Northern/Central California Fill Doctor- THE BEST

Hello, I don't get on this forum, but I am a long-time bandster (successful, though still going after 10 more pounds!). With FCUSA closing, I wanted to put my fill doc's info up here because she is WONDERFUL. Dr. Gail Altschuler has a clinic in Novato (and sometimes San Rafael I think), her practice is called The Altschuler Clinic for Weight Loss. She does a lot of different things, fills is just one of them. She's very much a global, whole-picture kind of fill doc, it's not just all about fills and restriction. She spends a lot of time with people and is very personable, fun and I trust her. I used to go back to OCC for fills but found Gail about 2.5 years ago and have been going to her since. I have a touchy band, it takes nothing to get me super tight out of the blue, and she's been super patient and helpful, letting me come in on a moment's notice if needed. I'm going to be writing an official testimonial for her website soon, but wanted to put it out there for anyone interested. Good luck to all!

Karen

Hello, I don't get on this forum, but I am a long-time bandster (successful, though still going after 10 more pounds!). With FCUSA closing, I wanted to put my fill doc's info up here because she is WONDERFUL. Dr. Gail Altschuler has a clinic in Novato (and sometimes San Rafael I think), her practice is called The Altschuler Clinic for Weight Loss. She does a lot of different things, fills is just one of them. She's very much a global, whole-picture kind of fill doc, it's not just all about fills and restriction. She spends a lot of time with people and is very personable, fun and I trust her. I used to go back to OCC for fills but found Gail about 2.5 years ago and have been going to her since. I have a touchy band, it takes nothing to get me super tight out of the blue, and she's been super patient and helpful, letting me come in on a moment's notice if needed. I'm going to be writing an official testimonial for her website soon, but wanted to put it out there for anyone interested. Good luck to all!

Karen

Hi Karen, Thanks for the info. We love hearing about good fill doctors.

I don't know why you don't get on this forum, but we'd love to see you back here.

Yes, I know I should! Just too busy I guess, like a lot of long-time bandsters so used to the band don't really even think about it! No Dr. Altschuler does not use Fluoro. She was trained down at the OCC years ago and she's really good "blind". I'd only had OCC-fills before her so I was kind of nervous, but she's cautious and makes you drink icy cold water, you can really feel the pause, then trickle, and get a sense of how tight you are with that. I am not 100% sure what she'll be charging now that FCUSA isn't around, so I don't want to put anything out there. It's about what everyone else charges, I think, though the other SF Bay Area docs charge WAY more because you're a "Mexico" patient.... =)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Huh, that's really weird, I couldn't find that to see what they said. Gail (Dr. Altschuler) is super quick on email and her office person Cathy is busy but gets back to people asap, so that's really surprising. Maybe they called an old number?? Not sure. The # I have is 415-897-9800