March 2017 Surgeries

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am scheduled for March 8th! Coming from Florida! I'm also nervous, excited, scared, etc. I'm nervous about failing on my pre-op diet too. I hope everything goes well. I'm thinking about skipping this forum though because, no one ever responds, and there are plenty of views and no comments. I really want to hear what others are doing, how they feel etc.. Support, lol. I want more testimonials as well. If you are having surgery in March 2017, tell me why you chose OCC? What have you heard? And how do you plan to achieve your weight loss goals!

• Like 4

I'm sorry you feel like skipping the "Forum" because no one responds. There's a lot information here and a majority of the members come here to learn about the WLS lifestyle. This forum has been around for a long time, I'm sure if you look hard enough, every question you have has been answered here in the forum. 99.9% of the patients here  have had a positive experience with the OCC and their surgery. The OCC itself has been recognized as a  "SRC International Center of Excellence" and is "JCI Accredited". Not many doctors or surgical centers in the USA even have that honor. We also have several other social media sites on Facebook that you can go to learn and socialize. 

As far as how does a patient achieve their weight loss goals? Every patients first step is to make their decision about choosing to go with weight loss surgery. After that its all up to the patient. Remember, weight loss surgery is just a tool, you have to decide to use that tool and make it work to help you achieve your goal.  

https://obesitycontrolcenter.com/ has a lot of information too, including links to other social media sites.

• Like 1

On 2/10/2017 at 5:32 AM, Dolittle said:

I'm sorry you feel like skipping the "Forum" because no one responds. There's a lot information here and a majority of the members come here to learn about the WLS lifestyle. This forum has been around for a long time, I'm sure if you look hard enough, every question you have has been answered here in the forum. 99.9% of the patients here  have had a positive experience with the OCC and their surgery. The OCC itself has been recognized as a  "SRC International Center of Excellence" and is "JCI Accredited". Not many doctors or surgical centers in the USA even have that honor. We also have several other social media sites on Facebook that you can go to learn and socialize. 

As far as how does a patient achieve their weight loss goals? Every patients first step is to make their decision about choosing to go with weight loss surgery. After that its all up to the patient. Remember, weight loss surgery is just a tool, you have to decide to use that tool and make it work to help you achieve your goal.  

https://obesitycontrolcenter.com/ has a lot of information too, including links to other social media sites.

Thanks for all your help and information! I've definitely been researching and following a few active forums! 

My surgery was scheduled for March, but I had to reschedule to May. Still feeling a range of emotions as I navigate this pre-op diet and push myself to get more active.

I wanted to tell both of you that there is a very active (closed) group on Facebook called "OCC Support Group". They share testimonials, ideas for various stages (pre-op, post-op, what to eat, etc.) And even what to pack for the trip! Just request to join.

• Like 4

On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 11:11 PM, Jami216 said:

Thanks so much!!! Yes this is an emotional journey for sure. I'm almost too excited though! Focusing on my life after, hopefully no complications. I'm so sick of losing 20lbs and gaining it back. The pre-op isn't easy but I hope it goes by fast.

I am sched for gastric sleeve on Mar 10. I am excited. I too, am sick of losing 20 lbs and gaining 25 back. I gained a couple pounds first week of pre op diet, now below starting weight. It is difficult I find I am not hungry as I drink a protein shake in am and pm, eat lunch and snack in pm. Drinking water helps as well. However, I am nervous about reaching my goal for preop. I have read many testimonials online from various sites and researched Dr Ortiz and OCC. I am confident, this is the right center and team for me. I also like they have follow up after surgery for 5 yrs. I like the extra step they take of suturing staple line inside stomach as well.

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 0:03 AM, Jami216 said:

I am scheduled for March 8th! Coming from Florida! I'm also nervous, excited, scared, etc. I'm nervous about failing on my pre-op diet too. I hope everything goes well. I'm thinking about skipping this forum though because, no one ever responds, and there are plenty of views and no comments. I really want to hear what others are doing, how they feel etc.. Support, lol. I want more testimonials as well. If you are having surgery in March 2017, tell me why you chose OCC? What have you heard? And how do you plan to achieve your weight loss goals!

I am coming from SW FL on Mar 9 for surg on 10th.

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, 40andfabulous said:

Hey Isha! That's right positive vibes only! Yesssss!

I am super concerned with my pre-opt diet.. and losing what I need to lose for surgery.. hitting it hard with my daily steps and shakes.. appreciate any and all tips please

I think meal prepping will be key! There are tons of ideas for this on pintrest. I also have a water bottle that is marked off of times to drink to ensure I get 64 ounces in. I will start my diet on Friday and add the suppliments when they get here. I can share ideas with you once I shop tomorrow if you want! I have no doubt you will be just fine and I will support you with our journey no worries we can do this!

My gastric Sleeve procedure is set for March 14 2017 a week away but I couldn't find a physician to follow up with me here in St. Louis, Missouri. I think I am going to get cold feet because I don't feel properly prepared.

On 2017-03-07 at 5:56 PM, LIghterShug said:

My gastric Sleeve procedure is set for March 14 2017 a week away but I couldn't find a physician to follow up with me here in St. Louis, Missouri. I think I am going to get cold feet because I don't feel properly prepared.

What did you decide?

On 3/7/2017 at 6:56 PM, LIghterShug said:

Truthfully, this is what makes the sleeve the "go to" weight loss surgical procedure.  I've never heard of anyone needing follow up care from their PCP.  If someone has, it's never been mentioned. The only complications you ever read about are if someone is constipated or is having a little acid re-flux. And that can be easily addressed with a phone call to the OCC.