APRIL SURGERIES

This is the topic for those who are scheduling their surgery during the month of April. Posting in this topic gives you the chance to meet other patients that are going to be in TJ during this month. So lets hear from the soon to be Gastric Plication patients.

April 29th HERE!!!!! I am so excited, freaked, anxious, etc.... :wacko:

all the emotions are extremely normal, I think we all went through them. Congrats on the date

Scheduled for April 4th! it cant come soon enough!

Have only told a couple family members, how have some of you planned to tell your friends or family? Or do you plan to keep it to yourself?

I had only told a couple of very close relationships prior to going. Once I came home and it was apparent that I was really losing I was honest about how I did it. Just did not want to hear the negativity prior to going through with the event.

I tell everyone! That is just the person I am. The hardest was my hubby after that hurdle, I shout it from the rooftop if I can. I think that's my way of not being able to back out...lol!

Hi Everyone:

I am getting my plication on April 18th. The count down is on. I am trying to get as much information as possible here and from everyone. It also happens to be my birthday... What a gift!

Have only told a couple family members, how have some of you planned to tell your friends or family? Or do you plan to keep it to yourself?

You are exactly 2 weeks before me...yaaayy!! I am like you.. my immediate family knows, and my inner circle of friends. It it hard enough that I am doing the surgery and moreso that I am getting it done in Mexico. With all the mental play that is happening now intrinsically, I cannot take on anyone else's critiques.

How are you with preop? Have you started yet?

Hey Sheree! I have been bad and have not started pre-op! As I have a pretty stressfull job as a tax accountant and its tax season, I was going to start almost at the end of season. Your birthday is 2 days after mine (april 16th!) what a lovely gift isnt it!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I am scheduled for Gastric Plication on April 15...soo excited!! Just a few weeks! I'm still trying to wrap my brain around all of this...any words of wisdom from veterans for newbies like me?

I am 52. I live in Anchorage Alaska. My starting weight was 243, I am at 235 this morning. 5 pounds more to go before surgery. I am scheduled to have my surgery on Monday the 4th of April. I am reading everything I can at this stage on nutrition and really trying to make sure I do this in the healthiest way I can. I have been reading alot about the importance of isolate protein vs the concentrated protein. Has anyone found a shake that is mainly made up of isolates? Thanks and good luck to everyone!

I will be there on the 4th as well. I am Deanne from Alaska. I have told all my friends and family because I feel like no one can talk behind my back when I am out in the open with my plans. Plus, I am confident in my decision and know that we are going to a good facility with good physicians. I sometimes think Americans think we have the monopoly on good heathcare, but there are many good doctors outside the U.S. Once, I say that people don't give me the lecture on Mexico...LOL

Im scheduled for April 12.. I am nervous.. I just want this to work! I know that it is just a tool but I have been struggling with my weight my entire life and it is hard to imagine that this will work for me.. I have faith that it will!!

I had only told a couple of very close relationships prior to going. Once I came home and it was apparent that I was really losing I was honest about how I did it. Just did not want to hear the negativity prior to going through with the event.

April 1st TOMORROW!

6 more days.. nervous, excited.... does anyone know of anyone who has done the plication and are 6 + months out, I am getting last minute nervs and I really want to make sure that this will work for me.. I am really excited!!

April 1st TOMORROW!

Had my surgery now into one week of progress the weight is coming off...things are going very well for those who are almost ready for their surgery. I do have a lot of gas so any suggestions is so welcomed...what causes it?

Hi Everybody.

I'm scheduled for april 22 for gastric band, however, I'm having second thoughts and i'm thinking of maybe switching to gastric plication???

I'm afraid though, about potential complications of plication...

Anybody that could share their experience?

I'll be forever thankful :)

I just had the plication last monday April 4th, so far no complications, I was up and walking within an hour of the operation. First 24 hours is the toughest, mostly becuase of gas pains. I have not had any pains from the surgery and am now onto yogurts, sugarfree puddings, jello, and even had some cottage cheese. I am amazed at how I am not really hungry and can cure any hunger with a sip of juice or protein shake. As far as complications with plication vs the band, I went with plication becuase I didnt want to keep up on fills, or find a place to have it done for a ridiculous price. Also two of my neighbors are bandsters and strongly suggested the sleeve, however they were not aware of the plication. I am confident that I have made the right decision, on my day of operation there were 4 of us that got plication and two that got the sleeve. So far I am down 25 lbs including pre-op loss.

Hello

post-operative risks are possible for each bariatric surgery. I personally would not go to the band because it is dangerously thin with much worse and slower. and is at its highest number of failures. I have friends with the band and are not satisfied, in essence, even though they still hungry. In addition, must be filling a silicone ring, and another thing is the port under the skin, too unpleasant ... Well, it's up to you, just write that I did not go to the band.

Hi Sarah,

Well, today was YOUR day! I've said a little prayer for a speedy recovery for you. I was just going thru all of the topics on the plication forum as I'm getting nervous (and I don't even have a date yet!) and I saw your post and realized you are there right now recovering. I hope you are feeling alright and that you are happy with your decision.

I look forward to seeing more of your posts for the post-op situation...

Again, best of luck,

Feather

I had the sleeve on the 4th of April. Since I was going to be there longer I decided to get my eyelids done. The funny part is my eyes hurt worse. All and all it was a great experience and I am down 17 pounds total. Feel great and k.ow this will save my life and give me my health back . Loved meeting.g our friends from Victoria