6 days post op

Cavrona

Hi everyone,

Today I am 6 days post op. I feel great.

The only complaint I have is my drains. I still have to much fluid draining, so Dr. So was unable to remove them before I left. However, I want them in as long as I need them. I am going to have my regular family Dr. remove them when Dr. So says its time. The problem is one pulls on the stitch and causes a weird uncomfortable burning sensation. There's really no way to fix that but it will go away when they come out. By the way, there is no other seeping from anywhere. My incision line is nice and clean and not bleeding or seeping.

I took the pain meds Dr. So prescribed while I was in Mexico. Just the Supradol every 12 hours. I am only taking Tylenol now when needed. Really, beside the drain discomfort, I have had no pain. It seem so crazy. I thought this would be painful, but so far so good. I forget sometimes I had my breast lift because I just don't feel any pain. And most of my stomach is numb.

I have to wear the compression garments for the next 4 weeks day and night, and then 4 weeks during the day only. I don't like it much but I am now uncomfortable without it. I only take it off to shower, wash it, and put it back on. Showering is an event in itself. To make sure I don't have my blood pressure drop when I take off the garment, I have to lay down and elevate my feet. Then I undo the garment and lay there for about 10-15 minutes. The first day I showered I did not do this and my blood pressure dropped and broke out in a sweat and then could feel myself about to pass out. UMMM not fun! I was right on that phone calling Dr. So. He explained it was normal and to lie down and let my blood pressure go back to normal. That was a freakish experience LOL.

So this may be TMI, but I had my first BM this morning. I was worried it has been almost a week and I have been eating a normal diet. I figured when my body was ready it would happen. But I asked Dr. So before I left if I should be taking something to help or just wait. His advice was to try Metamucil or just add more fiber into my diet. I was afraid it would be painful, but it wasn't. I wasn't straining to go either. So I am super relieved about that.

I did not get my band filled before I left. I am going to come back in 6 or 8 weeks to do that if needed. So I have no restriction at this time. I do not feel hungry though. Dr. So said because they did the muscle repair, I will feel restriction from that. He said my muscle were stretched out 12-15 CM WOW...They also removed 4 pounds of skin from my stomach. I will try to get that video up later. I got to see it and WOW.... just WOW. Anyway, I my plan is to stay with my normal band eating habits because I am afraid of having no restriction and making bad choices. I have not had soda since I was banded and have no desire to go there now. I did splurge and eat half of a great hamburger while at the hotel. Anyone staying at the Lucerna, there is a lunch truck down the street behind the hotel and they have the awesomest burgers. Usually I only eat the meat patty and I get cheese on it, but I did half with the bun and lettuce and tomato. I was totally in Heaven. It had the burger patty, ham, carne asada and cheese with a spicy sauce. AMAZING.

Well, I will update more later...:)

Hi everyone,

Today I am 6 days post op. I feel great.

The only complaint I have is my drains. I still have to much fluid draining, so Dr. So was unable to remove them before I left. However, I want them in as long as I need them. I am going to have my regular family Dr. remove them when Dr. So says its time. The problem is one pulls on the stitch and causes a weird uncomfortable burning sensation. There's really no way to fix that but it will go away when they come out. By the way, there is no other seeping from anywhere. My incision line is nice and clean and not bleeding or seeping.

I took the pain meds Dr. So prescribed while I was in Mexico. Just the Supradol every 12 hours. I am only taking Tylenol now when needed. Really, beside the drain discomfort, I have had no pain. It seem so crazy. I thought this would be painful, but so far so good. I forget sometimes I had my breast lift because I just don't feel any pain. And most of my stomach is numb.

I have to wear the compression garments for the next 4 weeks day and night, and then 4 weeks during the day only. I don't like it much but I am now uncomfortable without it. I only take it off to shower, wash it, and put it back on. Showering is an event in itself. To make sure I don't have my blood pressure drop when I take off the garment, I have to lay down and elevate my feet. Then I undo the garment and lay there for about 10-15 minutes. The first day I showered I did not do this and my blood pressure dropped and broke out in a sweat and then could feel myself about to pass out. UMMM not fun! I was right on that phone calling Dr. So. He explained it was normal and to lie down and let my blood pressure go back to normal. That was a freakish experience LOL.

So this may be TMI, but I had my first BM this morning. I was worried it has been almost a week and I have been eating a normal diet. I figured when my body was ready it would happen. But I asked Dr. So before I left if I should be taking something to help or just wait. His advice was to try Metamucil or just add more fiber into my diet. I was afraid it would be painful, but it wasn't. I wasn't straining to go either. So I am super relieved about that.

I did not get my band filled before I left. I am going to come back in 6 or 8 weeks to do that if needed. So I have no restriction at this time. I do not feel hungry though. Dr. So said because they did the muscle repair, I will feel restriction from that. He said my muscle were stretched out 12-15 CM WOW...They also removed 4 pounds of skin from my stomach. I will try to get that video up later. I got to see it and WOW.... just WOW. Anyway, I my plan is to stay with my normal band eating habits because I am afraid of having no restriction and making bad choices. I have not had soda since I was banded and have no desire to go there now. I did splurge and eat half of a great hamburger while at the hotel. Anyone staying at the Lucerna, there is a lunch truck down the street behind the hotel and they have the awesomest burgers. Usually I only eat the meat patty and I get cheese on it, but I did half with the bun and lettuce and tomato. I was totally in Heaven. It had the burger patty, ham, carne asada and cheese with a spicy sauce. AMAZING.

Well, I will update more later... :)

It sounds like your doing great. I think everyone that has any major surgery has BM problems. That department just wants to shut down. LOL. I aways recommend "Milk of Mag",, it works wonders!

Since you had your band unfilled, keep an eye on your food intake. I remember after my LBL I was a real "oinker" and gained a good 10lbs.

PS, your Plastic Surgery pictures look great! This is the first time I've seen a picture of Dr. Castillo.