Fill dr in Mo

I have finally found a doctor that is willing to do fills here in Missouri. Fills Centers USA is outrageous, I could just fly back to Mexico for the crazy prices they are charging. All of the doctors that I called said that they will not see a patient banded in mexico due to liability issues. So I finally found Dr Malley from Malley Surgical Center which is close to Kansas City. He will see patients banded in mexico and his fees were very reasonable - much much much cheaper than Fill Centers USA, he also does his fills under flouroscopy, and will attempt to bill your insurance. I have my first visit with him May 2nd and am really excited. Has anyone else ever been to him?

I have finally found a doctor that is willing to do fills here in Missouri. Fills Centers USA is outrageous, I could just fly back to Mexico for the crazy prices they are charging. All of the doctors that I called said that they will not see a patient banded in mexico due to liability issues. So I finally found Dr Malley from Malley Surgical Center which is close to Kansas City. He will see patients banded in mexico and his fees were very reasonable - much much much cheaper than Fill Centers USA, he also does his fills under flouroscopy, and will attempt to bill your insurance. I have my first visit with him May 2nd and am really excited. Has anyone else ever been to him?

I went to Dr. Malley initially before I found out my insurance wouldn't cover lapband. I paid for a consultation with him out of pocket which in turn he billed to my insurance and they pd for that. I ended up going to Dr. Ortiz because of the expense, and when I returned Dr.Malley's office stated they would not see me because I had a consultation with him but didn't use him. So I was pretty upset with that. On a positive note though, I go to the More of Life Weight Loss Surgical Center in Overland Park, KS. They have a PA there "Mitch", and he is AWESOME!!!! I do my fills under fluoroscopy and they bill my insurance. My insurance will not pay for the actual fill part, but they pay a portion of the fluoroscopy and my office visit fee. I know cash patients get fills under fluoroscopy for I believe $150. So just wanted to throw that out there in case you ever decide you aren't happy with the Malley office. Also, the have another center at the Independence Center in Independence, MO.

Good luck with everything!!!

Angela

I went to Dr. Malley initially before I found out my insurance wouldn't cover lapband. I paid for a consultation with him out of pocket which in turn he billed to my insurance and they pd for that. I ended up going to Dr. Ortiz because of the expense, and when I returned Dr.Malley's office stated they would not see me because I had a consultation with him but didn't use him. So I was pretty upset with that. On a positive note though, I go to the More of Life Weight Loss Surgical Center in Overland Park, KS. They have a PA there "Mitch", and he is AWESOME!!!! I do my fills under fluoroscopy and they bill my insurance. My insurance will not pay for the actual fill part, but they pay a portion of the fluoroscopy and my office visit fee. I know cash patients get fills under fluoroscopy for I believe $150. So just wanted to throw that out there in case you ever decide you aren't happy with the Malley office. Also, the have another center at the Independence Center in Independence, MO.

Good luck with everything!!!

Angela

Wow, this is great info Angela, thank you so much! I am dissapointed that the soones Malley could get me in was May 2nd, and they just called me to bump that out even more. I want my fill now! I'll check out the More of Life Center, I appreciate the recommendation!