Tummy Tuck

Cavrona

I just had my tummy tuck and breast reduction done on Friday. I originally expected to have a tummy tuck, lipo on my abdomen and inner and outer thighs and brazillian butt lift. But we had a change of plans and truthfully, I couldn't be happier. I have horrible anxiety issues and was very anxious on my way down. But I had planned to have this done for quite some time now. I just kept telling myself, I would go to sleep, wake up and start my road to recovery. But it has been so much better than I ever thought. Everyone at OCC has been wonderful, again :-)

My procedure went very smoothly. I was scheduled to have it done at 2 in the afternoon. I came to OCC around noon and sat in the waiting room for a little while. Then, I got called back for my blood tests and to start my IV. Then I saw Dr. Jimenez for my EKG and lung test. It was of course just like when I was here to get my band done. I then met with Dr. Castillo to go over my procedure and to do my markings. I was also happy to find that Dr. So would be assisting in my surgery as well.

I found that I have much more loose skin than I thought and I will need to have a thigh lift to help that area, lipo will not give me the results I am looking for. So instead of doing that I decided to do just the tummy tuck and breast reduction.

Dr Castillo is awesome. He is very friendly and has a nice bedside manner. I had gone to some other consults in my city where I immediately did not care for the Dr's manner. He is very personable and was very patient in discussing all of my options and the bizillion questions I had. I have been mostly asking Cindy and Linda all of my questions.

Then I was in the OR and I was so scared I started shaking. Dr sanmiguel is amazing. He gave me a shot in my IV and in a few seconds the shaking stopped and I felt more relaxed.

One of my biggest concerns was getting an epidural for the procedure. I have had 3already every time I was pregnant and the idea of them freaks me out. So I knew it was coming and he asked me to lay on my side and curl in a fetal position. I asked one of the nurses Andrea if she would hold my hand cause I'm a big baby with that stuff. She was very comforting and I couldn't help it but I know I was squeezing her poor fingers all together. I just kept saying I'm scared and I know the needle pinch is coming, I said this a few times and the he said ok it's done. I felt the small pinch of a local..did not feel any of the epidural. I was like wow...it's done? Wow!!!! Then he laid me on my back and the next thing I remember, I was waking up in my room and it was over.

I woke up very clear headed, not groggy at all. And I was not in pain. I have had some discomfort but amazingly I have not had any of the pain I thought I would. I was walking a little while after I got up, then they took my bandages off and WOW!!! My front butt is gone and I can see a nice silhouette shape in my waist and the girls are perky and not looking at the floor all the time LOL

I came back to the Lucerna and I have been walking around, still a little hunched over. A few days I think before I'll be able to straighten up. I do not like the compression garments though. I have 2. One for my tummy that goes from my lower thighs to under my breasts. And then one for my breasts. It feels like I'm wearing a super small bra. I will keep posting on my recovery :)

I had my surgery Friday and I am staying until weds. I am comfortable moving around. Walking a bit hunched over still but that's normal and not painful. I have not had really any pain, just some discomfort where the drains are. But I am taking my pain meds twice a day for now. I don't feel drugged or loopy just normal, which is great, I can't wait for the drains to come out cause I'm just walking around the hotel holding my thing...what people must think..I was at OCC today talking with several people in the lobby, I got to see Dr. Ortiz and visit a bit. I go walking around the hotel and I sit and watch tv. Laying down is a bit difficult I have to have my sons help me by picking me up to move me to a lie down position and they have to help me up too. We asked for a lot of pillows from the hotel and we put them in the chair to make it more comfortable cause I've slept there more in a sitting position. Can't wait to get home to my recliner :) I dont think the plane ride is going to be difficult at all.

No pain, ever.. Just discomfort where the left drain is. The tubing is pulling on the stitch a little and it creates a burning sensation. So I am constantly adding gauze to try to reposition and cushion around the tube. it's just irritating. But no pain in my breast area I forget they even got done. And no pain in my tummy or at my incision line. It's been great!

there are measurements on the squishy part where the drain tubes empty into...I don't know what that thing is called, but all the fluid is sucked into it. When it measures under 150 for 24 hours, i should be able to have the drains taken out. This morning it was still at 250. So I'm stuck with my tail for a few more days LOL. I am going to my regular family doctor to have the drains removed.

Thank you for posting on your successful PS journey. I am so interested in your posts--we were banded around the same time with the same amount of weight to lose. I have had two consults for tummy tuck locally, both of which the surgeon has told me that I would be the first lapband WLS patient. That does not thrill me, so I have seriously been considering going back to OCC for surery. So glad to hear that your stay in MX was days, not weeks. My local physician that works with my fills has agreed to help me with any drains or stitches, if need be. Thank you for posting on your progress. For all of us out here that are working through the decision process, it is so helpful. All the best to you.

