Plastic Surgery @ OCC

lvmartin

It's been just over a week since my last plastics (brachioplasty & mastopexy/reduction w/silicone gel implants). Still swollen but happy with results so far! Am thinking of starting a new thread to recycle all of post surgery compression garments. Hoping to maybe recover some cost & help other plastics patients do the same.......

I did it! I'm one week post-op from tummy tuck with muscle repair and doing very well. I was about 12 pounds from goal (I'm at 152, goal = 140 lbs), haven't gained or lost much in the last week. I did not go to OCC for this, stuck closer to home. One thing I would warn folks is beware of what you read on the internet. I really had myself psyched that each phase of this would be harder and more painful than what I let myself believe because of what I read online. Maybe I just lucked out with a super great surgeon, but I feel great one week out. I'm still off work and have one drain that will go on Friday. Good luck to all that are going through the same process. So far, everything looks great and I am told when all is healed as it should it will look even better. All the best, Diana

Update:

Now 3 weeks post op, back to work one week already, and each day the results get better. Last drain was removed 2 wks ago and no pain meds since day 5 post op. This is truly the best decision I have made since my decision to get the lapband 5 years ago! Happy happy happy!!!

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

While here for my revision surgery, I got to meet Dr. Castillo. He was very personable and very professional. I personally talked to him concerning several issues I have and might elect to have done in the future. So far I have yet to hear any complaints from previous patients. And after talking to him I feel very comfortable that Dr. Ortiz has selected a quality Plastic Surgeon to represent the OCC. If you have any questions concerning Plastic Surgery, feel free to call the OCC and talk to Daniela, she's the The Ariel Center patient Coordinator.

• 2 months later...

I am seriously considering having post lap-band abdominoplasty and resculpting at the Ariel Center. I have had an initial consultation with Dr Lara but am finding little or no information otherwise. It seems that of the few postings on this subject, that the surgeons mentioned are no longer at the Ariel Center/OCC - Dr Castillo, for example. Any input from someone who's had the procedure with a current staff surgeon? Any reviews? Thank you

• 1 month later...

In October 2013 I had a Lower body lift procedure done by Dr. Castillo. I was so very impressed by him, not only his skills as a Plastic and Reconstructive surgeon, but also his bedside manner. He is very kind, caring and empathic. Everyone at OCC/Ariel Centre was so very good to me during my recovery. Equally impressive was Dr. Jimenez, who is very knowledgeable and skilled. I am still recovering from my surgery but will return to Dr. Castillo for the second stage of my post weight loss bariatric plastic procedures. Thank you to everyone and God Bless!

• 1 month later...

I was just wondering if anyone has had a breast augmentation done at the Ariel centre and are you happy with the results. I had wls in nov and am only have way to my goal but already my breasts look like deflated balloons. Sorry for the mental image. I know it's just gonna get worse for them. I am hoping my winter this year I will be able to have them done.

• 6 months later...

Im having a belt-lipectomy on Aug 2nd 2014, if all goes well , I will get a breast augmentation and inner thigh lift in 6-8 months. Getting the gastric sleeve was the best decision I couldve made. I went from a size 20-22 to a size 3-4 and am very comfortable with drinking over 8 glasses of water and eating 4-5 small meals a day.I no longer have diabetes or high blood pressure and all my blood tests are normal.Looking forward to next Saturday.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I had the belt-lipectomy on Aug 2nd 2014 with Dr Medina. He is the greatest, im still in the compression garment and hope to get the drains out soon, virtually no pain ( I also was very intimidated by al the online blogs about this procedure and had top watching "Botched" on cable or I may have changed my mind. But He is an excellent surgeon and the nurses Jazmin and Lily took very good care of me as well as the on call Dr whose name is Dr Limon.Im considering returning in about 8-12 months for a breast augmentation, lift , inner thigh lift and possible the upper arm lift.DR Medina was very precise in getting everything symmetrical and I would like him to do my next surgery so I hope he is still at the clinic whe I return. I got the gastric sleeve on Aug 2 2013 and my beginning weight at scheduling was 208, when I arrived for surgery it was 195 and now I fluctuate between 125 and 133 more or less. I have absolutely zero fat (I had also wanted the fat transfer to my derriere but I'll be happy with the no fat:)

My Birthday (48) fundraiser for Relay for Life at El Torito

Conkerr Cancer Karaoke fundraising event

Parasailing with BFF Darlene on Catalina Island May 18-22 2014

Me On cruise May 18-22 2014

At friends bridal shower june 8th 2014

So ready to spend New Years Eve in Times Square this New Years Rockin Eve celebration!

