Anybody had plastics done at OCC RECENTLY with the new Plastics Surgeon?

AngelaAnn

Hello,

I am considering having some plastic surgery procedures done at The Ariel Center...starting with a thigh lift/liposuction. My question is: has anyone had any procedures with the CURRENT plastic surgeon at OCC? How was the experience and are you happy with the results? I ask because I don't know if there was a cultural/language barrier or what, but when I had a consultation, he was very fixated on a tummy tuck...that is an area that doesn't bother me. Has anyone had anything other than a tummy tuck with the CURRENT plastic surgeon??

Thank you very much for any information!

I haven't but I want to comment on I think it is very sad he focused on an area that you are fine with and didn't consult and talk to you ONLY for what you wanted. I find that very odd either he is just trying to sell tummy tucks or that is what he feel comfortable with most. I have been on a diffren message board, and they have a whole HUGE section on mexico plastic surgons and even ones in the states. (I was suprised one surgen posted rates and they were not much cheaper than here in the states if insurance doesn't cover it)

Yeah ........................ well, do a good search in the forums for info on the PS. They never stick around for long ........ ...............

On a personal note, i would never ever chose a PS if I wasn't happy with the consult or the doctors' bedside manner. This would be a huge factor for me.

And based on the amount of issues that can pop up post surgery, I wouldn't bother getting it done there. Get it done close to home so you can go in when/if things come up. As mentioned above, the costs' aren't that competative by the time you factor in your at least 7 day stay, and follow up that will probably be needed, etc.

I priced out a surgeon in Chicago, who was almost the same cost! And he was highly recommend by a few members of this forum who had success surgeries with him. Just do your research .. a lot of it. And don't just assume that it's cheaper in Mexico. Because it's not.

Hey Angela--

Just a word, for what it's worth, on why the plastic surgeon may have been talking to you about the tummy tuck. I haven't had my tummy tuck yet, but have had a couple of consults locally. The surgeon (who I would like to work with) told me, while pulling my abdominal skin in an upward direction, that getting a properly done tummy tuck can help some folks with issues they have with the extra skin on the upper thighs. While he was pulling up, there was a difference noted in the look of the skin on my upper legs. I wonder if he is concerned about working with your thighs first, that if you eventually get your tummy tuck done it will affect the look of the skin on your legs because of the pulling effect. Or maybe, he wouldn't be able to give you as good of a tummy tuck because of the pulling. Just puttin' it out there. Whatever you decide, best of luck to you :)

• Like 1

tootsie_lou I never even thought of that good post. I can remeber when I was pregnent and my belly was all streached out and pulling up my thighs were smaller. makes a lot of sense to me.

My wife just had a lower body lift done by Dr. Iteld in Oakbrook IL last fall. She just had her inner thighs done last week by him, he did an awesome job. I had my lower body lift done at Cosmed, I'd never go back there. You got to look at the cost of airfare, hotel expense, etc, by going to MX. I know the plastic surgeon at the OCC is doing great work, but add up all the costs and see where you come out before you make a decision. Plus, is that surgeon doing great work? You get what you pay for, plus, you got to consider where your going. The OCC is someone you can trust, you had your WLS done there, Dr. Ortiz isn't going to let some half ass plastic surgeon do anything on you. But, if you can't make it to the OCC, "DO YOUR HOMEWORK" there's a lot of good plastic surgeons out there.

• Like 1

When I was there a month ago there was a girl who had a tummy tuck done by OCC about 9 months ago, and while I was there (April 3) she had her breast and arms done. She said she was very very happy with her results! I wish more people would post on here after.

• 3 weeks later...

Dr. Castillo has done my tummy tuck, last August and now my breast and arms. I am very happy with everything, but I have to say the tummy is his best work! I mean I kind of expected the results of my breasts and arms, but he went way over my expectations with my tummy. I look like i have a six pack and I can honestly say I don't work out enough to have one. I am going back to have my thighs done, which does concern me a bit more considering the scars that are very visible... but the excess skin is just too much and those little horns around my knees, you all know what I'm talking about... they gotta go! I would post before and after pics, but very technically challenged...

Hi All,

I know that the cost isn't too much of a difference between U.S. and OCC--I live in San Diego, so for me, it is not too much trouble going down there. I just feel like Dr. Castillo's demeanor wasn't very attentive...or something. I am glad that people are happy with their results, because I know that the person that did Nurse Martin's work doesn't work for the OCC anymore...I do know that I never had a problem with Dr. O (except maybe that I see him as a ghost doctor) and Dr. Martinez and Dr. So are fantastic!! And so were the nurses!!

• 3 months later...

I am in the same spot as you in that I am trying to find a good cosmetic surgeon. I have been on the internet for the last 2 weeks looking at Drs all over the US and all over the America's (Panama, Dominican Republic). There are a LOT of drs out there. Unforunately I haven't had a great experience with the office of Dr Ortiz. In doing my research I contacted Dr Castillo first then found info on Dr Ortiz website about him. I had already obtained a quote before I went to Dr Ortiz (which I proved) and now I cannot get Dr Castillo to return my emails. It would turn out that because I didn't go thru Dr Ortiz and because he cannot get his 'cut' then I cannot get the (great) price I was quoted from Dr Castillo. Luckily there are a lot of great surgeons to choose from and they are competitive. On a last note, I understand that if Dr Ortiz refers someone there should be a referral fee and I totally okay with that.... I'm just not okay with doing my homework and finding someone and then Dr Ortiz expecting me to pay for that.

I too have been resarching this ... for almost a full year now.

And pretty much determined is worth the few extra $$ to stay close to home, due to follow up, which is guaranteed ... the extra expense(d) you will end up paying, should you need to return to an international doctor are ones a lot of people don't pretict or plan for.

Just keep this in mind, if you're getting any kind of invasive cosmetic surgery done.

I too have been resarching this ... for almost a full year now.

And pretty much determined is worth the few extra $$ to stay close to home, due to follow up, which is guaranteed ... the extra expense(d) you will end up paying, should you need to return to an international doctor are ones a lot of people don't pretict or plan for.

Just keep this in mind, if you're getting any kind of invasive cosmetic surgery done.

So true!