BAND SLIPAGE

mrsflo

Its been right at 1 1/2 years or 20 months since I had my lap band for some reason I am throwing up slime and have so much acid reflux that I have to sit up in the bed at night to sleep and once I do fall asleep I waking up strangling and coughing I keep a can or bottle on side of my bed to spit in every night, I can't eat anything I'm on liquids and soft foods and I can only take a few sips or 1 or 2 bites of pudding or apple sauce b4 I feel full I thought maybe it was because I had not had bowel movement in about a week in a half I took a laxative and nothing has changed I know this is to much information but I want to know does anyone else or have anyone else had these symptoms don't know if my band has slipped or whats going on please some one let me know.....Thanks

I had the same symptoms of sliming, acid reflux, waking up at night choking, etc. I went back to OCC and Dr. So unfilled me because my pouch was enlarged. I went back a couple months later and everything was fine and I got a fill. My band had not slipped, but could have had I not went in to get it checked. I had to take Maalox and was on liquids for several days to allow the inflamation to go down and my pouch returned to normal size. You need to get it checked. You probably need an unfill. My symptoms had been going on for a couple of months before I finally decided to have it checked. Hope this helps.

• 3 weeks later...

I had the same thing happen to me as well a little while ago. I could not get to the doctor right away, unfortunately...it is a lot of travelling (non do it here) and I have a toddler now. I did liquids for about a week and thankfully that helped. I think mine started because I got sick. Pretty sure everything was swollen and once I did liquids it all calmed down. Scary stuff. Go to the DOCTOR though!!!! :) Good Luck!

• 5 months later...