Plastic Surgery @the OCC

Lindsay

3 doctors later and still hasn't caught on. hmmm I scheduled with Dr. Campos Leon in Tijuana after tons of research. Wasn't happy with the "caliber" of doctors OCC has been hiring.

Hi,

I have had extensive plastics done in TJ but none yet with the OC. That said I will look at what they offer while I am down there for my plication the end of the month.

If you have questions - please email me and I am happy to chat about what I have done..

DonnaC in Seattle

I know this is a relatively new service offered at the OCC - looking for those who have had it done there.

Any/all info/feedback would be appreciated!

Like I posted in another topic just recently, my opinion is that you really need to do your homework when it comes to plastic surgery. There's a lot of good surgeons and there's a lot of bad ones too. With the economy the way it is here in the states, plastic surgery prices have come down. I know the girls up in the Seattle area have talked highly of Dr.Nyte.

I know patients that have had good luck with Mexican surgeons Dr. Campos and Dr. Quiroz, but in turn I know there has been problems with these two also.

As far as Dr Mendez goes, there's only been a few OCC patients that have used him. So far I haven't heard any complaints.

The big concern for me is,,, is the costs of coming to Mexico going to out weigh the cost of a good local plastic surgeon? An example would be adding up all the expense to come to Mexico. Airfare isn't so cheap anymore, costs of recovery add up too. Then, if you have any complications after surgery, you have to fly back to Mexico. I remember with my lower body lift, I had to come back to Quiroz twice after surgery for stitches trying to migrate out. So there's two more round trip airline tickets to San Diego I didn't count on, plus overnight hotel expenses. I'm not trying to say that you'd have problems, but you never know.

As far as Dr. Ortiz recommending Dr. Mendez. Dr O runs a tight ship, he knows and is friends with a lot of plastic surgeons in TJ. Dr. O isn't going to send any of his patients to someone he doesn't know will do a good job. With Dr. O going with Mendez, this should tell you about the other plastic surgeons in TJ.

If I had it to do over again??? I'd probably stay closer to home. If you have a really great surgeon close to home,, and the price is close,, I'd be thinking. But this is my opinion. But,,"DO YOUR HOMEWORK"

I have to disagree with you on the costing for plastic surgery in the US and others places. Having had a fair amount done and researching a bit more - the costs in Mexico (that is my place of choice) are 1/2 to 1/3 of what you pay in the US. Even adding in the travel, time in Mexico it was still a deal that I could not have afforded here in the US.

Doing your research is critical. Talk to folks who have had it done (not folks who have heard about it). Ask for pics too!

I would be happy to chat with anyone on this subject....and am looking forward to chatting with the docs at OCC the end of this month..

DonnaC in Seattle

I have to disagree with you on the costing for plastic surgery in the US and others places. Having had a fair amount done and researching a bit more - the costs in Mexico (that is my place of choice) are 1/2 to 1/3 of what you pay in the US. Even adding in the travel, time in Mexico it was still a deal that I could not have afforded here in the US.

Doing your research is critical. Talk to folks who have had it done (not folks who have heard about it). Ask for pics too!

I would be happy to chat with anyone on this subject....and am looking forward to chatting with the docs at OCC the end of this month..

DonnaC in Seattle

My wife is a OCC lapband patient and is almost to goal. She has done her homework and is choosen a plastic surgeon in the Chicago area. We live 3 hours West of Chicago. This PS surgeon was tied in to great lap band doctor named Dr. Watkins. He has lots of experiance with weight loss patients and has a great reputation. From what I paid 2 years ago for my LBL at Cosmed, staying at a recovery house in TJ, airfare, etc, and now comparing it to todays prices,,, I think my wife will end up saving money compared to my surgery. I'm not counting my two extra trips to Cosmed to have the small complications repaired.

Now, my opinion is that you can get great plastic surgery prices in the USA if you look for it. You just got to beat the bushes to find it. After my wife has her PS, I'll post info concerning her progress and results.

If I was to choose a Mexican PS surgeon knowing what I know today about certain plastic surgeons in TJ, I'd be looking at the OCC and Dr. Mendez and not looking at any others in TJ. Like I said, some PS surgeons in TJ have dropped the ball and have been getting numerous complaints. Just be very careful, do the homework.

