Foods to steer clear of for a while

trcousins

I know that fibrous vegetables are not workable at all after surgery because they can become trapped in the stoma created during the installment of the lapband. Sweet potatoes, celery, asparagus, corn, dried fruit, oranges are some of those foods, as well as popcorn, fruits with seeds, tomatoes, sesame seeds. Did I miss anything?

I know that fibrous vegetables are not workable at all after surgery because they can become trapped in the stoma created during the installment of the lapband. Sweet potatoes, celery, asparagus, corn, dried fruit, oranges are some of those foods, as well as popcorn, fruits with seeds, tomatoes, sesame seeds. Did I miss anything?

I think this is one of those times when we're all different. I'm able to easily eat all of the foods you mention on the list. My favourite snack at the moment is celery stick with thinly sliced ceddar cheese. I use my potato peeler to slice the cheese paper-thin. On the other hand - bread is fast becoming my enemy. Ouch!

I think this is one of those times when we're all different. I'm able to easily eat all of the foods you mention on the list. My favourite snack at the moment is celery stick with thinly sliced ceddar cheese. I use my potato peeler to slice the cheese paper-thin. On the other hand - bread is fast becoming my enemy. Ouch!

I know what you mean, I've been steering clear of white or soft bread. I've read in multiple places that it can swell and maybe block my band opening. I'm not even risking that at this point. Have you tried small amounts of high quality whole grain bread? It provides great nutrition and fiber.

I know what you mean, I've been steering clear of white or soft bread. I've read in multiple places that it can swell and maybe block my band opening. I'm not even risking that at this point. Have you tried small amounts of high quality whole grain bread? It provides great nutrition and fiber.

I use a half of a whole grain thinwich when I am really wanting a bread like item. toasted it makes a delicious open sandwich.

There is a list of foods you'll be introduced to slowly, after your lapband surgery.

Please review it carefully.

As for after the liquid, and mush phase, I eat all of the foods you listed.

Minus popcorn (no real nutritional value).

I don't eat bread of any kind, as it's very uncomfortable.