Considering Plastic Surgery?

Dolittle

As WLS patients, after we reach our goal, some of us think about how we look with all the excess skin hanging on our frame. Some of us don't look that bad, but like me, it was pretty scary. So we look into having Body Lifts, Breast Reduction, Breast Lifts, Thigh and Butt lifts, Lipo, etc, etc, the list goes on. As you know, some of us have had Plastic Surgery and have posted our experiences with certain procedures and certain Plastic Surgeons. I just want to inform Forum members that you really need to do your HOMEWORK before deciding on a Plastic Surgery procedure and a surgeon. "ESPECIALLY A SURGEON! I can say that there have been several surgeons mentioned here at the forum over the years. But things change, Some have got sloppy, some don't care and some have not continued to stay current with new techniques. Some of those surgeons that were doing nice work several years back, I wouldn't recommend anymore. I can say with the currant economic conditions, plastic surgery prices have come down and can be comparable to anywhere in the world. Also, If your going out of your own country you need consider other costs associated with your surgery, like airfare, hotel expenses and cost of recovery. But,, number 1, do your homework about the surgeon and the surgical facility he works out of. If you find any negitive postings on the Internet from previous patients, there's probably a dozen more patients that haven't posted their negitive results. There's a lot of good plastic surgeons out there, but, there's starting to be a lot of bad surgeons out there.

"DO YOUR HOMEWORK"!

• 1 month later...

Totally agree. We are lucky as there are alot of great Plastic Surgey options in TJ as well and we can meet them when we are down for our weightloss surgery. I will be down this week and will meet with Dr. So on Sat for Botox ...let me know if you have any questions for them!!

Donna

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

In October I had to make another trip back to Cosmed to have a deep suture removed. This is the third time this has happened. It's getting to be a big "pain in the butt" and a major inconvenience. I'm thinking I would have been money and time ahead if I would have went with a plastic surgeon closer to home. But, back when I decided to have the lower body lift, not many surgeons had any experience with WLS patients. Times are changing, with lap-banding, gastric by-pass surgery and other WLS's more common in the USA, plastic surgeons in the USA are more experienced. I have come to the conclusion that unless you live close to or in Southern California and can come and go to TJ, I suggest finding a plastic surgeon closer to your home. Time and travel expenses can eat up any savings you'll get if you have any complications from the plastic surgery.

• Like 2

• 3 years later...

The OCC has Dr. Medina, a great Plastic Surgeon on board. I've personally haven't heard or seen anything negative concerning his plastic surgery skills. When it comes time for all of us that have had WLS and are thinking about having all that excess skin removed, consider the OCC.

http://www.people.com/article/rosie-mercado-weight-loss-skin-removal-surgeries?xid=socialflow_facebook_peoplemag

• 2 weeks later...

If anybody has had batwings removed at OCC, I would like to hear how it went. It's something I've considered a few times during my life, but the long scar is hardly worth it to me. I have put it off, waiting to hear that they can now trim and pull to the armpit for a scar there. (no news like this yet) I need a mini tuck, only for the upper most arm. I am converting band to sleeve next month, so the cart is in front of the horse for now, but the time will come soon when I'm hating that part of my body again.

Judy