August 2017 Surgeries

• Dolittle pinned this topic
  • 5 months later...

Scheduled August 3! I'm so nervous and excited!! Worried about losing my pre-op weight. Nervous about going alone! But so excited for all the good I've read. 3 years ago I lost 75lbs on a low carb plan, but put it all on then some in the last year. I'm sick of fighting the urge to eat. So ready to feel less hungry!

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Amberls said:

Scheduled August 3! I'm so nervous and excited!! Worried about losing my pre-op weight. Nervous about going alone! But so excited for all the good I've read. 3 years ago I lost 75lbs on a low carb plan, but put it all on then some in the last year. I'm sick of fighting the urge to eat. So ready to feel less hungry!

Hey AmberIs! I just scheduled for August 2nd! I'm traveling alone from the states, and about 3 years ago, I lost 75lbs too (and gained it all back!). Sounds like we have similar stories! I've got some nerves too- not sure if we can direct message on here- but would love to connect, since we're both going alone- and support is always good! 

• Like 2

On 7/11/2017 at 2:30 PM, SusieQueue said:

Hi, I'm scheduled for surgery on August 23.  Looking forward to it!

I am also scheduled for Aug 23! Travelling down on my own. Feeling slightly apprehensive but I think mostly because of the unknowns about the post op phase. 

I have a question regarding medical coverage and travelling to Mexico. I have extended benefits from my employer which covers emergency costs in the event of a medical situation. What insurance coverage to people usually get when coming to Mexico for planned medical procedures such as this?

Anyone else scheduled for August 10th?

I'm both nervous and excited. Nervous about the two week pre-op liquid diet and how I'll be able to handle the hunger and cravings. But excited to start a new chapter in life and finally get healthy!

10 hours ago, Cynthia333 said:

I have a question regarding medical coverage and travelling to Mexico. I have extended benefits from my employer which covers emergency costs in the event of a medical situation. What insurance coverage to people usually get when coming to Mexico for planned medical procedures such as this?

I haven't seen or heard of anyone needing any medical coverage coming to the OCC. Your pretty much under the guiding hands of the OCC, they do almost everything for you. The only time your not in their presence is when your at the hotel for a couple days after your surgery. Most stick around the hotel and take it easy. I guess if you fell out of the hotel bed and got hurt would be a worse case scenario. lol 

23 hours ago, Cynthia333 said:

I am also scheduled for Aug 23! Travelling down on my own. Feeling slightly apprehensive but I think mostly because of the unknowns about the post op phase. 

Hello!  I sent you a direct message.  I'm also traveling alone and am excited!

12 hours ago, Dolittle said:

I haven't seen or heard of anyone needing any medical coverage coming to the OCC. Your pretty much under the guiding hands of the OCC, they do almost everything for you. The only time your not in their presence is when your at the hotel for a couple days after your surgery. Most stick around the hotel and take it easy. I guess if you fell out of the hotel bed and got hurt would be a worse case scenario. lol 

Thanks. I have that kind of insurance for unplanned emergencies. I was thinking more of insurance for planned surgery and unplanned outcomes. The more I look into it, the more it sounds like there are no companies that offer anything that covers that.

On 7/12/2017 at 8:05 PM, EmilyW said:

Anyone else scheduled for August 10th?

I'm both nervous and excited. Nervous about the two week pre-op liquid diet and how I'll be able to handle the hunger and cravings. But excited to start a new chapter in life and finally get healthy!

yes me but im try to pay my down payment that lady havnt seen me no email

On 1/28/2017 at 6:00 AM, Dolittle said:

This is the topic for those who are scheduling their surgery during the month of August. Posting in this topic gives you a chance to meet other patients that are going to be in TJ during this month

i need help how to pay my down payment 

On 7/14/2017 at 11:05 PM, America said:

she said i have 24 hour to reserve that day and im trying to find out how can i reserve  on line and pay can u help me 

You should have received an email containing all the information you will need to prepare for you surgery. Included is a link to where you can make your deposit payment. If you don't see the email in your inbox, check your junk email folder because it might have been tagged as junk (that's what happened to me). If you did not receive the email I would recommend emailing whichever patient coordinator you have been in contact with or call them at 1-866-376-7849. Hope this helps!

Anyone else struggling to adhere to the low carb pre-op diet? I've got about a week left before I start the pre-op liquid diet and I'm really struggling with the cravings. It's not that I feel hungry, just that I'm so accustomed to eating tons of carbs that I'm having a hard time staying away from them. Makes me worry about how I'll be able to follow the pre-op liquid diet for two weeks.

On 7/18/2017 at 10:09 AM, Kirsten said:

Hey y'all, I have surgery the 25th. Coming in the the 24th! Hopefully, I'll run into some of you :)

I'll be there....arriving in on the 22 and surgery on the 23 so by the 24 should be arriving back at the hotel. Not too sure what time but we could certainly meet up :)

• Like 1

Hello! I'm scheduled for the 21st and mostly just excited although I too am nervous about the pre-op diet. I can't tell you how many hours I've spent researching this procedure.  I'm in nursing school and always eating on the run but I'm motivated to do this right so my surgery goes as smoothly as possible. We have something to really work for here so it's worth it. I'm arriving with my mom on Sunday the 20th and checking in for pre-op and surgery the following morning. Would love to hear from those who are getting sleeved earlier in the month to hear how things are going and offer support to anyone who needs it.

Anyone else scheduled for August 10th or around that time? I would love to meet up with some fellow VSG patients!

How is everyone's pre-op diets going? I am on day 5 of the liquid pre-op diet and I accidentally cheated yesterday! Oops! Out of habit, I grabbed a yogurt from the fridge like I would normally do for breakfast and had eaten almost half of it before I remembered that I'm on a diet and that I shouldn't have it! Felt super guilty and started panicking, wondering if I had just ruined my diet and surgery by eating that little bit of yogurt. Then I realized that a few bites of yogurt wasn't going to completely derail my diet and surgery. Pulled myself together, grabbed a protein shake and got back on track! I'm now more determined than ever to follow the pre-op diet to a T to ensure my surgery goes as smoothly as possible!

If anyone is interested in connecting to talk about all things VSG related, feel free to email me at emmylouwentler@hotmail.com

Good luck to all!

• Like 2