mo post op and still look as dark as 2 months post op.

sigh............

The darkness could be a sympton of Keloid skin. I have keloid skin and my scars are dark and raised. From previous experience, the "bulkiness" goes first and then the darkness fades. Unfortunately, it takes, on my skin at least years to fade. But small dark scars on a flattened tummy are better than the bulge of pre surgery :rolleyes:

I've got the dark scars as well. I use dermablend to hide them. Its a leg and body scar/stretch mark cover. It just takes just a little bit and last a long time - you can go to Macy's and match your skin tone. I use it to hide the vains on my legs as well. I just put a little bit on and I don't see my scars anymore.

I don't hide my scars for others - I don't like to look at them. I do all these little things for me. Sometimes its these silly little things that get us down. We're never going to be perfect, but if there is a little something we can do to make us feel better we might as well try!