Please check out my pics , I will update in about a month or so.If you have any questions either ask here or send me a private message. Good Luck Everyone!PS I haven't drank alcohol since May of 2013 and I stick to the guidelines .As I want the best results possible. Remember if you Cheat you are only cheating yourself.

• 2 weeks later...

I plan to have tummy tuck, body contouring, possible breast lift and a neck lift at OCC soon. I go this Monday for a face to face consult with the Doctor. is it true that they will unfill my band? I am a little afraid of being sent home too early as I have no one to go with me or help me once I get home. any advise will be greatly appreciated :)

• 2 months later...

Today I'm at the OCC with Dr. Mendina, having plastic surgery to correct a couple complications from my Lower Body Lift done in 2008.

Let me bring you up to speed. I was lap-banded at the OCC in March 2007. I had great results and lost over 100lbs with it.

I LOVED MY LAP-BAND! Then a year and a half goes by, I decide to come to MX and have a lower body lift to get rid of all my excess skin.

Back in 2008 the OCC didn't have an "in house" plastic surgeon, so I choose another TJ plastic surgeon. It didn't turn out to my expectations and I've had small complications ever since. Last year in August, I had revision surgery from band to sleeve and I found out the OCC has a great plastic surgeon named Dr. Medina "in house". While here I talked to Dr. Medina and got his opinion on how to correct my complications from the lower body lift.

Today this is where I'm at, right here at the OCC getting "fixed" by Dr. Medina.

I haven't seen the results yet, I'm very swollen and black and blue. But he did his magic and removed some deep scar tissue and sutures that were giving me grief.

I'll keep everyone posted as to how things go in the next couple weeks.

Time to run,, heading to the Marriott.

• Like 1

Day 2,, everything is swollen, and I mean everything. lol. I got to take a shower last night and my new scar looks a lot better than the original scar from the lower body lift. Today Dr. Medina is going to check me and hopfully I get the ok to travel. I'm going to try to keep the drain in as long as possible to avoid having the same issues I had before this.

Day 3, still swollen, black and blue all over the groin area, but feeling good. Today I cross the border and spend the night in San Diego. Tomorrow I head home. Plastic surgery scar looks great. After all this swelling goes down I'll be able to see the results better.

Day 3, part 2.

I really didn't have much to report. It was a travel day from TJ to San Diego. I ended up meeting Ora, she's the Ariel Centers patient coordinator and her boyfriend for a wonderful lunch at Phil's BBQ near Sea World. If you ever have the free time to do some local sightseeing before and after visiting the OCC, Phil's BBQ is a must stop. Phil's was on the Food Networks Top 10 BBQ joints in the USA, and I can see why, it's really good.

Ora got a first hand visual experience on how a Sleeve/Band patient has to eat. You get a lot of food at Phil's, so I ended up taking half of my lunch back to the hotel. The hotel had a mini fridge/micro wave and I ended up eating the remainder the rest of the day. If you have been banded or have a sleeve, you know what I'm talking about. The rest of day was a take easy day.

Day 4, Travel day. Got up and checked out from hotel, jumped on a bus and trolley and headed to airport. Spent most of my day sitting on my butt in several airports and planes. It was a long day.

Did notice that my drain pump was working well and was collecting plenty of fluid. I'm going to try to keep this drain pump inside of me as long as possible.

Just call Ora at the Ariel Center and ask. 1-866-376-7849

One thing I can say, Cosmetic/Plastic surgery is a whole different ballgame. I've been through a Lap-band,, Sleeve Revision and a Lower Body Lift. The Lower Body Lift was "Brutal" compared to the other two. I had my LBL back in 2008 and I'm still shaking my head wondering if that was the smartest thing I had done.

Also,, Do your homework when it comes picking a procedure and a surgeon. There are a lot of bad plastic surgeons. I've named names here before. Just look into my past posts for that info.

• 2 weeks later...

Day 20, I still have a drain tube and reservoir. Still draining around 50cc's to 75cc's a day. I can tell it's slowing down compared to the first couple weeks of draining 100cc's a day. I feel good, but still swollen in the lower groin area, but it's getting better.

• 4 weeks later...

Congrats! I am looking forward to mine sometime this summer!

So you had your tummy tuck and your breasts done ... All in the same surgery! I thought I had to have 2 different surgeries for that! Now I'll have to go back to the table and ask more questions!

Congrats .... You are a role model for me!

Judy

• 1 year later...