Am I flying home too soon? How long were ya'll there?

Call me crazy, but I booked my flight based on the recommendations given but I can't help thinking I will be delayed and need to change my flight! Am I nuts or did you all really leave as scheduled? I fly in on Sunday afternoon, surgery Monday, R&R Tuesday with a flight home around noon on Wednesday. What do you guys think? My rationale brain says they wouldn't advise me to leave Wednesday if they didn't know what they were doing :)

The silly questions keep on coming....

Yolanda

No silly queries...that was the time fame I was on, and so was 2 other gals who had their surgery when I did. I did ask my cordinator to give my email address to others having surgery the same day I was asking them to email me as fellow surgery pals. I ended up corresponding with before and since our respective surgeries. All three of us had plicaiton. You'll do fine, who is your surgeon??? Keep your questions coming....................lol.....we all did too. K:)

I flew in on a Wed nite, and got to the hotel at midnight. I had surgery on Thursday, rested at the Lucerne on Friday (Slept most of the day) and flew home Saturday morning which all 3 other people who had surgery with me did. I did however buy the flight insurance which allowed me to change my flight for medical reasons if needed. it cost me $18 when I booked my flight. Also, OCC does not say on their website but when you are at OCC they have a phone next to your bed to make unlimited free calls to the US if you need to change your flight and call family.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having plication on Friday March 25th, flying in on Thursday early and flying out on Sunday around 10:00am. I'm in Missouri so its 4 hours flying time with a 1 hour layover....I did get a first class seat for the return trip. the phone at the bedside is great news, I wont ahve to burn up cell minutes on an international plan. I am traveling alone, tryng to figure out how quickly I can call and let everyone know I'm OK.

I'm staying thursday night at the Luceren and I requested 2 night at the hospital since I'm traveling alone....I really didnt want to drag my bag back to the Hotel.

Please Email me if you have any pertinent information garrydcobb@gmail.com.

Thanks,

Seagarr

I'm having plication on Friday March 25th, flying in on Thursday early and flying out on Sunday around 10:00am. I'm in Missouri so its 4 hours flying time with a 1 hour layover....I did get a first class seat for the return trip. the phone at the bedside is great news, I wont ahve to burn up cell minutes on an international plan. I am traveling alone, tryng to figure out how quickly I can call and let everyone know I'm OK.

I'm staying thursday night at the Luceren and I requested 2 night at the hospital since I'm traveling alone....I really didnt want to drag my bag back to the Hotel.

Please Email me if you have any pertinent information garrydcobb@gmail.com.

Thanks,

Seagarr

I had plication last Friday and flew home on Monday. There was one other plication patient with me, who had no trouble flying home on Sunday.

On a side note, there were three bands performed that same day, based on my observation, they seemed to recover better than myself and my fellow plication friend. As a case in point, one band patient flew home Saturday and another was feeling well enough to shop during the day after being discharged from the hospital. On the other hand, I had it pretty rough through the day of my return flight back home and even a couple of days thereafter. I'm only today starting to feel a little bit like myself again.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that everyone is different!

Because I live so far away (Anchorage Alaska) I have decided to stay in San Diego on the beach for 5 days after my surgery, in case I have any complications. But I am not expecting there to be any issues besides nausea and feeling like _______. I may be surprised and not have any issues but I rather be prepared and expect the worse and be surprised if my outcome is better. I appreciate all the people who have posted and let me know that they really felt poorly for a few days. It lets us know not to be worried when that happens.

Because I live so far away (Anchorage Alaska) I have decided to stay in San Diego on the beach for 5 days after my surgery, in case I have any complications. But I am not expecting there to be any issues besides nausea and feeling like _______. I may be surprised and not have any issues but I rather be prepared and expect the worse and be surprised if my outcome is better. I appreciate all the people who have posted and let me know that they really felt poorly for a few days. It lets us know not to be worried when that happens.

Yeah .. good idea!

San Diego weather is spectacular. You'll love it! :)

Yeah .. good idea!

San Diego weather is spectacular. You'll love it! :)

I just noticed we share the same birthday! I am 20 years older! I think just keeps getting better! Great Pictures and congrats on working so hard!