3 weeks post op

Cavrona

Hi everyone, today I am 3 weeks post op. I feel good. no pain....a bit of itching though. The tapes are starting to come off and the incision lines look very nice. I will post a few pics up. I started swelling a bit...my tummy felt like a water balloon. If I pushed lightly on one side I could feel like a small wave go across my belly..Odd.. Called Dr. So, he said this is normal. Just stay in my compression garment, it will help. I now feel strange when I take it off. But one more week and then I will be out of it at night. I go back to work in 3 days. I took off plenty of time to recuperate, but I feel very ready to go back. I have not done anything strenuous but I have been up and around and resting quite a bit too. I am just very bored, not a sit around kind of girl. I do want to make sure my body heals well and I don't over do anything because I feel really good. I have had small bouts of a bit of depression, I am prone to this though and i used to take meds for this. I have been off of them for quite some time now and I am not sure if this is just a stage of my recovery or just me.

To feel better I have had my husband take me for a drive, He is not letting me drive yet, that in itself could be an issue. I love to drive and listen to music. or he takes me to go get frozen yogurt, one of my favorite things. I am just tired of watching movies and being on the computer. I am very ready to be back to my normal routine.

Hey Christi!

Glad to hear that you are doing so well 3 weeks out. Please try not to be concerned about your down times. I had upper and lower eyelid surgery a few years back and battled some feelings of isolation during that time. (I didn't want to go out looking so scary--afraid I might spook young kids or little animals-haha). You will feel back to normal once you head back to work (and everyone begins complimenting you on your cute little body :) ) Hope your sweilling continues to go down. You have taken good care of yourself!

The morning after my surgery I was ready to be up and walking. I walked around OCC and then later in the day, I got to go back to the Lucerna. I walked up and down the hallway on the floor we were on throughout the day. We took cabs to go out to eat. Right down the street from Lucerna there are a bunch of restaurants. In the first few days, It just felt like I got tired quickly, but felt good otherwise.

I am back to work now. I feel really good. Some of the surgical tapes have still not come off, but the swelling has gone down. I am still in my binder garments all the time. After Friday, I will only wear them during the day. I am anxious to see how I feel without them. When I shower and then get back into them, they feel way comfy..

I was very scared too. that's normal, its a big decision, I am sure you'll be fine. They will take very good care of you, I am excited for you, I would love to hear about your experience, when are you going?

by the way today is 4 weeks post op. I finished my first week back at work. Everyone says I look amazing. That is always great to hear. I feel well. I did get tired but I work 10 hour days so they drag on LOL. Tonight will be my first night out of my binder garments, can't wait to see how that feels. I only have a little bit of the tapes left on my breasts just around the nipple area. my incisions look so good. I think they will fade to a very light line similar to my port scar. that is how thin they are.

I can't wait to go bra shopping. I am so excited to buy something that is not a double or triple D and that has matching underwear. I hated being so big it was hard to find that. My husband jokes around, he always matches...everything he wears is white hahahaha

If anyone would like to see after pics, please email me and I will send them that way. I cant seem to be able to post them here. MY laptop windows system crashed the other day :( BOO so I am on a different computer and I don't know what the issue is but I will happily e mail them if you would like to see :)

Christie,

Thanks for the update. I am not feeling as nervous as last week. I am actually getting excited seems like Nov. may never get here. Did you go back to the clinic everyday to get things checked out or did the clinic call . I can't believe that you felt good enough to go out and eat in restaurants, thats great. I hope that I feel as good as you did.

• 2 weeks later...

I went back to the hotel on a sat, then to the back and forth to the clinic on mon, tues, and weds. and flew home on weds. I hope all goes well for you, i look forward to hearing about it. :)

Congratulations !! How brave of you !!

I, too, want a tummy tuck and breast lift (poss augmentation) -- can you email me your pics ?

Thank you so much for the willingness to share your story !

Lisa

cruiser42@gmail.com

• 2 weeks later...

5 days until the big day, very nervous and excited, I haven't found much information on Dr Calderon which worries me a little but I trust OCC. Christie you have been a great help as your the only one on here that has had surgery with him. How are you doing now?

So excited for you, Momma4! Are you close to OCC, or will you be taking a flight to get there? That is a big fear of mine, traveling to far with the drain(s) etc. You have said it--you are in trusted hands at the OCC. Please post with all the details when you are able to. The best of everything to you.

I am excited for you momma4...keep us posted on how your doing. :)

I am going tomorrow for a fill and to follow up with Dr. Castillo. I will post when I get back

LisaVA I just sent you pics, I am sorry it has taken this long, I wish I could get them to post in my gallery. :(

• 5 months later...

I went back to the hotel on a sat, then to the back and forth to the clinic on mon, tues, and weds. and flew home on weds. I hope all goes well for you, i look forward to hearing about it. :)

How was flying home that soon? Also how did you feel going back to the hotel on Saturday and not having any care of Sunday?

Bella, my daughter and I both had our surgery (gastric sleeve) done on a Friday and we went to hotel on Sat afternoon. On Sunday morning I woke up drenched from my drain leaking. I hated to bother anyone but did call the doc on call because I didn't want to set myself up for an infection. He was SO SWEET about it, met me right away at the hospital, he made all the arrangements for me to be driven there and was waiting for us when we arrived. He took us right up took care of the problem, gave me extra supplies in case I needed them, told me not to hesitate to call back and he would be happy to meet us at any time if we needed him. I NEVER once felt like I was a problem and was grateful for him prompt, friendly yet professional demeanor. You are NEVER without care! They are great.