Diana

HI Diana,

I remember reading alot of your posts from being banded. I am so glad I went back for my tummy tuck. I was anxious about being away from home, but I don't regret it at all. I wanted to stay for the week because I wanted to be there if I needed anything right after. I was not comfortable going home earlier. Everything went very smooth. If I can answer any questions for you, let me know. I will keep updating on my recovery :)

I am doing well, my drains are out. It was very easy and painless. and I do not seem to have any seeping going on. Glad I no longer have a tail following me around LOL. I have just been at home, resting, walking around but taking it easy. I am bored and ready to get back to work but I am off until the 26th. I don't want to rush back into anything too soon but I really feel great. Today it has been 2 weeks since surgery. The tapes are starting to peel off and I am starting to see the incision line. It looks very nice..I can't wait for all the tapes to come off.

Thank you, I am so glad I could help you :) I would love to hear about your experience as well. When I was trying to make my decision, no had had really been posting information or their experience from Plastic Surgery at OCC except for Linda and Lori. I asked them soo many questions. I have no regrets on my decision and truthfully, it was just as good of a decision as getting my band was. When I went to have my drains removed, I was reminded of how crappy our healthcare system is here, and how shitty they treat people. I wish we had more clinics like OCC here. My husband actually removed my drains. Dr. So walked him through it over the phone. No one in Las Vegas would touch me. I have had the same family Dr. for 20 years and he does not do procedures like that in his office. My fill Dr from Fills centers USA was like No way, I called every urgent/Quick care center and they all were like no, sorry, don't even know where to refer you to except the emergency room. I waited 8 hours n the emergency room for the Dr to tell me they know nothing about surgical drains. REALLY????? They referred me to a surgical center who told me their Dr's won't touch another surgeons work. Too much of a liability.It was something that literally took 2 minutes. My husband cut the 1 stitch and pulled each tube slowly. And they were out. It was quick and painless and simple. I am still really frustrated and irritated from the whole headache of the run around. ARGHHH sorry, I guess I'm just venting a little, but it makes me sooo happy I did not have my surgery here.

Thank you, I am so glad I could help you :) I would love to hear about your experience as well. When I was trying to make my decision, no had had really been posting information or their experience from Plastic Surgery at OCC except for Linda and Lori. I asked them soo many questions. I have no regrets on my decision and truthfully, it was just as good of a decision as getting my band was. When I went to have my drains removed, I was reminded of how crappy our healthcare system is here, and how shitty they treat people. I wish we had more clinics like OCC here. My husband actually removed my drains. Dr. So walked him through it over the phone. No one in Las Vegas would touch me. I have had the same family Dr. for 20 years and he does not do procedures like that in his office. My fill Dr from Fills centers USA was like No way, I called every urgent/Quick care center and they all were like no, sorry, don't even know where to refer you to except the emergency room. I waited 8 hours n the emergency room for the Dr to tell me they know nothing about surgical drains. REALLY????? They referred me to a surgical center who told me their Dr's won't touch another surgeons work. Too much of a liability.It was something that literally took 2 minutes. My husband cut the 1 stitch and pulled each tube slowly. And they were out. It was quick and painless and simple. I am still really frustrated and irritated from the whole headache of the run around. ARGHHH sorry, I guess I'm just venting a little, but it makes me sooo happy I did not have my surgery here.

I ended up removing my drains too. It's a very simple procedure.

Hey Christi--so sorry to hear about your drain drama. What a pain in the neck!! You are exactly right, the system here is based on so much fear of litigation, it actually interferes with getting good and timely care. I'd better check with my hubby to see if he is up to potentially helping me with any of this. They had to give him oxygen in the delivery room after he cut the umbilical cord for one of our kids--haha. I viewed your pictures in the gallery. Really smooth and beautiful--congratulations. Could I ask you--how did you manage the drain "tail" on the airplane? Were you able to conceal it in your clothing? We took some pics today, so I think I'm ready to start the ball rolling. Like you have mentioned, nervous and excited at the prospect of getting this process started, just like with the lapband. Thank you again for all of your info.

Taking the drain tubes out was super easy and not a big deal deal at all, which really makes me angrier at those doctors.Boo on them. If your drain tubes don't come out before you go home, I really don't think taking them out at home was that terrible. But I'm not a doctor, and everyone is different. It worked out fine for me. I wore loose sweat pants home and the drain tubes were on the inside. I tucked the thing that catches the fluid into the top of my underwear, I had bought a size larger sexy granny panties to be comfortable LOL, so there was plenty of stretch room there. I did get stopped and searched at security in the airport. They had me touch the thing that catches the fluid and then they wiped my hands with a cloth that they tested. No biggie.

LOL, thats awesome that your husband got to cut the umbilical cord, I had three boys and I don't even remember having that option.

As soon as all the tapes come off, i will post a new pic. The incision line that I can see looks amazing. Very thin and similar to the scar from my band where the port was done. Hopefully a few more days. I'm anxiously waiting :)

Did they tighten your stomach muscles and did they also reposition your port? I can feel mine and still need to lose another 25lbs or so. I know my port would have to be moved deeper.

Oops.... My muscles were stretched and were in need of repair. And Dr. So said they did not need to make any changes to my port but now it feels like it's right above my belly button. However, it's still pretty close to where it was before surgery.