What should I eat?

SusieO

I absolutely hate cooking and even though I am eating less I do find myself eating the same unhealthy crap that got me in this mess. I need help in finding easy recipes that are healthy and don't take an hour to prepare. If anyone has any suggestions I would really appreciate them. Thank you very much.

I too hate cooking,,,

I have found frozen food by Amy's very healthy and helpful..I am not a breakfast person so I have to force down and Atkins shake in the AM with my coffee..I work two jobs so really the only time I can cook is the weekends. Make yourself some portable healthy snacks like string chesse, nuts, pre-cut veggies, and then supplement with frozen meals or easy breakfast like eggs, or a protein shake..just some ideas..

I absolutely hate cooking and even though I am eating less I do find myself eating the same unhealthy crap that got me in this mess. I need help in finding easy recipes that are healthy and don't take an hour to prepare. If anyone has any suggestions I would really appreciate them. Thank you very much.

invest in a slow cooker and then you can just "dump" your items in it and forget about it. One of my favorites is chicken breasts with salsa. If you just cover the chicken with salsa, it comes out wonderfully moist and tasty. I made this pre surgery and it fits well after. I then divide it up into portions and freeze some.

Also check out http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/ for some great eating/menu ideas.

I went to Sams club the other day and bought Carnation instant breakfast essentials ... I just throw it in the blender with some fruit and non fat milk.. and it fills me up until lunch. This is just Breakfast.. I still have trouble with Lunch and dinner. I just eat what everyone else is eating but I disect it and eat the good stuff.. Like my mom made "caldo de pollo" yesterday.. I grabbed a bowl... left the potato out and grabbed some chicken breast and cut it into pieces..with zuchinni and made it a meal... I also had some steamed brown rice with it.

skim cheese sticks, and apple slices

chicken beast , grilled - you can keep it prepped, like cook several and keep them in the fridge, to pack

eggs- hard boiled can be premade and are easy to pack

tofu sliced, broiled with soy sauce and pam, can be eaten throughout the week

4 oz or more even of a live culture yogurt, activa is a common one. or I use light and fit for desserts cause it has no sugar.

turkey or chicken lunch meat, and lettuce and something like fat free cream cheese, or drained cottage cheese as a wrap.