Green Drinks for nutrition

trcousins

Has anyone considered greens in a shake or drink? It comes in powdered form and mixes well with fruit juice, protein powder or just water. Greens are very nutritious and wheat grass, which is usually in the mix, has the same chemical composition as human blood. So, it's easily recognized and absorbed into the system. Suprisingly enough, greens have a sweet taste to them.

• 2 weeks later...

******Question........I tried the Green+ and nearly didn't make it to the loo in time........came right back up...great gag reflex.............anyone got a suggestion for another brand that is more palitable??? I've had the same problem with protein shakes, so far I've successfully kept down is Slim Fast(have tried 6 other brands), and hope eventually to find one which has more protein than 13gms. Any suggestions on that front would be helpful too.

******Question........I tried the Green+ and nearly didn't make it to the loo in time........came right back up...great gag reflex.............anyone got a suggestion for another brand that is more palitable??? I've had the same problem with protein shakes, so far I've successfully kept down is Slim Fast(have tried 6 other brands), and hope eventually to find one which has more protein than 13gms. Any suggestions on that front would be helpful too.

To be perfectly honest, none of them taste awesome.

They're the sort of thing you get used to ... think about the nutritional value, rather than the taste.

That usually curbs the gag that i might get on a more gritty brand.

You could also try adding a tsp of all natural peanut butter in with it, along with a quarter of a banana.

That often cuts any really terrible taste.

Hey Lindsay..............the Green+, so far I've found it in just a powder........do you know if it comes in a liquid as im pre mixed???

and where is the most likely place I would look for it, rather than buying it online...........would say a GNC carry it and does the brand matter???? Thanks K:)

Hey Lindsay..............the Green+, so far I've found it in just a powder........do you know if it comes in a liquid as im pre mixed???

and where is the most likely place I would look for it, rather than buying it online...........would say a GNC carry it and does the brand matter???? Thanks K:)

I believe it only comes in a powder form, but here's a good trick.

Add 1 c. Almond Milk (for a bit of a 'creamy' texture, without the calories of dairy)

1/2c frozen strawberries

1/4c frozen banana's ..

and then your scoop of powder.

Blend in a mixer (I use a single shot Magic Bullet) with 2 ice cubes and a smidgen of Splenda.

And I promise you, you'll LOVE it! :)

I'm not crazy about the nutrient breakdown of GNC labeled products. I'd personally stay away from them.

I find that store in general, to be ridiculously overpriced, and the brands they generally carry aren't very good ...

I believe Costco, and Walmart would carry the Greens+ product line .. maybe even your pharmacy would.

I'm not that familiar with the stores in the US, as I'm in Canada. :)

Right now, I'm using the Genuine Health line of products (same as the Greens+) -- I don't particularly enjoy the taste/texture of this protein, but it has a really good amount of everything I need -- It's called Proteins+

Here's the company website:

http://www.genuinehealth.com/

I'm sure you could email them, and get a list of stores that carry it near you.

As another option, I would highly recommend this line of protein powder.

It's the best, IMHO.

http://www.trueprotein.com/

It really does depend on what you're looking for. :)

But I hope this helps!

Okay what is IMHO??? And I'm in Canada in the Lower Mainland of BC.........Picked it up when I was in Washington a few weeks ago.but had it returned for me already...but with the recipe, I'll buy some more and give it a try again. So Costco or Walmart then>????[..............oh can the protein shakes say from trueprotein.com be doctored the same as say the recipe for the Green+??? K:)

Okay what is IMHO??? And I'm in Canada in the Lower Mainland of BC.........Picked it up when I was in Washington a few weeks ago.but had it returned for me already...but with the recipe, I'll buy some more and give it a try again. So Costco or Walmart then>????[..............oh can the protein shakes say from trueprotein.com be doctored the same as say the recipe for the Green+??? K:)

You won't need to do much to the protein from true protein, as you can get it sweetened, and they have a million flavours to pick from.

(i like the vanilla the best, as you can do whatever you want with that base ... ie. add peanut butter & cocoa, make it a fruit smoothie by adding a few frozen strawberries, ect)

Greens+ is a different product -- What exactly are you looking for?

A nutrient supplement, or specifically a protein supplement?

As I mentioned before ... remember you're really eating for fuel now.

Not so much taste, so really consider what you're putting in your system rather than the taste of it ;)

I'm not sure if Greens+ is avail at either of those places in Canada, as I haven't stepped foot in either in a long time!

But I know it's avail readily in BC!

Mostly I'd like to insure I am getting enough protein each day. I had my blood work done less than a month ago and everything was really good. I would take from that I am getting my supplements. Even tho I have read their entire web page, maybe I don't fully understand when drinking Green+ is recommended. K:)

Mostly I'd like to insure I am getting enough protein each day. I had my blood work done less than a month ago and everything was really good. I would take from that I am getting my supplements. Even tho I have read their entire web page, maybe I don't fully understand when drinking Green+ is recommended. K:)

I don't use the "Green+", but I use their other products, such as the protein powder. GREAT product.