I've been in touch with the OCC regarding the re-placement of my port, as it's really bothering me ... I need to get it placed much deeper, as it's rubbing against my ribs terribly.

I found they (OCC) really pushed the 'in-house' plastic surgery, as I mentioned a tummy tuck may be in my future ....

I had a feeling there was something up, as I'd never heard of ANYONE in this forum, going with the OCC for cosmetic surgery.

They also offered me a discount, if I brought a friend for surgery too.

Total turn off.

This is surgery. Not Payless Shoes!

I felt this really cheapened the product & service, and really left a bad taste in my mouth.

This isn't something I'm rushing into, as this is a very big deal for me; not so much from a financial standpoint, but of course, I don't want just anyone touching & cutting into my body.

Thank you everyone, as if you'd like to keep this conversation off of forum, please feel free to PM me directly! :)

LoL I thought I was the only one who had problems with the port placement - the more weight I lost the bigger the port appeared and started rubbing against everything I leaned up against.

As for the OC plastics surgery - I think it's a new service and as typical they are trying to promote the service as well as give the patients a good deal. That's not uncommon but I agree - it's more about the doctors - and you can only determine that by chatting with them. AND seeing the work they have done.

I don't think I want to do too much comparision shopping to get the best deal on plastic surgery..it is more about the doctor's skill to me.

One thing is for sure - you can trust OC to offer you safe, professional services...

DonnaC in Seattle

I've been in touch with the OCC regarding the re-placement of my port, as it's really bothering me ... I need to get it placed much deeper, as it's rubbing against my ribs terribly.

I found they (OCC) really pushed the 'in-house' plastic surgery, as I mentioned a tummy tuck may be in my future ....

I had a feeling there was something up, as I'd never heard of ANYONE in this forum, going with the OCC for cosmetic surgery.

They also offered me a discount, if I brought a friend for surgery too.

Total turn off.

This is surgery. Not Payless Shoes!

I felt this really cheapened the product & service, and really left a bad taste in my mouth.

This isn't something I'm rushing into, as this is a very big deal for me; not so much from a financial standpoint, but of course, I don't want just anyone touching & cutting into my body.

Thank you everyone, as if you'd like to keep this conversation off of forum, please feel free to PM me directly! :)

When I had my Lower body lift, my plastic surgeon moved my port one layer deeper, it's now against my ab muscles.

The OCC just started offering Plastic Surgery this year. I really don't know what procedures they are doing or the prices.

So this might be why the personal at the clinic might be making the big sales push. I do know that there are several OCC patients that have had some major work done, if you could find out who they are and talk to them, this could be some help in making your decision concerning who to go with.

Also,, if someone at the OCC seems too pushy or rude,, call Lori and tell her what happened or email Dr. Ortiz,, he does read his email.

I actually googled "Dr. Mendez Tijuana" and found NOTHING. Red flag for me:)I was hoping to find tons of awesome comments about his thriving PS business and how he was relocating to Dr. Ortiz office. But NOTHING!

LoL I thought I was the only one who had problems with the port placement - the more weight I lost the bigger the port appeared and started rubbing against everything I leaned up against.

As for the OC plastics surgery - I think it's a new service and as typical they are trying to promote the service as well as give the patients a good deal. That's not uncommon but I agree - it's more about the doctors - and you can only determine that by chatting with them. AND seeing the work they have done.

I don't think I want to do too much comparision shopping to get the best deal on plastic surgery..it is more about the doctor's skill to me.

One thing is for sure - you can trust OC to offer you safe, professional services...

DonnaC in Seattle

Hey Donna,

While I agree, the OCC is a wonderful clinic, I don't think the plastic surgery they offer can be compared to the lapband (and other bariatric options) they offer.

The doctors are very unknown, and we have yet to see ANY of the work they've done.

I'm an OCC patient myself, so I agree with you regarding the professionalism of the clinic.

When I had my Lower body lift, my plastic surgeon moved my port one layer deeper, it's now against my ab muscles.

The OCC just started offering Plastic Surgery this year. I really don't know what procedures they are doing or the prices.

So this might be why the personal at the clinic might be making the big sales push. I do know that there are several OCC patients that have had some major work done, if you could find out who they are and talk to them, this could be some help in making your decision concerning who to go with.

Also,, if someone at the OCC seems too pushy or rude,, call Lori and tell her what happened or email Dr. Ortiz,, he does read his email.

Doolittle, not that they were rude or pushy, I just didn't like the style of sales. Price and discount is NOT going to make my decision easier! ;)

If anything, it's made me take them off my list all together.

Doolittle, not that they were rude or pushy, I just didn't like the style of sales. Price and discount is NOT going to make my decision easier! ;)

If anything, it's made me take them off my list all together.

I work with 2 differnt plastic surgeons in canada, and i agree its not just the cost but how comfortable they make you feel and the quality in their work :)

Where in Canada are you?

I'm in Toronto!

Im in hamilton

It can be hard to do research on surgeons in Tijuana - really the only ones that are easy to find on an internet search are those with advertising dollars or with a huge US or Canadian following - that's just how it works, unless you search google mexico, sometimes its easier to find there. There are many great doctors in Mexico - in fact we refer to them for many things. Cardiologists, Cancer treatment, infertility, "female" surgeries. You won't find many of them on the internet, because they don't advertise that way, but Dr. Ortiz only refers out to the best. He only works with other doctors that have high standards, just like Dr.Ortiz has high standards. When it comes to anything to do with patient care, if he can find something better, whether it be new sterilization equipment or surgery tools, anesthesia, that's what he uses. The same goes for cosmetic surgery. If he finds someone that is better, that's who he'll work with. We still work with Dr. Mendez, but we use Dr. Castillo for specific body contouring procedures, especially after weight loss. In fact, I have been putting off having my tummy tuck for years now, because I just never had that comfort level until now. I am planning my extensive tummy tuck with liposculpture the end of June or first part of July! Dr. Castillo is amazing and very cautious and extremely detail oriented! I will be having my surgeries in 2 steps, because the tummy tuck is extensive, I'll go back to have the breast lift/augmentation at a later date. Its ALL about safety and quality, just like with Dr. Ortiz.

We never push anybody into plastic surgery, but of course, of course, of course... if you mention you are considering it, we want to make sure you know that we can handle it in house, in a hospital you know, with an anesthesiologist that you know (SUPER IMPORTANT, too!) in a Centers of Excellence facility! Why wouldn't we tell you that? And of course if you bring someone with you and share the room... we'll give you a better price.

Any questions on cosmetics? Call Cindy 1-866-376-7849 ext. 85 or email cindy@thearielcenter.com . She'll ask you to email her some pictures so she can have the doctor review and get you pricing... simple :)

• 3 weeks later...

Good luck with your surgeries Lori. I love everyone over at the OCC, they are all amazing and caring. I am trying to find more information or reveiws on Dr. Castillo's work. Do you happen to know where I can find some? I am interested in having a tummy tuck as well.

All the best.

I had my plastic done at OCC in November and I LOVE my results, I had a tummy tuck, liposculpture, brazillian butt lift and breast implants. I am very satisfied next is my thigh and arm lift. Ill be posting some pics!!!

I had my plastic done at OCC in November and I LOVE my results, I had a tummy tuck, liposculpture, brazillian butt lift and breast implants. I am very satisfied next is my thigh and arm lift. Ill be posting some pics!!!

LV-

Did you do that all at once? How sore were you? How does your belly button look? the butt thing, I've always thought I certainly don't need a bigger butt, but am curious to hear what your thoughts are with how they re-positioned the fat.

Thanks

STephni

• 1 month later...

Anybody had post weight loss surgery done by Dr Castillo Calderon? I'm looking into a thigh lift and possibly more but am unable to find much info. I had my lap band done by Dr Ortiz and wish I could feel as fully confident with another procedure by a different surgeon.

Any insight would be very much appreciated. Any photos out there?

Thanks a bunch

• 1 month later...

Can you advise who your Dr is and if its not too inappropriate, approximately how much it cost ?

Thank you ! Congratulations !

Lisa